Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who here, if went missing, you would miss?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Elmhurst said:
    Are we given any explanation as to why the banned members were banned ?

A longstanding instigator who regularly abused the disagree button drew them into a contentious thread and all of them got banned.

• Options
    tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

me

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Elmhurst said:
    Are we given any explanation as to why the banned members were banned ?

I've always have wondered the same. Maybe a brief explanation
    and offending post (s).

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,888 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a rash decision hastily made over a childish conflict.

There was an antagonist. And a few unfortunate souls who took the bait.

PM heatherboyd and let her know you want our veterans back.
    Lance.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

They ARE coming back after the trial period <3

@lkeigwin said:

Lance.

• Options

Ms. Boyd WILL do the right thing ...... you'll see <3

@lkeigwin said:
    I hope so too. I would like to know when.

Our banned brethren were given no notice, no warning, no explanation, no timeframe for (or promise of) their return. They were just zapped. Gone. "We don't want you...you don't matter".

There's a place for bamming. A reason most of us get. This was just shameful.
    Lance.

• Options

I am still shocked that one slippery character could take down so many good members.

I can't wait for their return. We should plan a party! :p

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss all of those banned except the perp......oil of olay

Please let them back in NOW.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

We could do a forum hunger strike in protest but most of you guys couldn't make it past the midnight snack.

A posting strike might be an idea.

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2018 12:10AM

@JBK said:

I am still shocked that one slippery character could take down so many good members.

I can't wait for their return. We should plan a party! :p

Great idea

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    We could do a forum hunger strike in protest but most of you guys couldn't make it past the midnight snack.

Let's not get carried away! :o:#:D

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@abcde12345 said:
    Your favorite posters and contributors if they stopped posting for a period of time you would miss. For me, the wheelchair guy. Love his take on coins and personalities. I don't always agree with him yet he gives me pause and has me thinking more times than not.

Wheelchair Guy? That had me laughing!!! Of course we miss @Insider2, but he'll be back. Remember, he's the one who originally started this query. Everyone here makes the forum what it is with daily comments and disputes and photos...

Back to "wheelchair guy"......do we all have nicknames? Who can make a list of our crazy nicknames that most of us would recognize? Who would I be, Worn Buffalo? Thanks for making me smile Angel Cow~

• Options

@lkeigwin said: @AUandAG @JBK @Paradisefound

Lance.

I am not sure which forum you were looking at with the above comment. These banned members bullied the poster. Every time he posted they flagged him, they started a thread dedicated to publicly shaming him, and then openly encouraged the forum to flag him in the same thread.

Just because someone has a counterpoint, it does not mean they are wrong and should be banned or flagged. As far as flagging them back, good for him, they had it coming to them. In fact, every banned member started the flagging and disagreeing first, why do you think they are all banned. Mr. Oil should be the first one allowed back and hopefully the forum will stop with the bullying behavior of any member who does not follow their personal rules instead of the forum rules.

As far as I am concerned, the members tagged above are still bullying the poster who is now banned.

• Options
    edited October 21, 2018 10:47AM

@zippyzip said:

@lkeigwin said: @AUandAG @JBK @Paradisefound

Lance.

I am not sure which forum you were looking at with the above comment. These banned members bullied the poster. Every time he posted they flagged him, they started a thread dedicated to publicly shaming him, and then openly encouraged the forum to flag him in the same thread.

Just because someone has a counterpoint, it does not mean they are wrong and should be banned or flagged. As far as flagging them back, good for him, they had it coming to them. In fact, every banned member started the flagging and disagreeing first, why do you think they are all banned. Mr. Oil should be the first one allowed back and hopefully the forum will stop with the bullying behavior of any member who does not follow their personal rules instead of the forum rules.

As far as I am concerned, the members tagged above are still bullying the poster who is now banned.

Oil worked hard to earn that reaction. He would hand out disagrees for no discernable reason, and then when the other poster returned the favor Oil would retaliate by leaving literally one thousand disagrees.

But in any case zippyzip, happy to have your alternate take on this matter. You've been a member for two years and today was your first post...... You must have felt strongly about it. ;)

• Options

Make sure not to miss the ballot rather than complaining about the result afterward :/

• Options

@JBK said:

@AUandAG said:
    Oil was a bully. There was only one way to handle him and that was to fight back and let him know you would no longer take his BS.

I wonder if he expected to be banned at some point and set up an alt "just in case."

So let me get this straight. No matter how long someone has been a member here, he or she is an alternate of oilolay if they agree with that poster? Unreal. You all can't help yourselves. You are now bullying me because I happen to believe all the banned members were wrong. I guess I am not alone since the man who runs this company is the one who banned them. I enjoyed the comments from the 4 banned rule breakers. I also enjoyed Oil comments.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@AUandAG said:
    Oil was a bully. There was only one way to handle him and that was to fight back and let him know you would no longer take his BS.

I wonder if he expected to be banned at some point and set up an alt "just in case."

Good point. May have been done before.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WoodenJefferson said:
    I miss Gabe, the Wise Old Bear

I believe it's Abe, and he was a one of a kind..a gem!

• Options

@DeepBlue said:
    Classy act with you avatar @zippyzip NOT

omg, did he rip off insiders wheelchair?

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Better take heed, this thread may lead to
    more "Bammishments"

• Options

@Tibor said:
    Better take heed, this thread may lead to
    more "Bammishments"

Agree. Hopefully none of the fish are hungry (i.e. - don't take the bait).

• Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

Skyman, Cameonut2011

• Options
    knightemknightem Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

Just a thought...
    Could ZippyZip be O2O in disguise?

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cladiator said:

+1

I still have one of MadMarty slabs. Can't remember why or when I purchased it.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss everyone who makes significant comments, contributions and encouragements.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would miss myself

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are couple glad not here. Won’t name.

Beyond that probly would not notice. I tend to go for quality of posts, topics of interest vs a particular poster.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

The nice kind ones first, then the other folks. Mostly

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am going to keep my mouth shut because that is the best course of action at the moment.

SHEESH!!!!!!

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

TomB and Lord Marcovian.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    MrSliderMrSlider Posts: 142 ✭✭✭

Just started my account after lurking for some time - hoping someday I can contribute enough to be missed. Thank you all for the great content!

https://tinyurl.com/wbuh7ba (Search PCGS on ebay)

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

gee wiz PF..........I feel left out. :'(B)o:)

• Options

I am just calling out those banned members ........ DIMEMAN is always golden to me ;)<3

@DIMEMAN said:

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    I am just calling out those banned members ........ DIMEMAN is always golden to me ;)<3

@DIMEMAN said:

Woo Hoo.........I feel better now. :)B)o:)

• Options

@MrSlider said:
    Just started my account after lurking for some time - hoping someday I can contribute enough to be missed. Thank you all for the great content!

Welcome B)

• Options
    PQueuePQueue Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

tonedgold

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is amazing how quickly one comes to know and enjoy the unique contributions of our various members.

I would love someday to be so knowledgable as to be potentially missed. And in the meantime I see all of you as my professors and fellow students -and friends.

• Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

I would certainly miss myself. Gee, it breaks my heart even thinking about it.

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss Sports Moderator.
    I actually got a little tongue lashing via PM from SM years ago for nothing even close that has gone on here recently.
    It got out of control and I for one did not like it one bit! :#

• Options
    edited October 27, 2018 3:32PM

I forgot to post Sports Moderator's avitar......

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

That one guy who posts the stuff about things.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tradedollarnut provides great insight into the 7 figure market. While I don't play in that sandbox, I really appreciate his take on the play-by-play.
    And yes "The Wheelchair guy" @Insider2 dispenses what seems to be decades of proven knowledge here for all of our benefit if you are willing to receive it. The true spirit of this forum, IMO.

• Options

Okee dokee, I have two more.
    I think mrhalfdime is still present on these forums but I still miss his posts because MHD knows coins and he just doesn't post enough...AND quarternut has been absent since forever?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file