Home U.S. Coin Forum

Charmy Harker awarded Elvira Clain-Stefanelli medal by ANA.

RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 5, 2017 7:10PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Many of you know Charmy Harker (“The Penny Lady”®) from her extensive message board posts and very active promotion of women in numismatics. On Friday evening, at the ANA Convention banquet, Charmy was honored for her achievements with the Elvira Clain-Stefanelli award. Here is the facebook comment and a couple of photos borrowed from her account.

I am deeply honored and grateful to the American Numismatic Association to receive the Elvira Clain-Stefanelli award tonight at the ANA banquet. I was so touched by all the kind words that were said about me that it left me emotional and speechless! And the medal and plaque are beautiful and will be treasured.

Comments

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2017 7:11PM

Way to go Charmy.....you earned that baby!

edited to add: Love the RWB intro.......

• CCDollarCCDollar Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...Congratulations. Your posts are award winning here also. Take care...
    CC

Nickel Triumph...My Led Zepps
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very Nice! :)

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

Simply outstanding!

Mark

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations.

Keep it up.

Tempus fugit.
  • BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having/ having had a passing, nodding acquaintance with both ladies, I like Charmy a lot better than Mrs. Clain-Stefanelli. Mrs. Clain-Stefanelli and Mrs. Florence Schook came out of the same mould. Worry, worry. And yes, Charmy did earn this one.

• coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats Charmy!

• BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats Charmy. One of the better show reporters on the boards for sure.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • PurfrockPurfrock Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Well earned. Congrats, Charmy

EAC, ANA Member
  • ldhairldhair Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really cool Charmy.

Larry

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well deserved. Congrats.

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2017 9:41PM

@MANOFCOINS said:
    Excuse my ignorance but what is the award given for? I would guess it has to do with women and numismatic achievements.

Here's the award description from the ANA website:

https://www.money.org/awards/Stefanelli

The website should be updated with the 2015, 2016 and 2017 winners. It would also be nice to have profiles of each of the winners that is mentioned in the announcements.

• alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭

congratulations

• northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing and letting us know about this well deserved honor.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done Charmy!

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats, Charmy!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's great- congratulations!

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats "Lady" :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• TyrockTyrock Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

Congratulations!

• CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

WTG Charm. You deserve it girl!

The more you VAM..
  • ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6, 2017 7:34AM

Wow, thank you Roger!! I hadn't checked the message boards since I arrived in Denver for the ANA show because I was so busy throughout the entire week. So when I opened up the message board site this morning and saw Roger's post and all your wonderful comments, I again got a little teary eyed. I am so very touched, humbled and grateful to all of you for your kind and caring support of me throughout all the years I've been on these boards and want you to know how much it means to me.

I just arrived home last night and am pretty wiped out right now. It was a long but very successful show for me with lots of events to attend. After I relax for a bit, I look forward to putting together another show report for you which should be up in a day or two. Thank you again for each of your kind comments and support, you folks are the best!

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • JBNJBN Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ThePennyLady said:

I just arrived home last night and am pretty wiped out right now. It was a long but very successful show for me with lots of events to attend. After I relax for a bit, I look forward to putting together another show report for you which should be up in a day or two. Thank you again for each of your kind comments and support, you folks are the best!

It's not like you have to sing for your supper but you'll have an audience anyway.

Mebbe we should all wear dancing shoes.

Tempus fugit.
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations. Well deserved. Charmy is one of those "get it done" type of people. Maybe she should fun for Board of Governors!

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations Charmy.... Well deserved award. Your activities (i.e. displays, show attendance, show reporting and coin knowledge) all support the award. I have a treasured coin from you that has a special place in my collection... I look forward to your great show report. Cheers, RickO

• kazkaz Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome home, and having read the description of the purpose of the award, I think it is well deserved! Have a restful, rest of the weekend!

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well deserved. Congrats.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6, 2017 7:04PM

Bravissima !
    o:)B)
    Lunar Lounge (Baltimore) for Summer Seminar attendees :D
    The lady knows her wines ;)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Charmy

My young daughter looks up to you as she begins to learn and start collecting.

Thank you

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

Congrats!!!

Becky
  • CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinsarefun said:
    Way to go Charmy!! Bravo

100%

• Jackthecat1Jackthecat1 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Congratulations.

Member ANS, ANA, GSNA, TNC

• 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • JedPlanchetJedPlanchet Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Congrats Charmy!!

Whatever you are, be a good one. ---- Abraham Lincoln
  • tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations Charmy, well deserved.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6, 2017 6:46PM

Perhaps it's time for that room addition...or a larger house for all of the awards and accolades? Congratulations Charmy!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well deserved congratulations, Charmy. You are one of the brightest lights in our Numismatic Universe........just keep on shining.

OINK

• ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2017 7:30AM

@EagleEye said:
    Congratulations. Well deserved. Charmy is one of those "get it done" type of people. Maybe she should fun for Board of Governors!

That's the end of a beautiful friendship! :*

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outstanding. So nice to see great work recognized. Yes!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

I met Charmy at the Boston ANA. She's one of the classiest people I've met, both inside numismatics and out. We all look forward to your reports and are proud that "one of our own" has been honored. WTG!

Paul
  • Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kudos to Charmy!! Well done!

• ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2017 8:27AM

I continue to be overwhelmed with all the love and support from you folks - thank you, thank you, thank you!

(And though I am very grateful to the ANA and the Board of Governors and all they do to try to make the world of numismatics a better place, rest assured, I have NO plans to run for the ANA Board.)

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice! I'm happy for you! Congrats!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file