Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Banned Member.

Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone ever look on the member's page to see what discussion or comment got them banned?

Comments

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

YES

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a banned member list?

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

They (PCGS) probably remove the post that caused the ban...would be my guess.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they should post it on Twitter.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

I thought it was you. :p

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

o:)

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still tying to figure out the unanswered list. But no I never looked at it.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

It may not help, if the reason for the banning was enough to get the comment/thread removed.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I the only one who checked their member page to see if they were banned? :o

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    Does anyone ever look on the member's page to see what discussion or comment got them banned?

No.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you know they are banned?

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I look inside genuine holders to see what kept coins from getting graded.
    People are not the focus.

• Options
    1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2018 7:43AM

Ok Christopher you made your choose !

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:
    Got much more important things to do. Like watching LeBron lose again.

Like it’s Lebron’s fault. It’s a miracle Cleveland made it to the finals. Aside from Lebron they’re terrible. Cleveland is going to be the worst team in the NBA next year without Lebron.

You are right!

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2018 8:19PM

@Insider2 said:

@Type2 said:

That's easy. When a member asks a question, he has the option to click "answered" and it shows that his question was answered to their satisfaction. If they don't do that, it remains listed as "unanswered." folks can still post to an "answered" thread.

@PerryHall said:

Am I the only one who checked their member page to see if they were banned?

Nope. When I saw a red banned icon I went to the page. There was a big "Banned" icon and it said the member changed their photo.

@VanHalen said:

There is a red "Banned" icon by their name and a circle with a slash.

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

And then the president can pardon them

m

A <3 regular member posted this humorous reply to a post. Unfortunately, some folks with no sense of humor FLAGGED IT. IMO, this type of response to humor is as bad as a cowardly disagrement, left without a reason that added nothing to a discussion. I wish I were in charge around here because any time my time was taken up to check a nonsense Flag, it would incur a very stern warning to either GET A LIFE or GET OFF THE FORUM!

I voted for Mr. Trump rather than the alternative. He was not my first choice. Nevertheless, I watch SNL and I wish the ENTIRE SHOW was done using the humorous skits about him and everyone around him!

@Boosibri said:

I'm waiting for some "snowflake" sports fan to flag this post too. :(

There is a movie on Netflix that has a parody of his book the art of the deal. I give it about 3 stars out of 5. Ok if you get bored some evening.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

See my post about coins and politics. Some peeps on here have itchy trigger pointers.

Seems like the people change but the "game" remains the same.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:

No.

• Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2018 10:00AM

@1940coupe said:
    As far as politics I wish Avery one would leave there little remarks out ! both sides are dead set on there opinions and this is a coin forum so I come here to learn about coins not read their they think clever little remarks !

No more LOL button for you >:)

C'mon, the North Korean Summit "coin" transcends politics o:)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

who cares

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2018 10:12AM

@Boosibri said:

LeBron you forgot the year of French coin. Is that the 18th century version? I think I have a 1794 one looking now.

• Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't say that I have done that.

@Boosibri You could move out here to the Best Coast and Bay Area. We have basketball teams that win....:)

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2018 10:22AM

@ColonelJessup said:

@1940coupe said:
    As far as politics I wish Avery one would leave there little remarks out ! both sides are dead set on there opinions and this is a coin forum so I come here to learn about coins not read their they think clever little remarks !

No more LOL button for you >:)

C'mon, the North Korean Summit "coin" transcends politics o:)

Yes and the White House Gift Shop now have 3 versions for sale @ $49,00 Get them before they sell out! HOT! HOT! HOT! Now on SALE! Now you can tell the wife I had to buy them they were on sale! Get all 3 versions for $119.97 shipping not included.

https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/product-p/summitcoin.htm
    https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/product-p/summitcoin-2-second.htm
    https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/product-p/summitcoin-3-third.htm

KOREA PEACE TALKS SINGAPORE SUMMIT COIN #1, #2, #3, PRE-ORDER, PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP + NORTH KOREA SUPREME LEADER KIM JONG-UN ON FRONT OF COIN, ORIGINAL OFFICIAL WHITE HOUSE GIFT SHOP SEEN IN MAJOR NEWS WORLDWIDE, SHIPS AUGUST 1 SHIPS 2018 년 8 월 1 일

" To be transparent I DO NOT WORK AT THE WHITE HOUSE GIFT SHOP NOR DID I TELL TRUMP TO SELL THESE" :*

• Options
    edited June 9, 2018 12:49PM

@Justacommeman said: "It's ok. Most of my flags are from one member. I've grown to accept it. I don't retaliate. If they had a twisted panty or snowflake icon to hit I might use that. But a flag? That's weak. Flags from this member are almost like a badge of honor now."

They are your "flags" and you have it handled. As for me, I do not enjoy peevish :'( old men acting like children >:) (that's why I never had any children). They need a good spanking. As you may have guessed, I believe in the Attila the Hun School of Discipline where problems are solved forever after one warning. B)

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    @Justacommeman said: "It's ok. Most of my flags are from one member. I've grown to accept it. I don't retaliate. If they had a twisted panty or snowflake icon to hit I might use that. But a flag? That's weak. Flags from this member are almost like a badge of honor now."

They are your "flags" and you have it handled. As for me, I do not enjoy peevish :'( old men acting like children >:) (that's why I never had any children). They need a good spanking. As you may have guessed, I believe in the Atila the Hun School of Discipline where problems are solved forever after one warning. B)

I totally get that.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

As I've said before, this forum is about coins - and I truly DGAF about folks' political standing. I find humor in humorous statements, regardless of what side of the aisle the writer stands.

As far as "flags", I use them very infrequently, and never without a supporting post explaining why I did so. It seems easy for some folks to blithely click on an icon - it's like a digital drive-by shooting - the tool of the unimaginative and below-average intellect.

@Justacommeman said:

@Insider2 said:

@Type2 said:

That's easy. When a member asks a question, he has the option to click "answered" and it shows that his question was answered to their satisfaction. If they don't do that, it remains listed as "unanswered." folks can still post to an "answered" thread.

@PerryHall said:

Nope. When I saw a red banned icon I went to the page. There was a big "Banned" icon and it said the member changed their photo.

@VanHalen said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

m

A <3 regular member posted this humorous reply to a post. Unfortunately, some folks with no sense of humor FLAGGED IT. IMO, this type of response to humor is as bad as a cowardly disagrement, left without a reason that added nothing to a discussion. I wish I were in charge around here because any time my time was taken up to check a nonsense Flag, it would incur a very stern warning to either GET A LIFE or GET OFF THE FORUM!

I voted for Mr. Trump rather than the alternative. He was not my first choice. Nevertheless, I watch SNL and I wish the ENTIRE SHOW was done using the humorous skits about him and everyone around him!

@Boosibri said:

It's ok. Most of my flags are from one member. I've grown to accept it. I don't retaliate. If they had a twisted panty or snowflake icon to hit I might use that. But a flag? That's weak. Flags from this member are almost like a badge of honor now.

mark

• Options
    ranshdowranshdow Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭

Twisted panty icon, FTW :D

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ranshdow said:
    Twisted panty icon, FTW :D

I want a cabbage icon as well. As a kid growing up playing hockey in Michigan we always called a less then wicked shot “weak cabbage”. Maybe that instead of snowflake *

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@Insider2 said:

They are your "flags" and you have it handled. As for me, I do not enjoy peevish :'( old men acting like children >:) (that's why I never had any children). They need a good spanking. As you may have guessed, I believe in the Atila the Hun School of Discipline where problems are solved forever after one warning. B)

I totally get that.

mark

I actually find your humor reminiscent of Johnny Carson; saber-tipped and always appropriate.

• Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

I think the flag icon needs to be removed. It makes it too easy for the wannabe moderator Barney Fifes to hit the button ! ! !

Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

m

Don W. or Don T. ?

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@Insider2 said:

@Type2 said:

@PerryHall said:

@VanHalen said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

m

@Boosibri said:

It's ok. Most of my flags are from one member. I've grown to accept it. I don't retaliate. If they had a twisted panty or snowflake icon to hit I might use that. But a flag? That's weak. Flags from this member are almost like a badge of honor now.

mark

A few hours of One America News can get the fires burning.... click that flag button!

• Options

@coinlieutenant said:

@Boosibri You could move out here to the Best Coast and Bay Area. We have basketball teams that win....:)

But then I would need a second job to pay my interest only mortgage!

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@Insider2 said:

@Type2 said:

@PerryHall said:

@VanHalen said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

m

@Boosibri said:

mark

I can tell almost all I need to know about a person by quality of their opposition and detractors.

Quality friends can be earned a plethora of ways.

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Insider2 said:

@Type2 said:

@PerryHall said:

@VanHalen said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

m

@Boosibri said:

mark

A few hours of One America News can get the fires burning.... click that flag button!

...this reads like it was run through a Russian translate-to English algorithm ;)

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never used the FLAG button. In fact, I was wondering why some questions had that big ANSWERED flag next to them....now I got it! What does "You can use Markdown in your post" mean?
    And to answer the original question, No, I've never looked at a member's page to find the banning words he typed.

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep looking but it hasn't happened yet.
    I can still post stupid questions?

• Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:

@coinlieutenant said:

I resemble that remark....

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never flagged anyone yet I simetimes get the flag.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fun thread. ;)

• Options

@coinlieutenant said:

@Boosibri said:

@coinlieutenant said:

I resemble that remark....

Channeling my inner Jessup

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:

I have to be on this list........Right?

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

@halfhunter said:
    I think the flag icon needs to be removed. It makes it too easy for the wannabe moderator Barney Fifes to hit the button ! ! !

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoard the keys.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file