Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PackGeek | NEW EPISODE UP: 1998-99 Topps Chrome Basketball | Dirk Tribute

Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Hello Friends!

For those of you that enjoyed the original PackGeek videos - I've decided to film some new ones! COMING SOON

Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
Jeff

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes!! I loved this site, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Thank you, Tim! Great to see ya!

Jeff
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Great to see you dusting off the video camera Jeff. Not that I really approve of your delinquent activities. :grin:

Not surprised the dark sheep of the unopened world is looking forward to the carnage that awaits.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.

Thanks, Mike! Tim just sent me a PM offering a dozen or so 70s rack packs from his own collection. I was wondering if you'd be interested in donating as well?

Jeff

@Big80s said:
    Thanks, Mike! Tim just sent me a PM offering a dozen or so 70s rack packs from his own collection. I was wondering if you'd be interested in donating as well?

There's a better chance of Mike not wearing socks at the National than of that happening, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

@Big80s said:

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Jeff

Bring it on!

Looking forward to it.

Mike
  • NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭

I cannot wait!

Nikklos

Thank you, Mike! And thank you, Nikklos! I think you'll enjoy the material we're lining up.

Jeff
  • NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭

Geez I hope you don't bring me out of retirement!

Nikklos
  • baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

Always loved your videos, looking forward to new ones. You taking requests? ;)

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

The PG withdrawals have been excruciating. I desperately need those sound effects back in my life.

Very much looking forward to this, and great to see you posting again brother!

• SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

I'm looking forward to more as well. They are definitely a highlight of these boards.

@Nikklos - My job is to entertain and inspire my fellow collectors ;)

@baz518 - Thank you for the love! And I am definitely open to requests.

@galaxy27 - I appreciate the warm welcome back, my friend. It's great to see you again!

@SumoMenkoMan - The friends I've made through the CU boards are a big reason I'm doing more of these videos. There are some great people here, including some true experts in the field. While I'm just a collector (definitely not an expert), I love sharing these rips with you guys. Hopefully I can bring a few minutes of entertainment and a smile to your face.

Jeff
  • MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

It is great to see these coming back!!! I can only watch that Bird/Magic pack geek rip so many times! Hope you get some big scores!! As Stephen said, the sound effects are a must!!

Jeremy

• pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to these...i too love ripping old packs...I've been really busy this year and haven't posted any results recently, but have accumulated a nice pile of gradeable cards along the way...best of luck!

• PorkinsPorkins Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Ohhhhhhhhhh....

Cha-ching!!!

Awesome news! Great to hear you're back, Jeff. You still have a few to knock off that checklist!

Good luck!!

@MantleFan23 - Yes! That was definitely one of my favorite rips. I should mention that I have another 1980 Topps basketball rip lined up as one of my next round of videos.

@pjb103183 - That's one of the benefits of these sort of high-risk pack rips, you typically come out with some gradeable cards whether the star power is there or not. I hope you'll share your rips on the boards, as well.

@porkins - Thanks for the support, buddy! I still have four of the five "Pull Goals" left. So I've got my sites set on knocking a few of those out.

Jeff

Finally!! Sorry for the delay - we've been editing a lot of rip videos. Here's the first rip from the latest batch - a 1978 Topps Baseball rack pack. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/yaBOg2fqwO8!

Jeff

Thanks for sharing...Love the Louis Skolnick sighting!

• dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

5 HOF'ers and "the Bird". Thanks for sharing .

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball

Thanks for watching, guys!

@pjb103183 - I'm obsessed with 80s classics, so I'm always looking for a way to tie them in. Good catch!

@dennis07 - It started off a little sketchy. Thanks for checking it out.

Jeff
  • KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keeping this one hidden to avoid the rippers!

Even I would have a hard time breaking that pack. I love that Bench card showing.

Jeff
  • lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Solid header cell! Thanks for sharing. I like the sound effects.

edited July 21, 2017 6:13PM

Loved it! This is better than cable!

Thanks for resurrecting the site, Jeff!

Nice first break back, Jeff

Good luck, and keep 'em coming!

Guys - thank you so much for the kind words. My plan is to try to post a new video every week, as long as I can.

@lahmejoon - Thank you! Not everyone likes the sound effects, so I'm happy to hear when people do.

@grote15 - I really appreciate it, Tim! Deep down inside, I think you're a secret pack ripper.

@Porkins - Thanks, buddy! Many more to come!

Jeff

Shhh, don't tell anyone, Jeff! Cpamike already has a strong enough inkling as it is, lol..

The sound effects are awesome!

@grote15 said:
    Shhh, don't tell anyone, Jeff! Cpamike already has a strong enough inkling as it is, lol..

The sound effects are awesome!

Watching, always watching.

Jeff, great reboot for the site. While I still don't condone with type of activity, it is nice that you share with the rest of the Collectors Universe. For 1978, and Tim can correct me if I'm wrong, most of the big hits are in that first section as you saw in the video. Only Ryan in the middle and, of course, Trammel/Molitor in the far section are not in there.

Collecting:

@KendallCat said:

That would be ripped over my dead body, lol.

Collecting:

It wouldn't be Pack Geek without the sound effects

• Halos2002Halos2002 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

That was fun to watch!

• flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

funny--but why no love of the Yaz card?????

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cpamike said:

@KendallCat said:

Mike - I keep it 10 feet away from my desk in my office and have zero desire to rip it open. Have always been that way. Being a huge Bench fan it is a favorite of mine. Would love to find a 1976 rack with a Bench showing - favorite card as a kid growing up.

KC

@KendallCat said:

@cpamike said:

@KendallCat said:

Mike - I keep it 10 feet away from my desk in my office and have zero desire to rip it open. Have always been that way. Being a huge Bench fan it is a favorite of mine. Would love to find a 1976 rack with a Bench showing - favorite card as a kid growing up.

KC

I agree, the 1976 Bench card is my personal favorite too. That would be cool to find a 1976 rack with that one on top. I was able to get a 1974 rack with Seaver on top which is my favorite card of him with an assist from Dave (70ToppsFanatic). Good luck on your quest.

Collecting:
  • Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

Thanks for reincarnating this series, certainly enjoyed it back in the day, and look forward to the new rips!

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

Do you normally rip on similar days each week or just random times? I subscribed and am ready to see some new gems unleashed!

@Time4aGansett - Thanks for watching the videos! I'm having fun doing them again.

@secretstash - The goal is to release a new video each week (likely on Wednesdays). Speaking of - I smell a new post coming...

Jeff

Here's the latest rip video: PackGeek rip #20 - 1984 Donruss wax & racks.

https://youtu.be/yS3Pns_vTfg

Jeff

Not much in the way of star power but still a hella good time! Looking forward to future rips...

@pjb103183 - thanks, man! More to come!

Jeff
  • RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Thanks....opened several boxes of those back in 1984. Always liked the 1984 design, and for the most part, the cuts were clean....unlike the first few years of Donruss baseball.

@rookiewax - how was our luck with the boxes you opened? Did you average on Mattingly per box?

Jeff

Awesome video, Jeff! The visual special effects take the piece to a new level, lol..

@grote15 - thank you! We're trying to mix some entertainment and production value in there.

Jeff
  • RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

@Big80s said:
    @rookiewax - how was our luck with the boxes you opened? Did you average on Mattingly per box?

I still have the 3 Mattingly rookies and the 5 empty wax boxes I pulled them from...so my luck was only so-so.

Here we go, friends! More sippin and rippin! PackGeek rip #21 - 1979 Topps Baseball rack pack.

https://youtu.be/_dM4S315zfo

Jeff
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great stuff, Jeff. Only a matter of time before you connect hard!

Always quality entertainment! These videos give me a serious urge to rip some vintage ;)