Home U.S. Coin Forum

2019 US Mint Product Schedule published...

BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 11, 2018 11:03PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Do all government agencies do their data dumps on Friday evening? Sheesh.

2019 US Mint Product Schedule

Obvious things of note (emphasis mine):

Jan 24: Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemoratives (All options, including the puck and half dollar set)
Jan 25: Jefferson Silver Presidential Medal
Jan 31: Preamble to the Declaration of Independence 2019 Platinum Proof Coin - Liberty

Feb 13: United States Mint 2019 Rocketship (Part of the kid marketing campaign)

Mar 14: The American Legion 100th Anniversary Commemortives (This should have been the 150th anniversary of the Transcontinental Railroad, but I digress)
Mar 28: United States Mint 2019 Explore and Discover Coin Set (Part of the kid marketing campaign)

Spring 2019: Madison Silver Presidential Medal

Summer 2019: Monroe Silver Presidential Medal
Summer 2019: Native American $1 2019 Coin & Currency Set (P-Mint. And after a two year absence, makes more sense with the Mint and BEP sharing space)

Fall 2019: American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Palladium Reverse Proof Coin (I knew they were going to do this...)
Fall 2019: JQ Adams Silver Presidential Medal
Fall 2019: United States Mint 2019 Youth Coin and Currency Set (S-Mint, part of the kid marketing campaign)

TBD: American Legion 100th Anniversary 2019 Silver Dollar and American Veterans Medal Set
TBD: American Liberty 2019 24K Gold Coin and Silver Medal

TBD: ALL Innobuck releases:
States: Delaware, Georgia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania.
Products: 100 coin bags (P&D), $25 rolls (P&D), Proof and Uncirc set, and individual Reverse Proof dollars.

Plus all the normal annual players, from the Birth set to the 4 coin AGE sets. There will again be two proof ASE's (W and S mint).

And like always, no mintage/product/HHL numbers, yet.

Edit (Nov 11) to add: Not exactly a Mint Store product, Coin World reports the Mint will also release 2019 Palladium bullion...

Comments

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big jump in number of products next year.

2018: 59
    2019: 89

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

Yeah, the Innobucks are adding over 20 products itself, and for the first time in years, the Mint is offering both commens in all three denominations as well as special sets for each.

The real question is, am I stupid enough to collect a set of Reverse Proof Innobucks. I will need to see one.

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Hemispherical said:

Yeah, the Innobucks are adding over 20 products itself, and for the first time in years, the Mint is offering both commens in all three denominations as well as special sets for each.

The real question is, am I stupid enough to collect a set of Reverse Proof Innobucks. I will need to see one.

Whatever happened to the introductory coin? Thought there was going to be a “first” in 2018 to start the series; and with all the hoopla with recall for more designs a few months ago. I guess we have this and next month for something.

Any thoughts about the mint “rarity” that the Director Ryder mentioned? Which product it might be in?

I am taking the plunge and predicting it is going to be a rotated die (press some coins medallic).

@Hemispherical said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Hemispherical said:

Whatever happened to the introductory coin? Thought there was going to be a “first” in 2018 to start the series; and with all the hoopla with recall for more designs a few months ago. I guess we have this and next month for something.

Well, technically, the intro coin wasn't able to be done within the timeframe given, so it may not get the special treatment the law wanted. My guess is it might still show up in the Uncirc/Proof sets. A lot of the innobuck series still seems to be up in the air because of the relatively short notice the law provided. (IIRC, the law stated if the coin couldn't be done with such short notice, it didn't have to be done.)

Any thoughts about the mint “rarity” that the Director Ryder mentioned? Which product it might be in?

I am taking the plunge and predicting it is going to be a rotated die (press some coins medallic).

It's supposed to be a "circulating coin", which probably means injected into commerce, and not in a mint store product. If the mint does this, the coins could sit in rolls for years and not be found. Of course, a "rarity" for the mint could mean a million coins (compared to the circulating coinage they produce), which wouldn't be much of a rarity at all.

I guessed a couple of weeks back they could do incuse coins. That would keep the coins within the confines of the law and still be noticeable by the common schmuc person. About 50K of each denomination would do it, or maybe as many as one or two die pairs will strike.

On the other hand, they could strike some coins at West Point, with a "W" mint mark. Or ship a press to Carson City or New Orleans and strike some coins there, which would really light a fire in the collecting world. (Though I'm not sure it would be legal to strike a coin with a "CC" or "O" on it...)

But to stress, if it's a circulating "coin", it has to remain within the boundaries of our coining laws.

• BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was young, the American Legion was still an important institution in all the little towns here in flyover country. I agree that that influence has greatly faded, but I am glad to see the coins.

I have the 1989 French Five Francs coin in Gold for the Eiffel Tower, and fully expect to obtain the American Legion coin in gold because it also features La Tour Eiffel.

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads-up.

Hopefully the pricing is reasonable for the Apollo 11 stuff.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Backroadjunkie !!!! This is always fun to preview! Any "Hot" coins predicted? Perhaps the Palladium again? The Liberty Gold ? Probably the curved moon coin will be super hot for awhile. And I think the Platinum three part series is a sleeper...

I find myself liking the Presidential Silver Medals.

So much variety being offered! It seems as we move closer to electronic money, plastic and computer transfers...the mint offers more coinage than ever! How many coins will be in a regular mint set for 2019? Is it back to 14?

I plan on a few items from the mint.

Apollos; American Legion; maybe the Guam puck - War in the Pacific (would like to see the design on the coin first); and maybe some others.

The rocketship and youth coin might be good for the grandkid but have to see what it is all about.

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Do all government agencies do their data dumps on Friday evening? Sheesh.

2019 US Mint Product Schedule

Obvious things of note (emphasis mine):

Jan 24: Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemoratives (All options, including the puck and half dollar set)
    Jan 25: Jefferson Silver Presidential Medal
    Jan 31: Preamble to the Declaration of Independence 2019 Platinum Proof Coin - Liberty

Feb 13: United States Mint 2019 Rocketship (Part of the kid marketing campaign)

Mar 14: The American Legion 100th Anniversary Commemortives (This should have been the 150th anniversary of the Transcontinental Railroad, but I digress)
    Mar 28: United States Mint 2019 Explore and Discover Coin Set (Part of the kid marketing campaign)

Spring 2019: Madison Silver Presidential Medal

Summer 2019: Monroe Silver Presidential Medal
    Summer 2019: Native American $1 2019 Coin & Currency Set (P-Mint. And after a two year absence, makes more sense with the Mint and BEP sharing space)

Fall 2019: American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Palladium Reverse Proof Coin (I knew they were going to do this...)
    Fall 2019: JQ Adams Silver Presidential Medal
    Fall 2019: United States Mint 2019 Youth Coin and Currency Set (S-Mint, part of the kid marketing campaign)

TBD: American Legion 100th Anniversary 2019 Silver Dollar and American Veterans Medal Set

TBD: ALL Innobuck releases:
    States: Delaware, Georgia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania.
    Products: 100 coin bags (P&D), $25 rolls (P&D), Proof and Uncirc set, and individual Reverse Proof dollars.

Plus all the normal annual players, from the Birth set to the 4 coin AGE sets. There will again be two proof ASE's (W and S mint).

And like always, no mintage/product/HHL numbers, yet.

That PA reverse proof will be some thing to see :o:o:o

Any info describing the "United States Mint 2019 Rocketship"? (Feb 13th).

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• bugbitbugbit Posts: 155 ✭✭✭

@COCollector said:

I'm also interested to find out what this is. I'm guessing it's gonna be a rocket shaped piece of cardboard with something common inside, but I've got my fingers crossed for something more interesting to make it worth getting for the kids.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@COCollector said:

Rumor has it that the North Korean Leader will be on it, but I'd wait to find out on Twitter.

@bestday said:

I agree. Hope PM prices are low in Fall of 2019. Hmm... maybe not. Or, rather, low on the week that the mint sets the price for the sale date. 🧐

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Backroad -- Innobucks are intriguing but we'll see. I love the pucks but they have to be low mintage (or sexy) to qualify in my collection.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

What was the previous “sexy” puck?.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info... :#

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck

@Onastone said:
    Thanks @Backroadjunkie !!!! This is always fun to preview! Any "Hot" coins predicted? Perhaps the Palladium again? The Liberty Gold ? Probably the curved moon coin will be super hot for awhile. And I think the Platinum three part series is a sleeper...

Personally, I think the Apollo 11 commems will do well. I think the puck and the Kennedy half-set will do particularly well. There are a lot of space fans out there. This might be the first time since the BBHoF commems that the gold and silver sell out.

The RP APdE will do well, people are still on the Pd bandwagon.

There might be a chance the NA and kid C&C sets might do well. I think it depends on the finish on the coin and the type of FRN they include. And they should be relatively cheap affordable.

The American Liberty release will probably do as well as the 2017. (I'm not buying any... :wink: )

I find myself liking the Presidential Silver Medals.

So do I. They were better struck than I thought they'd be. Still on the fence about collecting a set. (I'm supposed to be shrinking my collection, not expanding it by 37 ozt of silver...)

So much variety being offered! It seems as we move closer to electronic money, plastic and computer transfers...the mint offers more coinage than ever! How many coins will be in a regular mint set for 2019? Is it back to 14?

Given I'm almost offended at the idea of the Innobuck, I'm not sure I agree. :D

And no, I believe the Mint set will remain at 20 coins (the Proof at 10). Since the Innobuck is essentially NCLT, they'll probably make the (correct) decision to offer them in their own uncirc and proof sets. I was surveyed on this earlier this year. (At least I hope they don't return to a three lens set...)

@COCollector said:

This is the blurb Coin World published:

Youth initiatives

Among the three new youth-oriented products for 2019 is a product packaged in the shape of a rocket ship, that will launch in February 2019, one of three new youth-oriented products for 2019. The Mint’s Kara Murphy Haire, who oversees youth-oriented marketing, said that kids love dinosaurs and space, so the space set has a Native American dollar, Kennedy half dollar and an unidentified quarter dollar; a second product is an Explore and Discover set containing a magnifying glass with a cent planchet that kids can remove and handle; and a third kids-oriented, character-based program includes Eli (a fox) and Timmy (a boy), and has been presented to focus group and will be introduced at shows.

It might be worth noting the Mint has the Rocketship containing coins from Denver and SF, so it may be a combination of circulating and proof coins. But it's something to watch for, just in case the mint decided to strike a special coin like they did the S-Mint ASE a couple years ago...

Also worth noting is the kid C&C set isn't mentioned in the Coin World article.

Backroadjunkie, thanks for the info.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will likely get the American Legion coin....I hope the design is special....Significant 100 year anniversary...Cheers, RickO

• philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

A) what can I flip at a profit b) that will also plunge in value soon after? 🤨😝

He who knows he has enough is rich.

@philographer said:

American Innovation $1 coins. Buy 100-coin bags. Flip 'em like hotcakes. Can't miss. ;)

Not exactly a Mint Store product, Coin World is reporting the Mint will do a 2019 Palladium Bullion issue.

Palladium American Eagle bullion coin on 2019 U.S. Mint production schedule

edited November 12, 2018 1:06AM

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Not exactly a Mint Store product, Coin World is reporting the Mint will do a 2019 Palladium Bullion issue.

Palladium American Eagle bullion coin on 2019 U.S. Mint production schedule

Thanks @BackroadJunkie
    Too bad that the mint does not sell bullion direct to the public. Would be great... oh well.

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Hemispherical said:

There are now 92 listed on the product page. There was originally 89 last year when it was initially published.

I do not recall the “American Liberty 2019 Silver Medal” on the orginal listing of 89. Anyone know what are the other two added items?

• ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bestday said:

Is that because you're from PA or is something weird going on?

My vote is for the slinky BTW

edited January 3, 2019 11:23PM

@Hemispherical said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Hemispherical said:

There are now 92 listed on the product page. There was originally 89 last year when it was initially published.

I do not recall the “American Liberty 2019 Silver Medal” on the orginal listing of 89. Anyone know what are the other two added items?

The three added items are all MoneyFactory products, the 2019 birthday note, the MLK engraving and the first Apollo print...

@ReadyFireAim said:

@bestday said:
    That PA Pd reverse proof will be some thing to see :o:o:o

Is that because you're from PA or is something weird going on?

My vote is for the slinky BTW

I fixed his post for you. :wink:

(Well, I supposed he could have meant Pennsylvania, but given the context...)

Thanks @BackroadJunkie.

• so are they making any new pennies? and if so what mints?

edited January 30, 2019 4:37PM

@Calvinhardiman said:
    so are they making any new pennies? and if so what mints?

1 March is the release date for the proof set with a cent.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/united-states-mint-2019-proof-set-19RG.html?cgid=2019-product-schedule

If it is like last year it will look similar to this:

@Calvinhardiman said:

I believe the only world mint still striking pennies for circulation is the Royal Mint in England. Australia still strike pennies, but they're NCLT. Canada did away with theirs something like 5 years ago.

Is there another Mint still striking pennies?

(Yes, this is another "Cent" vs. "Penny" post... :wink: )

• Us mints passable

Interview with Marc Landry, US Mint, Acting Associate Director of the Mint’s Numismatic and Bullion Directorate (5 Feb 19), Lowell ATB Quarter pre-launch forum. Talks about the Liberty Coin and Medal.

Take away, the medal is projected to be 2 1/2 oz. Watch it all or skip to 6:45 for Liberty discussion:
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=561138404291818&id=194762709214&tn=H-R

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Calvinhardiman said:

They will probably mint 4 billion cents each in both P and D mints, and a few S mint proofs like always.

@philographer said:

Hamburgers if you work at McDonalds.

The 2019 schedule still does not show the palladium bullion they said would still do with the 2019 RP.

Wonder if they are having second thoughts due to the price increase? They did also cancel the 2018 one in favor of the 2018 proof.

@Goldminers said:
    The 2019 schedule still does not show the palladium bullion they said would still do with the 2019 RP.

Wonder if they are having second thoughts due to the price increase? They did also cancel the 2018 one in favor of the 2018 proof.

Bullion is not a product of the Mint Store. Note bullion AGE/ASE/APtE's aren't offered on the site either.

You'll have to go through one of the blessed resellers like APMEX.

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree the 150th Anniversary of Transcontinental Railroad should have been issued this year.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
    edited March 17, 2019 6:07AM

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Goldminers said:

Bullion is not a product of the Mint Store. Note bullion AGE/ASE/APtE's aren't offered on the site either.

You'll have to go through one of the blessed resellers like APMEX.

The Mint still has to mint and sell the bullion. Remember this?

https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/2018/10/no-palladium-american-eagle-bullion-coins.all.html

https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/2018/12/us-mint-announces-2019-bullion-coin-availability.html

Checked all the main Bullion dealers and no 2019 palladium bullion anywhere. I didn't ever say the Mint sells them to collectors, but they do sell to dealers and just saying it might not happen. Mint lost money selling Pt and Pd bullion so why bother doing it when everyone wants the RP anyway.

Until you see them, it is still debatable.

For the arborist.

Cherry Blossom Engraved Print
    Engravings
    $9.95
    This product will be available for sale on March 20, 2019, at 12 noon (ET).

https://catalog.usmint.gov/cherry-blossom-engraved-print-B46002.html?cgid=engravings#start=1

edited September 4, 2019 11:40AM

This is no longer on the product schedule, even though it had been given a price of $24.95.

This has been added with a TBD date. (Dammit, another Eagle...) This had better not be the same as the one in the Pride of Two Nations set. That already had a established mintage. (Maybe it'll be an S-Mint.)

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof,

Someone needs to reign Ryder in. He's getting stupid.

Staying away from “American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof.” Needs to be a different Mint, or, will need to submit OGP if getting it graded.

@BackroadJunkie said:
    This is no longer on the product schedule, even though it had been given a price of $24.95.

Aaand, it's back on the schedule with an October 31 sales date.

edited September 5, 2019 7:19AM

So many different 2019 silver eagles:

2019 MS
    2019-W SP
    2019-W PR
    2019-W Enhanced Reverse PR (Two Nations)
    2019-S PR
    2019-S Enhanced Reverse Proof (Youth set)

Completely out of control. Surprised they don't add some from the Denver Mint to go all in.

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

which is why all this stuff will depreciate in value

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

2019 MS
    2019-W SP
    2019-W PR
    2019-S PR

Completely out of control. Surprised they don't add some from the Denver Mint to go all in.

It tells you what their big seller is

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

2019 MS
    2019-W SP
    2019-W PR
    2019-S PR

I love silver eagles but this excessive variety is burning me out.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file