Home U.S. Coin Forum

I received a DC quarter in change!

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had forgotten about these things. I remember being unhappy because my Dansco album didn’t have space for the additional coins.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• zrlevinzrlevin Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Cool! I honestly can't say for certain that I've seen one before.....

Zach
  • Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kiyote said:
    I had forgotten about these things. I remember being unhappy because my Dansco album didn’t have space for the additional coins.

You can buy a page for the six territories and put it in your book.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s the variety that certified in my NGC registry set. So yes, I have seen this one, but I have not paid as much mind the subsequent designs in the America the Beautiful series.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • DCWDCW Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a big doubled die on the Denver DC quarter, and it is really rare. Keep an eye out

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    It’s the variety that certified in my NGC registry set. So yes, I have seen this one, but I have not paid as much mind the subsequent designs in the America the Beautiful series.

Same with most people, which is a pity, because the ATB series for the most part has more attractive designs.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have searched for the DD on this issue... no luck, probably checked about 30 coins I have had in change...Still looking... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file