Home Precious Metals

Safe deposit boxes not so safe?

derrybderryb Posts: 36,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 26, 2018 4:43PM in Precious Metals

Apparently so at Bank of America

"Susan Nomi said that when she went to open the Bank of America safe deposit box she had for 16 years, the entire box had vanished. The safe is where she kept her family’s jewelry and her dad’s coin collection. Bank of America - which was custodian of the safety box - couldn't explain where her valuables went: “They don’t have an answer. They don’t have an answer. They say thanks for letting us know,” Nomi said. Making matters worse for the infuriated woman, she herself was a retired Bank of America employee of 40 years; and she’s not alone. Others have complained that Bank of America drilled their safe deposit boxes without permission or notice."

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Comments

• CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Don't they have cameras inside the vault where the safety deposit boxes are located? More importantly is Bank of America liable?

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

This is getting out of control, once is a mistake maybe. But on going is unthinkable.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG !!! :s

Timbuk3
  • dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

If you don't pay your yearly fee for the box or if you pay late, you might get your box drilled.

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2018 8:12PM

@dtkk49a said:
    If you don't pay your yearly fee for the box or if you pay late, you might get your box drilled.

10 4..... Just like not paying for your car, gets it repossessed.
    Another partial correct story w/o all the details.....not surprising however, coming from zerohedge. :p

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2018 5:57PM

@OPA said:

Another partial correct story w/o all the details.....not surprising however, coming from zerohedge. :p

Story actually originated at one of those "independent and objective" 100% trustworthy US news sites

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:

@dtkk49a said:

This.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

While these are apparently rare cases, it does make one wonder about security. And once the contents are gone, any recompense cannot replace memorabilia. Cheers, RickO

@ricko said:
    While these are apparently rare cases, it does make one wonder about security.

No it doesn't.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it does.... Perhaps not you, but then, there are those who do not question the myth of Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.... The unquestioning naivete of the unschooled becomes the lamentations of the victimized. Cheers, RickO

• NIPSZXNIPSZX Posts: 79 ✭✭

@OPA said:

@dtkk49a said:

I specialize in data digging and, according to my decade of research, ZeroHedge is rated the worst fake news written in the English language!

keep digging.

• ranshdowranshdow Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭

Based on the way my laptops act when I view ZH pages, I suspect they or their ads try to use my CPUs to mine cryptocurrencies

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NIPSZX said: I specialize in data digging and, according to my decade of research, ZeroHedge is rated the worst fake news written in the English language!

Read "1984" and then get back to us after you watch any of the mainstream TV networks for about 30 seconds.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:
    @NIPSZX said: I specialize in data digging and, according to my decade of research, ZeroHedge is rated the worst fake news written in the English language!

Read "1984" and then get back to us after you watch any of the mainstream TV networks for about 30 seconds.

So are you saying ZH is more reliable than the nightly news?

I'm still waiting for someone to expose the ZH lies.

@derryb said:
    I'm still waiting for someone to expose the ZH lies.

I'm still waiting for some ZH truths.

@cohodk said:

Here Ya go

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

Here Ya go

I'm still looking for some ZH truths.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    I hate BOA already! :rage:

ive hated them for 37 years now. and i dont like to use that word :(

edited August 8, 2018 2:20PM

@cohodk said:

Provided in the eighth post. Your turn, show us the ZH lies.

edited August 8, 2018 2:33PM

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

That's a regurgitation of someone else's reporting.

Lots of analysis on the interweb of ZH credibility. Google it.

Also lots of sourced articles from RT.com and authors with Russian last names

If you follow ZH as a source of credible news then you are an idiot, imbicile, moron and nincompoop.

Besides, you already posted a link to the lies.

edited August 8, 2018 6:24PM

@cohodk said:

"All Russians lie, all Americans tell truth." Sounds almost racist. You've been brainwashed.

But buying Chinese gadgets is OK, long as they're cheaper?

You should consider the possibility that your good ole US of A news sources just might have been compromised. . . after all look at how they've narrowed your view and convinced you to beware the boogeyman.

edited August 9, 2018 5:49AM

they've narrowed your view and convinced you to beware the boogeyman

Dude!...this is you!!

Such a wonderful psychological study you are derryb. Thank you.

I'm saying that the mainstream media, TV networks make me sick. It's common practice for each of them to editorialize heavily during the "news" presentation and most of the time the editorializing amounts to demonizing.

How many of their news anchors have been dismissed after disgracing themselves by having been proven to have fabricated their stories - at least 4 or 5 that I can count offhand.

At least when ZH uses sarcasm, it's detectable.

Now, we have the banning and removal of conservative commentary from the Web. Don't applaud too loudly, it's not over yet.

I knew it would happen.
    edited August 9, 2018 7:32AM

Now, we have the banning and removal of conservative commentary from the Web. Don't applaud too loudly, it's not over yet.

Claiming the Sandy Hook school shooting is a hoax is your idea of conservative commentary?,!! Then you're a sick bastard too!!

edited August 9, 2018 6:45AM

"The boogeyman did it. Give us more of your money and more of your personal freedom to fight him. Send us your sons and daughters to take the fight to him."

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you like your safe deposit box, you can keep your safe deposit box.
    If you would like to set up a gold IRA where a depository holds it, PM me for details. I'm also an agent. ( no, not a secret one)

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

If you follow ZH as a source of credible news then you are an idiot, imbicile, moron and nincompoop.

Hold on a second , you are buying into all this phony Russia bullshit? :D

edited August 9, 2018 12:50PM

@cohodk said: Claiming the Sandy Hook school shooting is a hoax is your idea of conservative commentary?,!! Then you're a sick bastard too!!

Please direct me to the post where I made that statement. Aside from the uncalled-for ad hominim attack and name-calling, I don't appreciate you putting words into my mouth - that's pretty unethical.

I knew it would happen.
    edited August 9, 2018 2:41PM

@jmski52 said:
    @cohodk said: Claiming the Sandy Hook school shooting is a hoax is your idea of conservative commentary?,!! Then you're a sick bastard too!!

Please direct me to the post where I made that statement. Aside from the uncalled-for ad hominim attack and name-calling, I don't appreciate you putting words into my mouth - that's pretty unethical.

if you have ever read the site then you must agree with everything on it? RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA !!!! :D:D:D:D

edited August 10, 2018 5:28AM

I really don't give a flying f what you think. If you condone the speech of a sick twisted idiot then you are the same. You've allowed them to control you. Yeah, derryb, jmski, et al, the boogeyman got you.

You call me unethical yet bemoan the removal of your twisted and sick "conservative commentaror"? Talk about ignorant hypocrisy!!

@bronco2078 said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

Hold on a second , you are buying into all this phony Russia bullshit? :D

I couldn't care less about the Muller investigation.

edited August 11, 2018 6:49AM

@cohodk said: You call me unethical yet bemoan the removal of your twisted and sick "conservative commentaror"? Talk about ignorant hypocrisy!!

Be specific. Exactly what did I say? I never mentioned Sandy Hook or anyone connected to it. Twitter, Facebook and Google are all in the process of shadow-banning conservative talk and conservative commentators. This is well documented.

The alleged shooter is the sick and twisted little freak in this scenario, and not someone who questions an investigation that is full, I mean full of redactions.

When you think it's good to erase a commentator that you find objectionable, you're advocating the very thing that was done in Germany in the 1930's and in the USSR and East Germany for decades. And in China, today - with Google's and Facebook's full cooperation.

Lastly, namecalling and personal insults don't belong in this discussion. Period.

I knew it would happen.
    edited August 11, 2018 8:18AM

You labeling someone who belittled that heinous act as a "conservative"?
    That is not my idea of conservative and certainly would not be considered so by the Founding Fathers. And not only should he be censored, but he should be skinned alive, eviscerated and asphyxiated via the tail end of his colon. And if you we were face to face I would tell you a hell of a lot more.

In my opinion, your support of this individual is equally heinous.

You really pissed me off by your condemning of the removal of this individual and the agenda he pushes from a few platforms. A true conservative would strike down such hateful and fearful speech, while a liberal would allow it. Analyze yourself.

you're advocating the very thing that was done in Germany in the 1930's
    How did that uncensored "conservative speech" turn out?

I have no further comment on this topic.

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Rule of Law as specified by the consent of the governed we've determined to be sacrosanct, since we haven't figured out any other way to keep people from seizing and imposing arbitrary power. Yet it's problematic, as jmski52 and cohudk implicitly point out here.

On the one hand, making exception to free speech because it's "hate speech" seems like common sense, but then we're left with the problem of defining "hate speech" in a way that can be concretely, universally and dispassionately applied, as a "law" by its very nature and definition, requires. We've got many places in the world today with laws in place intended to stop what is considered socially disruptive speech, but it is often vaguely defined ("libelous" statements, "disruption of the social order" statements, etc.), where the enforcement is left to the arbitrary moods, sentiments and pressures imposed about whoever is doing the "judging." The concept of outlawing "hate speech" is perilously close to being in that category, and at its extreme application, can lead to arbitrary repression in the service of those in power, as was true in the Soviet Union.

On the other hand, given absolute free rein to speech can indeed be divisive and endangering, and has required some restraint even in this country (e.g., Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes' famous example of "falsely yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater"). Unrestrained speech can undermine democracies as well as dictatorships.

The point is that both jmski52 and cohudk are right to advise against the absolutist applications of the principles of free speech and public order.

We've relied on the Separation of Powers in a representative government as a way to moderate and correct against these absolutist applications over time, when we've gone too far in one direction or the other. It's an unwieldy system, but better than humankind has contrived otherwise.

edited August 11, 2018 7:05PM

liberals will always tell others what's best for them even when it shouldn't apply to the liberals.

• NIPSZXNIPSZX Posts: 79 ✭✭

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

ZeroHedge's lie to truth ratio is 1,561,377 : 1

ZeroHedge is the worst news written in the English language

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NIPSZX said:

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

ZeroHedge's lie to truth ratio is 1,561,377 : 1

ZeroHedge is the worst news written in the English language

divecchia disagrees with your assessment, but does not follow up with a comment as to why.

Not so sure of your statement re: worst news written in the English language, but I do agree, that they are a tabloid and should be "taken with a grain of salt."

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

@derryb said: Your turn, show us the ZH lies.

What is always interesting is that the rebuttals never include any specifics.

I knew it would happen.

Zerohedge is just an aggregator they don't do any original reporting . Just link stories from other sites and have a comments section.

I look at it I see crazy stuff and stuff that makes sense also. I'm enjoying their constant attacks on Tesla and Elon Musk , when they start talking about 911 being a false flag I click over to something else.

Whats the alternative? CNN ? I saw some CNN at the gym , They are telling me Omarosa is the next mother Theresa and we really need to listen to her. The woman is an idiot , but since they discovered that for a week they can use her to club the donald over the head shes on 24/7 . Wall to wall omarosa its riveting

If I want news TV will never be the answer. Even local news , if I want the damn weather for today the TV dribbles the forecast out over 90 minutes to get you to watch 27 commercials . The same with rush hour traffic. I am not waiting for a word from the sponsors I need to know what road to avoid .

I mean I get it , the tv stations are dying and thats why 23 minutes of every hour is commercials but I can just click on a web page find what I need and I'm out the door.

TV has probably never had real unbiased news because honestly, if the company that sponsors your show has a chemical spill and poisons a bunch of wells they can't tell you about it because part of their income stream will go away. Plus the whole if it bleeds it leads thing. Whenever some bridge collapses they are going to be so happy to get the first camera pointed at the dead and dying . They always swoop in and have to be first on scene and report a bunch of stuff that is later proved to be wrong and they never seem to correct any of the errors.

edited August 16, 2018 3:49AM

There is network money involved in the brigade banning by various social media platforms, and I found an excellent analysis of what's going on by a techie on utube today. Search http://jaysanalysis.com/ or find him on utube as Styxhexenhammer666 - yeah, he's a techie but he's pretty lucid.

My original comments were directed at the shadow banning of people like Milo Yianopolous, Jordan Peterson and Laura Ingraham. There are many others.

The recent banning of Infowars isn't even what I was describing in my original comments when I was attacked for something I never said, but Infowars is the lightning rod at the moment for the obvious reason that they go over the line as provocateurs in order to generate a debate (and more followers, just like CNN et al - only more successfully).

The network reporting on any of these shooting tragedies has nothing to do with empathy for the victims, and anyone who thinks that is simply lapping up the propaganda narrative that each of these disgusting organizations wants to project onto the public, instead of simply reporting the facts.

Trump is pretty funny every time he points out the ratings of the dying networks.

I knew it would happen.
    edited August 16, 2018 2:49AM

• Jim2359Jim2359 Posts: 281 ✭✭

@jmski52 said:

I'm saying that the mainstream media, TV networks make me sick. It's common practice for each of them to editorialize heavily during the "news" presentation and most of the time the editorializing amounts to demonizing.

How many of their news anchors have been dismissed after disgracing themselves by having been proven to have fabricated their stories - at least 4 or 5 that I can count offhand.

Maybe move to Russia, They will have news you enjoy there.

@derryb said:
    liberals will always tell others what's best for them even when it shouldn't apply to the liberals.

Kinda what your doing?

@Jim2359 said:

@jmski52 said:

Maybe move to Russia, They will have news you enjoy there.

RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA :D another MSNBC fan

edited August 16, 2018 8:41AM

@Jim2359 said: Maybe move to Russia, They will have news you enjoy there.

How would you know what news I'd enjoy? It sure wouldn't be CNN - well, mainly because CNN doesn't report news.

I knew it would happen.

@Jim2359 said:

@derryb said:

Kinda what your doing?

I share what I think is best for me. Feel free to disregard.

@jmski52 said:
    @Jim2359 said: Maybe move to Russia, They will have news you enjoy there.

How would you know what news I'd enjoy? It sure wouldn't be CNN - well, mainly because CNN doesn't report news.

CNN doesnt report in Russia. You are right but I think FOX is there. Im sure you would be happy