Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who here, if went missing, you would miss?

abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your favorite posters and contributors if they stopped posting for a period of time you would miss. For me, the wheelchair guy. Love his take on coins and personalities. I don't always agree with him yet he gives me pause and has me thinking more times than not.

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2018 6:49PM

Well if I went missing I'd be a little concerned myself.

As for other posters, not to name names for fear of leaving anyone out, but I'd miss the expert posters.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

"the wheelchair guy" :D@Insider2
    I'd miss his postings here as well.
    But also @ricko, @crazyhounddog, @RogerB and others I can't think of at the moment.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    KindaNewishKindaNewish Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭

RogerB

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@abcde12345 said:
    For me, the wheelchair guy.

"Ironsides"?

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2018 8:09PM

Loaded question. But for now, I'll say this. I'd miss you abcdefgh12345. You went away for quite some time. Then you came back. I missed you while you were gone. Even though you're a no good low down dirty skunk! You're o.k. in my book!

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would post this if that tells you anything:

:D

There are many that I would miss, but really like ricko, wabbit2313, 1630boston, lordmarcovan, aethelred, weiss, savoyspecial, Fred Weinberg, insider2, and many more. This place has a lot of awesome members.

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

I would miss everyone who cares about the coins more than profit. I want to learn something, not hear about how much you can sell it for.

When I took a sabbatical from the forum I didn't realize how much I missed it until I came back.

While there are far too many people to name them all, I have to say I really appreciate the humor of @2sides2acoin and I miss Larry of @SeaEagleCoins who passed away more than a few years ago now. I only met him in person once, at my very first coin show, but some of what he taught me that day still resonates with me...I wish I had taken notes on paper.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bongo...

oh!

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

All that matter, everyone matters.

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss Crypto79

• Options

Anybody remember Joelton? He was a troll. But a funny one. I miss him.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Topstuf.

He brings wit and humor to the forum.

• Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭

RYK had some nice coins and great knowledge.

Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would greatly miss myself.

Then there is......

oh, never mind
    :)

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Topstuf.

He brings wit and humor to the forum.

Oh shut up! :#

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Far too many to list - it's kind of like a spiderweb, break a strand or two, no biggie. Break too many and you start to notice. It seems like for everyone that goes missing, somebody comes in from out of the blue with a cool intro post or something else worthy.

A good test for yourself would be to take a long break. Then come back and check if anyone asked about you. If not, then consider it that you weren't missed. ;):D:D

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would miss the forum more than the forum would miss me.....My daily inoculation of numismatics... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    I would miss the forum more than the forum would miss me.....My daily inoculation of numismatics... ;) Cheers, RickO

Doesn't work, does it? You still have the sickness. :p

• Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still have the sickness too. I went AWOL for a while and nobody missed me. Snif..... :'(:p

Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options

@Sonorandesertrat said:
    I still have the sickness too. I went AWOL for a while and nobody missed me. Snif..... :'(:p

Hey, we needed time to grieve.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

I come here to get away from loved ones. Who'd have dreamt you all became my loved ones ?

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish coinguy1 would post here again. His posts were well thought out and knowledgeable. I think he posts across the street, but I very rarely check out what's happening there.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gtstang said:
    I wish coinguy1 would post here again. His posts were well thought out and knowledgeable. I think he posts across the street, but I very rarely check out what's happening there.

Someone called ATS "sleepy hollow." Things move more slowly over there than ever. I doubt that coinguy1 has posted very much over there.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

@gtstang said:

Someone called ATS "sleepy hollow." Things move more slowly over there than ever. I doubt that coinguy1 has posted very much over there.

Bill--Coinguy1 is Mark Feld.

He still posts ATS quite frequently.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

@gtstang said:

I honestly forgot they were still there. I used to be more active there then here

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@BillJones said:

@gtstang said:

I honestly forgot they were still there. I used to be more active there then here

m

So was I. One problem is I can't figure out how post more than one picture per post. They gave me an answer about how to do it, but I got lost after the tenth step in the process. :|

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@Walkerfan said:

@BillJones said:

@gtstang said:

I forgot that was his name over there, but seriously there are so few posts over there, you can not respond too often unless it's to yourself. It's really quiet there.

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

Miss Mike Hayes, my Florida buddy. He was a prolific poster, and a great gentleman. Pure class.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would miss everyone that posted here. :smile:
    If not for all of you I would be talking to myself, and worse.....listening to myself. :smile:
    There are a lot of great posters here and a lot of
    different opinions that we can learn from :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd miss you all equally.

Don't go nowhere k?

<3

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

@Justacommeman said:

@BillJones said:

@gtstang said:

m

So was I. One problem is I can't figure out how post more than one picture per post. They gave me an answer about how to do it, but I got lost after the tenth step in the process. :|

It's easy Bill. You just click on the icon again and go grab another pic....repeat until you have all pics in that you want. When you are all done hit post comment.

• Options
    crump41crump41 Posts: 119 ✭✭✭

Is Roadrunner still around?

• Options

@BillJones said:

@gtstang said:

Maybe he hypothetically posts here.

• Options

@Walkerfan said:

@BillJones said:

@gtstang said:

I just checked over there. Mark is using his name now, not "Coin Guy one."

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, now that site has six visits today. :)

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WoodenJefferson said:
    I miss Gabe, the Wise Old Bear

Uh, that was "Abe". ;)

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@topstuf said:

@PerryHall said:
    Too many to list: BillJones, CaptHenway, RogerB, Weiss, TDN, Coinstartled, Topstuff, Ricko, etc. etc. etc.

Thanks for SIXTH spot. :#

Least you made the short list.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    ElmhurstElmhurst Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

Are we given any explanation as to why the banned members were banned ?

• Options

Aspie Rocco. I think he gives more thought and consideration to his posts than most anyone else here on the forum. He was gone for quite a while. Now he's back. I hope he stays. His posts, I think, are aimed at the common guy. The average collector. The Everyman.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@abcde12345 said:
    For me, the wheelchair guy.

"Ironsides"?

No...........You must mean Ironhead2? :p

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@topstuf said:

@PerryHall said:
    Too many to list: BillJones, CaptHenway, RogerB, Weiss, TDN, Coinstartled, Topstuff, Ricko, etc. etc. etc.

Thanks for SIXTH spot. :#

*seventh!

:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file