Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Irrational coin buying at it's finest...for a dupe no less.

StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's see. I'm trying to downsize...not that I'd ever have a mere box of 20--I'll settle for 20 different collections--but I'm trying to lose the extraneous stuff and dump the remnants of my 'collectible bullion' (anyone interested in Aussie Lunars??). I want to stay focused on Albania, upgrading my Japanese Type's overall quality (and reduce my date runs/dupes), and maybe/possibly inch a bit further into ancients.

So, what did I do this weekend??? Apparently I decided I needed this duplicate of one of my more enduring coin forum avatars. Seriously.

My current one/old avatar coin in an NGC MS-64:

and now I bought this one from @airplanenut that resides in an ANACS MS-65:

I guess that means if anyone has a blast white (just for variety...or another toned one, why not???) in a PCGS and/or ICG slab, well I'll be all over it.

Not only that I bought another Italian coin, which is very similar to one I sold another time I downsized. Geez. I find it hard to resist Jeremy's auctions.

Comments

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

There are some coins from the country that I collect that I find myself buying multiple duplicates....I should stop so I have more money to put towards other coins that I don't have from that country!

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bosoxbosox Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭

Nice coins. I keep buying copies of the Italian issued Albanian WWII coinage for my WWII collecting theme.

Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terrific coins...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know where you are coming from. Not only do I have multiples of a certain issue, but the top three (as well as four of the top five) graded by PCGS are all mine that I purchased raw over the years and sent in myself.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stork said:
    Geez. I find it hard to resist Jeremy's auctions.

There's a lot of truth to that statement. Tell all your friends!

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

Well, when you'll start unloading Japanese raw dupes, especially from the first two pages of the Dansco, you know whom to PM. :) Great design and superb photography of the one in the Anacs holder that looks much more original, although both coins are superb.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks D! I've changed up my lighting a bit, and still need to figure out a better diffusion method.

@airplanenut said:

@Stork said:
    Geez. I find it hard to resist Jeremy's auctions.

There's a lot of truth to that statement. Tell all your friends!

Airplanenut runs great auctions! And Highly Recommended as a consignment runner.

>
    >

@TomB said:
    I know where you are coming from. Not only do I have multiples of a certain issue, but the top three (as well as four of the top five) graded by PCGS are all mine that I purchased raw over the years and sent in myself.

@mkman123 said:
    There are some coins from the country that I collect that I find myself buying multiple duplicates....I should stop so I have more money to put towards other coins that I don't have from that country!

It's an illness. I have waaayyy too many of the 50 sen double hoo bird coins, and don't get me started on some of the Albanian minors. I suppose I could claim it's a grading set.... I guess if you like something it's hard to resist.

>
    >

@bosox said:
    Nice coins. I keep buying copies of the Italian issued Albanian WWII coinage for my WWII collecting theme.

Hmm, so that's where they are going (as it seems this is an expansion of my Zog's Albania set). :lol: