Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Quarterly Special - Free Shipping

TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 30, 2018 11:13AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Just saw this on their website...

Guidelines:

Valid for submissions of 15 to 20 coins only, through the following service levels (one per submission form):
◦Economy
◦Economy Special Issues
◦Modern
◦Modern Gold
◦Regular

•Valid for unlimited submissions from April 1 through June 30, 2018.

•Valid for Standard or Gold Shield services (cannot mix), for Gold Shield add $5 per coin.

•Turnaround time for submission is based on the service level selected.

•Under the “Other” service level, you must indicate “QS – Free Shipping.”

Additional Guidelines:

•This special is only available for current PCGS Collectors Club Members in good standing, not valid for submissions from PCGS Authorized Dealers.

•This special cannot be combined with any other special, discount or coupon.

•This special is available in conjunction with the complimentary submissions through the Gold and Platinum Memberships, orders must still be 15 – 20 coins, Collectors Club Member is responsible for the per coin grading fees for the number of coins over the allotted number of complimentary submissions available to them.

•PCGS reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time.

•This special is available for orders being shipped to addresses within the United States only.

•At PCGS’s discretion, packages will be shipped via FedEx or USPS, all packages will be fully insured.

This offer does not apply to handling or packaging fees. A $10 handling fee applies to all orders, customers using their own FedEx or USPS Express Mail accounts will not be able to take advantage of this special and will be charged $2 per order to ship on their account.

You must be a PCGS Collectors Club member to submit directly to PCGS. To join the PCGS Collectors Club click here. For any questions, please contact PCGS Customer Service Monday through Friday 7:00AM - 5:00PM PST at 1-800-447-8848.

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2018 10:34AM

"...customers using their own FedEx or USPS Express Mail accounts will not be able to take advantage of this special and will be charged $2 per order to ship on their account."

What does this mean?

Never mind -- figured out the "special" is free shipping (but not free handling and packing).

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

I might actually be able to use this one. Kind of a small window to hit on the submission size, but we'll see.

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it normal for quarterly specials not to be available to PCGS Authorized Dealers?

• Options

@Tetromibi said:
    Is it normal for quarterly specials not to be available to PCGS Authorized Dealers?

Yes - in fact, Quarterly Specials are exclusively a Collectors Club Member benefit.

• Options
    ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2018 3:01PM

Interesting business decision. I am guessing those that submit 15 to 20 coins at a pop are relatively price insensitive to the shipping. Thus, it is hard to see as a business driver.

If on the other hand, the offer was opened across the board, I would most certainly send some pieces in. Shipping is very expensive for sending just a handful of pieces.

Conversely, if it is meant as a thank you, I imagine the population that submits 15 to 20 coins at a time is relatively small.

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2018 3:11PM

I was just rounding up a batch of 20 to ship off along with another 8 to use up my free member submissions. This works out great for me. I dont typically get to use the Quarterly Specials.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am waiting to cross a few of my ngc toned Indians over with trueviews. If this deal was open for less than 15 I would pull the trigger, but I don't have 15 to cross so I will continue the wait. I would like to get all 15 coins trueviewed eventually.

• Options
    FishproFishpro Posts: 381 ✭✭✭

Most of my submissions are 18-20 Coins , this sounds like a good deal.

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

"PCGS Prime" ?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never had a submission that large....I could if I submitted a stack of bullion I guess - Nah... I like to play with bullion.... :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder what the out of pocket costs are to ship via priority? With umbrella insurance policies, priorities are not much beyond what wholesale businesses pay for medium flat rate boxes.

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great, you'll get them back in September however.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you live in Southern California around 4-6 weeks before every Long Beach show PCGS has a drop off in Santa Ana with a pickup at the show.

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why PCGS can't make it up to 50 coins?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file