Home U.S. Coin Forum

...I have a serious question about Peace Dollars??? (Books have arrived!)

3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 1, 2018 2:24PM in U.S. Coin Forum

...so I am going to buy some copies of The @RogerB book from Amazon in about 20 min...let’s have some fun!

The first 5 posters to request a copy here in this thread...then it’s on me...I think it’s good when the Pros here refer us to Numismatic literature, even if it is indeed their own...I went to college, and my best professors weren’t always the best salesmen...so I was glad when purchasing their authored books was a course requirement ;)

If you turn out in the top 5 then PM me where you would like your copy sent...Feel free to post in here just for fun, even if you don’t want a copy...it’s just over 1am here on the West Coast so let’s ride this baby till the sun comes up!

Tagged:

Comments

• ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm posting as the firestarter behind the thread, but you can skip me on the giveaway as I already gave Roger my money a couple times. Roger should use one of my toners on his cover in version 3 and then I'll keep my mouth shut.

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2018 1:17AM

@ACop said:
    I'm posting as the firestarter behind the thread, but you can skip me on the giveaway as I already gave Roger my money a couple times. Roger should use one of my toners on his cover in version 3 and then I'll keep my mouth shut.

All good bro...who knows, maybe we make a couple newbie Peace Dollar collectors out of the whole thing...somebody’s got to be there to bid up your toners when collecting time is over ;)

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

Would love a copy!

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in. Always like to add to the library.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
    edited March 25, 2018 1:30AM

@3keepSECRETif2rDEAD said:

@ACop said:

All good bro...who knows, maybe we make a couple newbie Peace Dollar collectors out of the whole thing...somebody’s got to be there to bid up your toners when collecting time is over ;)

I really did mean the jab at Roger in a lighthearted manner, and it had more to do with him JUST posting buy the book and not at least a tidbit to the actual question posted. He made up for it later. As a P$ collector I respect his contribution and have been enjoying his postings ATS while he was banned here this whole time. Get mkman a copy! mkman you still got that nice circulated 1921?

• SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Send a copy to mkman and double it up and save on the postage. I’m sure we could figure out a way to meet up!

Surf

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • MWallaceMWallace Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd love one. Am I one of the first 5?

edited March 25, 2018 2:22AM

@MWallace said:
    I'd love one. Am I one of the first 5?

Yes Sir...you are the 4th ;)

...one left to give away...I think cause I may already have one somewhere in the cave, but there’s far too much smoke in here now to know for sure...I can barely see the re-mastered episodes of 90210 my kid-brother and I have been powering all night in here ;)

• jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to have one. I'm alway's looking for a good book. I have the QDB on Morgan's. This would be a nice compliment to it. :)

• cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shoot, I think I am the sixth!!

...and that’s it gentlemen...all 5 are gone, so hit me with a PM and hopefully Amazon comes through...it said they had 8...and now it’s saying they will email me...what can I do but wait ;)

@cecropiamoth said:

...once the smoke clears I will find out if I own one already and then u can have the 6th I ordered ;)

@cecropiamoth said:

Actually, just because that was your 420th post, you get the 6th one no matter what...back to Steve Sanders trying to last a week working at the Peach Pit off a bet from Brando ;)

@jtlee321 said:
    @3keepSECRETif2rDEAD are you a night owl?

...it’s hard to make money while sleeping ;)

@cecropiamoth said:

Actually, just because that was your 420th post, you get the 6th one no matter what...back to Steve Sanders trying to last a week working at the Peach Pit off a bet from Brando ;)

That's awesome!!! I didn't even see that it was good 'ol 420!! I would love a copy of the book! My smoking days are finished by about a decade though now, LOL! But oh, the joys of youth.

Thanks/Jeff

@jtlee321 said:
    @3keepSECRETif2rDEAD are you a night owl?

...it’s hard to make money while sleeping ;)

Not to mention how many sweet deals pass you by while you snooze. Thanks for the awesome giveaway!!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I already have a copy... However, this is a great thread and people will really appreciate such a great book. Cheers, RickO

• TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

This book as good as the Morgan book?

Just got the Barber book this past week.

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you find the 7th just because it's a lucky number?

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, have one already. Love it.

bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

Such a generous offer! I commend you for it.

Things like this warm my numismatic heart.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow to late but awesome offer!

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a book on PEACE.... THREADS ??? ;)

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2018 9:48AM

Wow! That's a really nice and generous thing to do!

RE: "I really did mean the jab at Roger in a lighthearted manner, and it had more to do with him JUST posting buy the book and not at least a tidbit to the actual question posted. "

OK. Understood. Authors might receive a small fee up-front, but in most cases even that does not exist.

@cecropiamoth @jtlee321 @SurfinxHI @mkman123 @BLUEJAYWAY @MWallace

If you haven’t PM’d me yet where you would like your book sent...please do so...they will ship out Monday ;)

• CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

I made one of the plate coins in that book. I still have it. I think its the 1923.

• CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

I made one of the plate coins in that book. I still have it. I think its the 1923.

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actively asked for possible illustration examples for the book. There are some wonderful pieces in private collections that seldom get the recognition they deserve. Plus, I like to see collectors get credit for their interest and acumen. In the case of the Peace dollar book, the publisher did not want to use individual credit lines as I proposed in the draft. But you will find individual photo/collection credits in all my other books and articles.

Thanks again Erik @3keepSECRETif2rDEAD

Jeff

PM sent. Thanks again for the book.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Awesome!! Thank you so much for this fantastic giveaway. I really appreciate it. :)

@RogerB said:
    I actively asked for possible illustration examples for the book. There are some wonderful pieces in private collections that seldom get the recognition they deserve. Plus, I like to see collectors get credit for their interest and acumen. In the case of the Peace dollar book, the publisher did not want to use individual credit lines as I proposed in the draft. But you will find individual photo/collection credits in all my other books and articles.

You need some colorfully toned examples on your front cover next time.

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received the book today. Thank you for your generosity. I look forward to reading it.

I received mine today as well. Thank you sooo much!! :)

Book arrived on Thursday. Will enjoy reading it. Thanks once again.

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 13, 2018 6:33AM

Somehow missed all this but it's all good stuff.

Thanks @3keepSECRETif2rDEAD for injecting some life into the boards.

Edit: AND also thank you @RogerB for your contributions. We're all a little bit smarter now.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

A nice offer, very cool!

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BIGAL2749 said:
    I've always been fond of Peace $ and put this set together almost 30 years ago.

WOW what a great looking set!!!! They are beautiful.

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ACop said:

@RogerB said:

You need some colorfully toned examples on your front cover next time.

DON'T DO IT! If you do, save a non-toned cover for my friend Ricko.

Just lookin out for you, Bud.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon

I've already alerted Erik via PM that I received the book. It is excellent, I've already spent parts of two evenings with it!

Jeff

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file