Day2 FUN

Perfect weather for the long walk from hotel to show. Arrived early so I attended the intro to collecting Seated Liberty coinage seminar. Missed opening of show, so no idea how many hit the for at 10:00 AM.
My current scope of collecting is
1878 Philadelphia Morgan Dollar Vams, so I went to a couple of dealer tables known for vams and spent my allowance on these four..

None of these are even remotely close to top pops, etc.
But I still like playing in the registry pool even if just a minnow.
Late afternoon I attended John Roberts top twelve vams for 2019 seminar then “Annual Vam Thing”.
Looks like Saturday will include more seminars unless I break out the credit card.
Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you had great day, Tim - thanks for sharing.

Successful BST transactions with 140 members. Recent: fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, BAJJERFAN, Valenti151, GotTheBug, okiedude, jhdfla, LRCTom, ajaan, Raybo
  • SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭

Sweet. Glad you found some keepers!

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report and pics they are nice Morgans.

• DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somewhere Messydesk is smiling........

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you're doing it. It's nice to choose a focus and engage. Have fun. Report back to us some more. Peace Roy

• SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice newps!

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you had a good time at FUN - I'm jealous!

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).
    I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17)
    Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ
  • rickoricko Posts: 68,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking Morgans... I have no idea at all about VAMs....Sometimes makes me wonder if I have any among the Morgans I have.... just never even considered looking. That being said, you seem totally immersed in the field... So congratulations on your acquisitions... Cheers, RickO