Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Winners are picked...... 3 COMPLETE SETS of McDonald tokens GIVE AWAYs

Comments

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2018 7:31PM

Enter for the fun of it <3 3 days to go before drawing.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

i have one and thanks for the chance

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry, but my McDonald's was out whenever I went to get one. :(

Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    PlatinumDuckPlatinumDuck Posts: 470 ✭✭✭

I have none. Thanks for the chance. I appreciate it!

Great Deals Buying and Selling: Metalsman, BobSav, Rick300, endzone, Swampboy, somecoins, Musca, commoncents05, Refrema, tonyhar, joebb21, kalshacon, JeremyDie1, percyb, scrapman1077, indiananationals, wondercoin, pragmaticgoat, tonedSilver, theboz11, Timbuk3, bigmarty58, HCumberdale, jp84, OnlyGoldIsMoney, UNLVino, coinguy1989, drewsef, coindeuce, pjcoins, giorgio11, Sullykerry52, KollectorKing, privatecoin, jclovescoins, Smittys, bronco2078, ajaan, jdmern, bidask, jrt103, CoinPhysicist, bigjpst, OKCC, Skanderbeg, pruebas, dizzlecc, MasonG, spummybum, SurfinxHI, snowequities

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just need 5 more, then I'll have a full set. Thanks for the opportunity!

• Options

Which one Johnny ?

@johnny9434 said:

• Options

@JBK
    @Insider2

Please clarify if you wished to be in the bucket by posting comments? <3

• Options

@davewesen
    @jwitten
    I need to know which ones you already have to barter? :)

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I win I'll drop them in the salvation army kettle. They should be worth more than gold by December.

• Options

@GRANDAM
    @Coinstartled

You are so very funny....see them for retail value...BTW should I rescind my offer? >:)

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    If I win I'll drop them in the salvation army kettle. They should be worth more than gold by December.

after new years, they won't even be worth a Big Mac

I confirmed the 2 I have are 2008-2018

• Options
    edited August 13, 2018 9:50PM

Someone will be happy no matter <3

@Coinstartled said:

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    @davewesen
    @jwitten

I have all 5, so I will probably keep one of the 5 if I win, and give away the other 4. I will probably keep the one that appears to be the key, so whoever I send the other 4 to can have fun hunting ;)

• Options

...so which one you're missing? I am trying to see how the logistic be if ones goes back and forth.....

@jwitten said:

@Paradisefound said:
    @davewesen
    @jwitten

I have all 5, so I will probably keep one of the 5 if I win, and give away the other 4. I will probably keep the one that appears to be the key, so whoever I send the other 4 to can have fun hunting ;)

• Options

@jwitten
    I mean if you win....I would send you one to complete and the other 4 as part of the winning set be distributed to others to complete theirs. :s:#:D
    I think I got myself in a good jam with such a complexity ;)

• Options

@Paradisefound said:
    ...so which one you're missing? I am trying to see how the logistic be if ones goes back and forth.....

@jwitten said:

@Paradisefound said:
    @davewesen
    @jwitten

Sorry, my response was confusing. I will keep my original 5, PLUS keep one of the 5 I win (whichever is the key date). That way I can display 6 coins total... to show all 5 reverses plus one obverse. This would leave me the other 4 that I won to give out to someone else to start a set for themselves.

• Options

OK OK..... so which one are you missing ?

@jwitten said
    Sorry, my response was confusing. I will keep my original 5, PLUS keep one of the 5 I win (whichever is the key date). That way I can display 6 coins total... to show all 5 reverses plus one obverse. This would leave me the other 4 that I won to give out to someone else to start a set for themselves.

• Options

@jwitten
    I think by now we need to go for 3rd... ;)

• Options

@Paradisefound said:
    OK OK..... so which one are you missing ?

@jwitten said

Lol, I already have all 5 coins. I may have misunderstood the rules. I was saying I have a complete set already, but would like 6 coins total instead of the 5 I already have. Then I could use the other 4 from you to pass along to others. Lol, this is too complicated :D

• Options
    edited August 13, 2018 10:29PM

@jwitten
    For a sake of simplicity ...no punt intended; let me send you my very own 1988 - 1998 :)
    It is yours to keep to display the reverse. Please PM me with your mailing address <3
    ....but please let me know if this is not to your advantage. I am here to PLEASE <3

• Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, here is another for the NADA drawing.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn't there a guy on here back when the 2016-W Gold Centennial Coins came out who was making custom display coin holders for the Centennial sets?

If someone were to make a 6-coin holder with the decades of the coins listed on the holder and a sixth spot to display the other side as some have mentioned I bet he could sell several of them.

Would Capitol Plastics do this?

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

I have none. I forgot about these, and just assumed they were all gone by the time i remembered!

But I’d love to own a set.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    Which one Johnny ?

@johnny9434 said:

hmmm, c**p, now i dont remember, ill check :/ sorry about that

• Options

@GRANDAM said:
    Wasn't there a guy on here back when the 2016-W Gold Centennial Coins came out who was making custom display coin holders for the Centennial sets?

If someone were to make a 6-coin holder with the decades of the coins listed on the holder and a sixth spot to display the other side as some have mentioned I bet he could sell several of them.

Would Capitol Plastics do this?

Found this on instagram. I have no idea where you get these, but they are out there apparently.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

That holder looks nice but I don't think you would to use it for long term storage. The backs would tone and the front would tone only where it touches the folder.

Don't think it would look good toned like that.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have none :(

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

I got a bunch but no #4's. If you could enter me in your drawing please do . But keep everything else and just send me the #4 Token.

• Options

Equal opportunity for all.....
    If you already have a few then the missing one/ones will be sent as your prize to complete yours......so we may have more than 3 winners.
    <3 Lets see how it turn out <3

• Options

LAST CALL B)

• Options
    edited August 15, 2018 8:21PM

BIG POOL .... wouldn't be something if we can all be friends?

GRANDAM Bigbuck1975 mkman FredWeinberg Batman23 Conistartled Jonny9434 EXOJUNKIE Coinpro76 JasonGaming ajaan Insider2 JBK rlawska BackroadJunkie dmwest Toma jtlee321 Onastone CommemKing halfhunter CoinCrazyPA hutze2nm jclovescoins bidask radioman Namvet69 Bochiman Ikeigwin comerlo1 Twokopeiki Jcld PlatinumDuch ilikemosters BLUEJAYWAY cheezhed ElKevvo TurboSnail messydesk crazyhounddog MICHAELDIXON ricko Kkathyl oih82w8 giantsfan20 northcoin heavymetal thebeav DCAM hchcoin

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is really cool coins. Wow did not realize they had so many. I might have to go to McDonalds .

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2018 10:45AM

Another incredible gesture on your part @Paradisefound !

Would you put my name in the bucket, please?

I tried to acquire one/some from the McD's on the turnpike when I went to see my family, but all I got was a dumb look (which are always free!) from the counterperson. So NADA from this forum member.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kkathyl said:
    that is really cool coins. Wow did not realize they had so many. I might have to go to McDonalds .

Sorry @Kkathyl, they are all gone at restaurants.

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud thats alot of Mac'in

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭

Enter me in drawing .

Have none.

Thanks.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2018 2:04PM

I found that my #3.1988 - 98 "Abstract Art" is a poor strike and has a big scratch. :'(

Even if there were still some out there I don't think I can look at another Big Mac for a while.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 1 which is the 2008-2018. I was told vehemently that they are watching for repeat customers as they are only giving away 1 per. I ended up eating 2 Big Macs which brings my lifetime total to about 75,000+ Macs.
    I FREAKIN" LOVE BIG MACS!!!!!!!

Actually the 1 I have is flawless and I would easily grade it as an MS68.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    JcldJcld Posts: 449 ✭✭✭

When is the drawing :)

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I have the 1967-1978 and a 1978-1988. After paying over $20 for these on ebay, I'm giving up on completing the set from there. Don't have any to offer out, but willing to pay a little for the other 3. Lol

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hats off to Paradisefound to coordinate a giveaway that seems to have gotten a little complicated!!!!! It's fun and timing is perfect! I think we're all lucky to have her here on our forum.

• Options

Today 8/15 6pm HST <3

@Jcld said:
    When is the drawing :)

• Options
    edited August 15, 2018 5:38PM

THEY ARE HEEERREEEEEE

Drawing Today 8/15 6PM HST <3

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2018 5:42PM

With all the talk about these things......#1- I had no idea what they looked like and #2- I had no idea that there were five in a set !
    So,this was an educational thread for me !
    Tnx Paradise.......

• Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭

Tried to get one but had no luck. Maybe lucky here. Thanks for the chance. HM

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Drum roll please! Quiet ladies and gentlemen. Our host is ready. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

• Options

B) Are you on the West Coast?

@Namvet69 said:
    Drum roll please! Quiet ladies and gentlemen. Our host is ready. Peace Roy

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Used to live in Marin county in the 70's when it was fun. I live in New Hope Pa. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that's 11 PM for us on the East Coast.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file