Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Winners are picked...... 3 COMPLETE SETS of McDonald tokens GIVE AWAYs

Comments

• Options
    ParlousJoeParlousJoe Posts: 451 ✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2018 6:46PM

I have a 1988-1998

Thank you for the opportunity to win the Tokens that we need Paradisefound, we greatly appreciate it.

Sorry Paradisefound, I just edited the year of coin that I have, I thought that it was the 1978-1988 but it's actually a 1988-1998 Token that I have.

Again, thank you very much for the opportunity to put a complete set together if won.

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have none. I enjoy a Big Mac very occasionally. I'm not drawn to fast food, usually.

I do love Polynesian cuisine, however. Lomilomi salmon, chicken long rice, kalua pork. Sadly, I've never gotten a token with my Laulau.
    Lance.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

You made me HUNGRY !

@lkeigwin said:

.......I do love Polynesian cuisine, however. Lomilomi salmon, chicken long rice, kalua pork. Sadly, I've never gotten a token with my Laulau.

Lance.

• Options
    edited August 8, 2018 9:15PM

Laulau <3B)

Wrapped by Ti leaves steamed.... taro leaves around pork & white fish

• Options
    edited August 8, 2018 9:18PM

Lomi lomi salmon <3 *salted raw salmon with Maui onion B)

NO TOKENS here ;)

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not get any mcd coins but I did pick this up as I am a avid monopoly player.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302809077880

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options

Nice pewter piece....no calories ;)
    Your name is in the bucket too....

@bidask said:
    I did not get any mcd coins but I did pick this up as I am a avid monopoly player.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/302809077880

• Options
    tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

I have a 1988-1998 to contribute, and need a 1968-1978 to complete my set!

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have any as I have trouble eating McD "burgers". If they gave them out for eating their fresh French fries, I could be down with that, but I just can't, literally, "stomach" their burgers...not even the new "fresh beef" ones...

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound I have none in my possession. Btw I'm also in hawaii

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have none, thanks for the chance.

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea I went to McD's yesterday just to get one and they told me they stopped giving them out.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised that these tokens are running out so quickly. Many of you are finding them gone already. I suppose if they are spreading them out throughout the world, that spreads them out pretty thin and there won't be many complete sets, at least in perfect condition. I know it seems ridiculous to some, but this could be the sleeper hit of the year!!!!

• Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭

I only have one but that is good enuff for me

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    I'm surprised that these tokens are running out so quickly. Many of you are finding them gone already. I suppose if they are spreading them out throughout the world, that spreads them out pretty thin and there won't be many complete sets, at least in perfect condition. I know it seems ridiculous to some, but this could be the sleeper hit of the year!!!!

I did the math someplace else in this morass of posts (or at least I think I posted it...)

6.2 million coins tokens were struck.
    According to Coin Token World, 14,000 restaurants were participating. (I wonder if a franchise store could opt out. And giveaways like this might be illegal in some areas.)

That's 440 Brass Macs per store, or 88 sets. So yeah, I think McDonald's knew it was going to be a short promotion that would get a lot of word of mouth, considering how it was only advertised on social media. (That I've seen...)

Given some are reporting stores got allocated 250, some stores may have been allocated a lot more. (I wonder if they got allocated by the number of Big Macs sold in an area. I'm sure ultra-high volume stores (like in major metro downtown areas) got more,

Since I'm wasting time while some file copies are done, let me say this was a brilliant of McDonald's to give out something more substantial than a coupon or just a plain discount. They may have been more expensive, but I'll bet a lot more people are going to throw these in that sock drawer that has concert ticket stubs, vacation memorabilia and that Sacabuck you got in change once. That means McDonald's not only doesn't have to pay out the sandwich, but becomes part of your personal possessions that you won't throw away.

I'd like to see the daily sales of Big macs from July 26 to present. The increase in sales from Aug 2 would be how this promotion affected sales. Got me to spend money there...

• Options
    radiomanradioman Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

I didn't get any, by the time I went on Saturday they were all gone :(

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sad, I have none

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was out of the country when the tokens were released so I also have none as they are now long gone from my local McD's. Appreciate the chance!

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • Options

Welcome home to a NADA group ;) You are in B)

@EXOJUNKIE said:
    I was out of the country when the tokens were released so I also have none as they are now long gone from my local McD's. Appreciate the chance!

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭

I haven't see any promotions here or coins. NADA.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nada here also.

• Options
    rlawsharlawsha Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Local Mickey D's totally out before I got there.

• Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our local McDonalds is currently demolished and a new one is being built. I don't have any yet. I will have to wait until next month...or travel.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CommemKing said:
    Our local McDonalds is currently demolished and a new one is being built. I don't have any yet. I will have to wait until next month...or travel.

I'd suggest you travel. There wont be any of them anywhere by next month.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2018 2:24PM

These five tokens have "names" for each decade's design. What are they?

1. 19681-78 "Flower Power?"
    2. 1978 - 88 "Music?"
    3. 1988 - 98 "Abstract Art?"
    4. 1998 - 08 "????"
    5. 2008 - 18 "Internet Communication?"
  • Options

I wasn't aware they had names, but from the McD website:

MacCoin celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Big Mac. The MacCoin highlights:
    •The ‘70s, showcasing the decade’s flower power
    •The ‘80s alluding to pop art
    •The ‘90s defined with bold, abstract shapes
    •The early ‘00s specifically focusing on the technology that was at the forefront of the turn of the century
    •The ‘10s MacCoin calling attention to the evolution of communication

• Options

I also noticed some text that might explain the discrepancy some have found when trying to do the math on how many were issued per store.

What has been reported: 6.2 million tokens issued, 14,000 locations in the US.
    Anecdotal reports from local McD's: either 225 or 250 (makes more sense with 5 designs) per store.

The math does not add up, BUT it was also announced that these would be distributed in 50 countries, so that 6.2 million also needs to be allocated among those outlets as well.

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:

If you willing to share yours with your colleagues in CU ...enable them to complete his / her set; POST what you currently have....and I'll place your name in the bucket for the first 2 sets

Yes, please place my name in the bucket. I've got one and willing to share.

And thanks Paradisefound for the contest! Hopefully the logistics aren't too onerous for you.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    edited August 9, 2018 2:57PM

She is going to send them out by coconut mail - seal them inside a coconut shell, carve the address on the outside, and throw it into the Pacific. Please allow a delivery time of a week to 100 years. ;):p

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please enter me in the NADA catagory as I have no Big Mac Coins to share and my digestive system will not survive a BIG MAC.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have nada.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    hutze1nmhutze1nm Posts: 235 ✭✭✭

I have none currently :(

Things I like to do: Collect PL Morgans. That’s is all.
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2018 5:36PM

It's a piece of cake my friend....You'll see ;)

@COCollector said:

And thanks Paradisefound for the contest! Hopefully the logistics aren't too onerous for you

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool of her I'm good but here is a bump to the top.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went on Sunday and they were out so put me in the NADA camp as well :smile:

• Options
    JcldJcld Posts: 449 ✭✭✭

i missed the boat and have only been able to get my hands on the 1978 one so far. I went to 5 places today but most are sold out. Bonus, I didn't have to buy a Big Mac to get the one I have

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now you can put me in the "SHARE" group.

I just won "The Snowflake" edition on eBay.

(2008 - 2018) Token

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

I missed out here. Please enter me in your most generous offering. I may ask my friends if they have any and are willing to part with some. I in turn could contribute those single's towards someone else completing their set.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    1TwoBits1TwoBits Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

I got the 1988-1998 on the first day. Went back to get another a day or two later. The person taking the order said they had them, so I ordered two. When I picked up the order, I asked where the tokens were. This person said they didn't have any left, and spoke to the person that took my order. I returned both big macs. Thye said the store only got 50 tokens. Would be nice to have a full set.

1TwoBits

Searching for bust quarters.....counterstamps, errors, and AU-MS varieties, please let me know if you can help.
  • Options

I am sorry it happened to you ...long live the principle. You are in.

I got the 1988-1998 on the first day. Went back to get another a day or two later. The person taking the order said they had them, so I ordered two. When I picked up the order, I asked where the tokens were. This person said they didn't have any left, and spoke to the person that took my order. I returned both big macs. Thye said the store only got 50 tokens. Would be nice to have a full set.

1TwoBits

• Options
    shinywhiteshinywhite Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

I have one I can give. The 78-88
    I only have 2 but they are the same date so one is available! Trying to get some more today. Seems they still have tokens in-store but arent allowed to pass them out in some stores.

• Options
    edited August 10, 2018 8:16PM

Ee i ee i o

All locations on the island of Maui are already out of stock.
    The priceless parcel will arrive by Tue and we'll draw on WED 8/15 B)

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    These five tokens have "names" for each decade's design. What are they?

1. 19681-78 "Flower Power?"
    2. 1978 - 88 "Music?"
    3. 1988 - 98 "Abstract Art?"
    4. 1998 - 08 "????"
    5. 2008 - 18 "Internet Communication?"

2 is bull market/ stock rally

4 is high tech

(clouds/sky and technology)

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t have any :(

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

...sounds & looks right

• Options

You are part of the majority NADA group :)B)

@crazyhounddog said:

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    You are part of the majority NADA group :)B)

@crazyhounddog said:

At least I’m in a group :)

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just got the very last Big Mac token from my local location today. It was the 1978-1988. So now I have (2) 1968-1978 and (2) 1978-1988 to contribute.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have nada thanks for the chance

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a couple the same - pretty sure they are 2008-2018 (have to grab them out of my work truck next week)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file