Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Are any of your coins a CoinFacts coin?

ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 7, 2018 11:19AM in U.S. Coin Forum

When browsing through my TrueViews I accidentally discovered some of them, particularly the varieties, are the examples used for the CoinFacts images. Some are the sole example, others are one of only two examples, and some are one of three.

I was quite surprised. It makes me feel like they are being honored in a little numismatic way. :D

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Comments

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a few.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any on Photograde?

• Options
    PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just picked up my first one last week at Central States:

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have, and had, quite a few CoinFacts Plate coins.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recently bumped but for 2.5 years the 1878-CC GSA plate coin:

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure several of my Barber Half's are.

• Options

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice variety @ms70 !

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you really call them "plate coins" if they are on Coinfacts?

Doug
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd think most of them are on Coinfacts, since most people don't designate variety (by Logan-McCloskey numbers) on their capped bust half dimes graded by PCGS

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a number of pieces that are on the Coin Facts pages.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    YouYou Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

This is the same thing as asking if your coins have Trueviews. All US coins with Trueviews are "Coinfacts" coins. The one to three that are displayed on the main Coinfacts page for each PCGS# are not manually chosen to be displayed there. They are simply the three highest graded coins with Trueviews. If there are more than three coins in the highest grade with Trueviews, the three displayed are simply the last three photographed.

• Options
    YouYou Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

You can also view all the other photographed examples by clicking "View all coin images" on the Coinfacts page.

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup I have the last 3-MS70 for the 2017 $25 Palladium (Regular Strike)

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been surpassed for a few years, but a had a beautiful 1875-CC 20c that was the CoinFacts coin for both a 64 and 65 at the same time. I got them to take the 64 reference down before I consigned it to HA. B)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options

@You said:
    This is the same thing as asking if your coins have Trueviews. All US coins with Trueviews are "Coinfacts" coins. The one to three that are displayed on the main Coinfacts page for each PCGS# are not manually chosen to be displayed there. They are simply the three highest graded coins with Trueviews. If there are more than three coins in the highest grade with Trueviews, the three displayed are simply the last three photographed.

Not really if there's only 3 or less that are TrueViewed........ or even graded by PCGS....

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't keep track of all of them. Many of my cameos were TV'd years ago and the images made their way to CoinFacts.

Check out my digital album below and you will see everything.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    DantesDadDantesDad Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2018 1:54PM

I currently have 7 on coinfacts in my Toned IHC registry

Always buying and looking for a deal.
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to own the main CoinFacts coin for the 1998-S Close AM proof Lincoln cent. Someone has made a 70 now, and the one I owned (PR69 DCAM) is now the fourth coin in the list.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aren't all True Viewed coins now listed on Coin Facts?

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my 1911-D weak D's used to be the plate coin. I didn't ask for trueviews on it, so was surprised to see it!

• Options
    TLeverageTLeverage Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2018 2:12PM

I've got a few from my Trade Dollar Chop Mark set, many thanks to the forum member who traded me the most recent addition!

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

Yes, so the highest grade wins. It gets the top spot. It doesn't matter what the coin looks like.

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:

Yes but we're talking about the ones on the front page or where there's 3 or less.

• Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I currently have several. I have many from coins I used to own.

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is one that comes to mind.

• Options
    TLeverageTLeverage Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

@saltlydog4 said:
    I've got a few, too!

This thread ain't big enough for the two of us, @saltlydog4 !

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@You said:
    You can also view all the other photographed examples by clicking "View all coin images" on the Coinfacts page.

Last night, I began putting in cert. #'s of coins I have in my possession in Coinfacts. I have 4 located on the first page, and an additional 13 located in the "View all coin images" section. That section has anywhere from 5 to 25 images but looks to me as if someone has manually saved the better looking toned ones.

For instance, this 1988-S Proof nickel is one of eight images in the "View all coin images" section. No doubt they have graded hundreds of this date.

So nearly every coin in my Toned Modern Proof showcase is in Coinfacts. I had no idea outside of the Olympic Dollar above that so many of that set were there. Made me a little bit proud if nothing else. :)

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have so few that I am certain none of mine are :smile:
    Some nice coins posted above BTW :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2018 1:33PM

Not to toot my own horn.....but here's my CoinFacts claim to fame:

The lowest graded coin pictured for the Proof 1964 Accented Hair half. PF-62. I'm so proud....I may cry. :blush:

(Basically, that "free TrueViews" quarterly special resulted in some screwy coins in CoinFacts. :) )

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every single coin sent in Express and higher end up on coinfacts now.

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Usually the most recently graded coin at the top pop will become the "plate coin" by default.

• Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2018 3:54PM

I had many at one time. One even had the image altered and represented as a lower grade. Holdered at VG8 but shown as a G6.
    That got one member, (stinkinlincoln) I think, so ticked it got him banned.

Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dozens.... it was more "prestigious" when PCGS would select great examples to feature. Now anything with a Trueview gets loaded.

Coinfacts is such an under monetized asset in PCGS repertoire!

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

The plate coin(s) are the top graded coins which have a trueview. > @saltlydog4 said:

@Boosibri said:
    Dozens.... it was more "prestigious" when PCGS would select great examples to feature. Now anything with a Trueview gets loaded.

Coinfacts is such an under monetized asset in PCGS repertoire!

The plate coin is the top graded one, or the most recent top graded one. That's still prestigious.

Pretty quick on the disagree button there buddy.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 2

• Options
    Rob41281Rob41281 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭✭✭

These were mine but sold late last year. MS67+ and MS67

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have three as of right now.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yawn :/

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    DantesDadDantesDad Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

Charmy I want that 70!

Always buying and looking for a deal.
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭✭✭