Home U.S. Coin Forum

Estate coins to dispose of

CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, nothing valuable here :smile:

I have a few pounds of foreign coins from an estate, the kind of stuff U.S. tourists pick up in Europe and Asia.

Is there a good cause I can pass these on to?

Comments

• CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2018 9:47PM

@Paradisefound said:
    @KellenCoin is taking any donation for his ANA auction to advance the YN scholarship. You may want to PM him direct :)

Great idea!

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great of you to offer to donate @Coinosaurus. YN is the future. This would be a nice numismatic world history educational donation.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a great idea....Kids are really intrigued by foreign coins.. and old U.S. coins.. anything different from what they are used to. Come to think of it.. that was what got me started.... finding old U.S. coins when selling/delivering papers as a kid. Cheers, RickO

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Weigh them, take a pic, throw them up on ebay and donate the net to one of our Paradise victims.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • DreamcrusherDreamcrusher Posts: 210 ✭✭✭✭

The ANA uses world coins for their Coins for A's Program. A youngster who earns three or more A's in a marking period is sent a world coin with a challenge to learn as much about the history & geography of the country that minted the coin. They can submit as many report cards as they qualify for. Homeschoolers are welcome. The first time a student submits their grades, they are also offered a free initial one year ANA electronic membership. Any world coins can be sent to the ANA headquarters c/o Rod Gillis , ANA Education Director.

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

All good suggestions above. Depending on the quantity you have you may want to portion them between the suggestions. Don't forget BST on these forums. Promote what your goal is and I'm sure you'd get a good response and quick distribution to what ever cause you choose.

• mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

You could pack them in groups of 50 different coins and donate them to the Boy Scouts for the coin collecting merit badge, In 25 years they will reappear for that boy's son working on the badge.

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they are contemporary/non-numismatic coins, I know Amnesty International accepts coins as donations at many airport locations.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file