Options

Found out this was PMD

mediatechmediatech Posts: 52
edited June 17, 2018 11:36AM in U.S. Coin Forum

D

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks to be that the thin layer of copper peeled back to expose the zinc. It appears raised, so it did not occur prior to striking. Post mint damage. Value, one cent or less (less if the zinc corrodes away before you spend it).

That's the way I see it, anyway...

• Options

Yep, that's what I posted in my original note. You just made it sound a different way :)

• Options
    JcldJcld Posts: 449 ✭✭✭

@mediatech said:
    Yep, that's what I posted in my original note. You just made it sound a different way :)

Except it isn't an error as much as it is just damaged.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would term that anomaly PMD.... not a mint error... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Yes. I already knew that :)

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's pretty common for people here to respond to the OP without reading the full thread.

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

@Azurescens said:
    It's pretty common for people here to respond to the OP without reading the full thread.

Agree

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say PMD.

• Options

@CoinCrazyPA said:

@Azurescens said:

Agree

And someone right after your comment didn't read anything, and just gave his half-cent of wisdom :)

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did the OP read his own discussion title ?
    "Nice error on a 1992-P Lincoln Cent".
    Clearly it's not a lamination it's PMD; and who are you to assume and state on this forum that I didn't read anything and have to make a sarcastic comment ... " and just gave his half-cent of wisdom ".

• Options
    mediatechmediatech Posts: 52
    edited June 17, 2018 11:33AM

I found out how you ignore someone on here. I didn't want to, but.... :(

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got to give it to the poster - creative use of edits. Just another troll.

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    Did the OP read his own discussion title ?
    "Nice error on a 1992-P Lincoln Cent".
    Clearly it's not a lamination it's PMD; and who are you to assume and state on this forum that I didn't read anything and have to make a sarcastic comment ... " and just gave his half-cent of wisdom ".

I said nothing at you man. If you read enough threads you'll see what I mean. There are experts in these fields who don't have time (or need) to read responses as they'll respond to OP. It's a part of the character of the forum.

If you were the leading authority on the matter, why spend your own time (for free) reading dreck? Some of these people spent 40+ years and are legitimate experts. They've no need to read further discourse on the subject at hand.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file