Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 US Mint Product Schedule published...

2»

Comments

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

Youth set is on the schedule for Oct 31
    But where were the contents of the set made public?

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@7over8 said:

What’s interesting is the 5th ATB quarter (Idaho) official release date is 5 Nov.

So... this set will have the Idaho quarter before it’s official release?

—————-

“Youth Coin and Currency Set™, it will contain each of the five 2019 quarters in proof finish and one uncirculated $2 bill.”

http://www.coinnews.net/2019/03/28/u-s-mint-releases-2019-explore-and-discover-coin-set-for-young-collectors/

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

@7over8 said:

What’s interesting is the 5th ATB quarter (Idaho) official release date is 5 Nov.

—————-

“Youth Coin and Currency Set™, it will contain each of the five 2019 quarters in proof finish and one uncirculated $2 bill.”

Aren't they already out in Proof & Mint sets?

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Hemispherical said:

@7over8 said:

—————-

Aren't they already out in Proof & Mint sets?

Your right. It is in the other sets.

I had the W quarters on my mind.

More caffeine.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll decide after all the details are known. All there varieties are a good idea gone bad which will get a response opposite to goal. After, those in charge will wonder why and pull back on collector coins...... maybe. It's typical for those making the mistake to blame others and then take an equally bad stance next time.

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

The proof American Silver Eagles are the bread and butter coins ensuring that the Mint's Collectors coins line is profitable, but dang if the Apollo 11 silver dollar hasn't sold well too. Over 250,000 pieces have been sold through September 1st.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

all this stuff will depreciate in value

To paraphrase Lily Tomlin, "We're the Mint. We don't care. We don't have to"

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    all this stuff will depreciate in value

To paraphrase Lily Tomlin, "We're the Mint. We don't care. We don't have to"

could well be true of most 19th and 20th century type coins. But if you like coins, you need to buy what you enjoy. If you are speculating on price, there are much more efficient means of investing.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

I normally don't start threads on annual coin sets, so maybe I'll use the product schedule thread to do my annual rant against the "Limited Edition" silver proof set... :D

It's on the schedule for October 17. $149.95.
    United States Mint Limited Edition 2019 Silver Proof Set (19RC)

Mintage Limit: None
    Product Limit: 50,000
    Household Order Limit: None

So this year, not only is it a whopping $39.05 over the S-Mint ASE and Silver Proof set (not to mention you don't get the proof cent, nickle, sacabuck), but you don't even get the reverse proof bonus cent! Is it, or is it not a silver proof set? Should I mention the set only contains 2.5ozt of silver?

It stymies me that they sell 50K of these a year. Packaging is everything I guess... ;)

• Options

@BackroadJunkie - Thanks for the heads up to pass on this one. This seems to be another squeeze on collectors to ring out their wallets. I may go for some mint issues because of the subject or organization or beautiful design. But this is just a repackaging of coins available separately for a much lower price. I for one will not will not step into this snare.

• Options

The price of the COA must have gone up.

:D:)

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't this also the first year that all silver coins are .999 instead .90?

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

@OPA said:
    Isn't this also the first year that all silver coins are .999 instead .90?

Yes. And it's about time they made that change. :)

I wonder if planchets would actually be less expensive since they don't have to create a coin silver alloy...

• Options

Thought I'd tag on this thread. Stumbled upon the 49fine $100 piece this year. I must say, not a fan at all of any recent mint design, well maybe the ben franklin commerative, but the obverse of this coin in matte is well done. Combines some elements of the $10 indian, flowing hair designs, technology of the age and the best finish Ive seen on a gold coin/medal. IMO, my taste veers away from gold finishes/gilt on medals, and this strikes me more of being a medal than a coin. The big silver will look incredible once an aged patina sets up.

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:
    This has been added with a TBD date. (Dammit, another Eagle...) This had better not be the same as the one in the Pride of Two Nations set. That already had a established mintage. (Maybe it'll be an S-Mint.)

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof,

Someone needs to reign Ryder in. He's getting stupid.

Still no details on the web page, but it's an S-Mint (per the FedReg):
    American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (S)
    Price has been set at $65.95.

• Options

Yeah, a little sparse on the details

• Options

When (what decade) are the new Ag/Au coins with anti-CF supposed to be fielded?

• Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

Anyone set an Over/Under?
    I'd guess 100k mintage & 1 per HH.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    When (what decade) are the new Ag/Au coins with anti-CF supposed to be fielded?

Depends on how far they want to go in the redesign.

So long as they keep a Liberty obverse and a Eagle reverse, they're free to redesign the coin. All the other requirements like the 30 year law (I'm pretty sure that's still on the books) have been met. That'll probably be a year from the decision date, if the design timeline that's posted above holds true.

If they want to stray from the Liberty/Eagle motif, then they'll have to get the law changed. That could take a couple of years.

If I was Ryder, I'd wait until 2022, and send the Eagles out with a bang on the 35th anniversary in 2021. I would appreciate it if they don't do another 1ozt AGE reverse proof and keep my 2006 coin unique... :D

Oh, good luck on the counterfeiting stuff. Unless they start embedding an RFID chip (and watch the privacy guys go nuts on that one) or some other tech into the coin, someone will find a way to copy it...

• Options

@nurmaler said:
    Anyone set an Over/Under?
    I'd guess 100k mintage & 1 per HH.

I'd really hope for a 50K mintage, just to throw a bone at the collectors. A HHL of one would be fine. If Ryder's going to make me buy another ASE this year, he could at least make it worth my while... ;)

Reading more into what's not there, the product code of 19XE suggests this is a one-year coin. I'm still wondering why they're doing it. Maybe to make up for forcing me to buy a two $70 Maple Leafs in the Pride set...

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:

@BackroadJunkie said:
    This has been added with a TBD date. (Dammit, another Eagle...) This had better not be the same as the one in the Pride of Two Nations set. That already had a established mintage. (Maybe it'll be an S-Mint.)

It's been given a sale date of November 14, same day as the 5ozt River of No Return ATB puck. But no other information.

I'll start a thread when they populate the web page, or we get more details on the coin.

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

It's been given a sale date of November 14, same day as the 5ozt River of No Return ATB puck. But no other information.

I'll start a thread when they populate the web page, or we get more details on the coin.

I'm thinking of getting a River of No Return just so I can return it...

• Options

A Moneyfactory product has made a late entry onto the 2019 schedule...

Dec 11: $1 Year of the Rat 2020 (B15055)

No other details at this time, but these are typically $5.95, have a S/N with "8888" in it, and have a product limit of 100K. Last year's issue (the year of the pig), has quietly sold out...

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

Did you get one?

They surprisingly went unavailable late last month. I've seen posts of people having to resort to early morning sales to get one...

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

Did you get one?

They surprisingly went unavailable late last month. I've seen posts of people having to resort to early morning sales to get one...

I got one...and returned it. ;)

It was just a joke. I don't bother with the pucks, usually.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file