Home Precious Metals

So what is the general selling value of an ASE sold personally?

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

I see what Apmex in store and on web prices are and other dealers. Ebay stuff generally has to cover costs so...

I'm selling some off 1 or so at a time via craigs or the ad boards.. I'll assume I can get/try more for the better ones (almost BU), maybe more for toned, older dates. It will pay to replace missed ones in the series (which I'll likely get from Apmex lol).

COA

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

$2.50 - 3.00 over spot

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

$2.25 - $3.00 above melt per oz for one coin.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

My buy price is spot.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Easily able to move at $1 over, can usually fetch $2 with a bit of effort.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have some key dates and the are MM please DM me the years and if you have OMP

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

you can buy singles for 18 each here so no way would you get 2$ over

• tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

Yeah. I usually put an ad out for 1 or 2 items to make a first contact. Have some in my inner circle that do bigger at a time, but that had been 90% and bars. Selling ASE's is new.

@PerryHall said:
    Selling a low value coin such as this coin one at a time seems like a lot of work.

COA
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

$18 is MORE than $2 over.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

I mean you can buy them for 18 pretty much any year except 1996 so theres no way you could sell them for 2$ over to a shop.

Shops are paying a buck under here

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

I mean you can buy them for 18 pretty much any year except 1996 so theres no way you could sell them for 2$ over to a shop.

Shops are paying a buck under here

I don't think he's wanting to sell to a shop. They are competition so he'd try to sell at what they are selling or maybe a tad less. You'd have a hard time flipping for a profit if you bought from the last guy in the chain.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

For non proof ASE's, in BU condition, I would pay $1 over spot and reasonable shipping (not the ripoff shipping charges seen lately). Cheers, RickO

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you saying you are selling your Eagle's and replaceing them from Apmex?

• MeshMesh Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

@tneig said:
    I see what Apmex in store and on web prices are and other dealers. Ebay stuff generally has to cover costs so...

I'm selling some off 1 or so at a time via craigs or the ad boards.. I'll assume I can get/try more for the better ones (almost BU), maybe more for toned, older dates. It will pay to replace missed ones in the series (which I'll likely get from Apmex lol).

how many are you looking to sell ?

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Easily able to move at $1 over, can usually fetch $2 with a bit of effort.

This is the fast way to move them. If you're in no hurry and patient you can get more than $2 over.

On ebay, raw single ASE sometimes go for $5 over or more but there's fees that eat up a bunch of $. Don't forget your shipping expense too. Selling singles and then paying for shipping wipes out all but the largest premiums. Sell in small groups of at least 5 to avoid excessive time & money spent on S&H.

@Smudge said:
    Are you saying you are selling your Eagle's and replaceing them from Apmex?

Just the three latest years to top off my nicest set in a Danco.

Apmex has some other things I want and with free shipping, I don't mind buying three BUs from them at $20. And the 2019's are just coming out.

I will check the shops this weekend to see what they will actually give for some more circulated ones. And gold too.

COA

@ricko said:
    For non proof ASE's, in BU condition, I would pay $1 over spot and reasonable shipping (not the ripoff shipping charges seen lately). Cheers, RickO

All of my non-encapsulated ones are basically touched, taken out of the tube, put back in, and more circulated ones. So sometimes selling them at $1 over in person makes it go fast and fair.

I'll have this one in hand, which makes my other circulated ones seem like a great price (an apmex surprise):

COA

Just a handful here and there.
    The whole selling thing was driven by IRA income restrictions from ACA and SS. (Just hit 65 so that changed).
    Basically been selling small amounts (of everything) month to month as I needed cash. Now with the recent market tumble, I may sell a few here and there, still rather than tap an IRA while its low.

@Mesh said:
    how many are you looking to sell ?

COA
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Generic ASE: Local retail is $3 over spot for Joe and Joanne Sixpack and $2.50 over if you are a 'regular' customer (a little less in quantity). Cash and carry ... no tax. Legitimate private sales above $2 over spot would be rare in these parts.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces