Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Sharp little NEWP from the Stacks Bowers sale

BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a Colombia, Potosi and now Mexico City example of this issue...and this one happens to be very nice.

Comments

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice indeed!

All glory is fleeting.
  • KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice. I was shocked by the number of unsold lots and low prices paid for Mexican coins. I was able to buy the 2 coins i wanted with practically no challenge. Both below expected...

• bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats nice, love the toning

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

My daughter got married so I missed the auction ;)

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:

Get your priorities straight man!

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

@Abuelo said:
    Very nice. I was shocked by the number of unsold lots and low prices paid for Mexican coins. I was able to buy the 2 coins i wanted with practically no challenge. Both below expected...

Abuelo, your lucky, the stuff I wanted (asian coins) are going 2-4 OVER the estimated!!! Can't win a darn thing!

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Abuelo said:

Everything I liked was reserved pretty high.

• cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Abuelo said:

What made it so surprising was that it was like a 180 degree shift from the results of and the near impossibility to win a coin for a reasonable price in The Collection of an Engineer (HA.com).

Jeff

@pruebas I think is correct, the reserve prices were high. @mkman123 I do not know if luck. You do not want to have a bunch of coins that then nobody wants to buy... @cecropiamoth you are 1000% correct!> @bidask said:

Congratulations!

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, cool !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome!!!

• PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 880 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was watching that one as well hoping to get a steal with their low estimate.

Grats on the pickup!

Could not resist. As soon as I received the unsold list, I ordered another 2 coins. Afraid for my life once wife checks the bank account :#

• cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2018 12:18AM

@Abuelo said:
    Could not resist. As soon as I received the unsold list, I ordered another 2 coins. Afraid for my life once wife checks the bank account :#

Me too. I grabbed the 1895/3-Ga JS 8R in NGC 64 as a post auction buy. (Edit - coin never made the list, I called prior to the list going out.) $300 plus the juice against an estimate of $350-500. None of the overdate at PCGS and just three at NGC, two 64's and a 65. So not a top top, but the nice strike and toning as shown in the glamour shot made it tough to resist. Especially when compared to some of the prices attained in the 8R HA Engineer Collection.

JJ