Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PackGeek | NEW EPISODE UP: 1998-99 Topps Chrome Basketball | Dirk Tribute

Comments

• Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Hello, Friends!
    We knocked several new PackGeek episodes out recently, and I'm hoping to have a new one to release by Monday. As mentioned, I've decided to start bringing in guests for the show. Here's a sneak peek of what will be PackGeek rip #26...

And since I always forget to mention it - if you feel so inclined, please subscribe to the PG YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2AjaWlYls_A6qfOHYN-ylA

Thanks guys!

Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

About time! :) Looking forward to your rips!

• flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

like your choice of guests---errrr---packs thus far!! :p:p

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing like ripping packs with the Mrs, lol!

I'm ready for the next installment, Jeff!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

I’m usually trying to keep her as far from my cards as possible, so this episode was a good exercise for me. We ended up having a blast, though. Having a guest on-camera with me made a big difference. I’m excited to share it!

Jeff
  • MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Awesome, Jeff! Can't wait for the next few installments!

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

More Skolnick!

Looking forward to the rips!

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2018 11:17AM

Hiya Jeff

You're a favorite of mine buddy.

Looking forward.

Mike

Thank you so much, guys! I'm hoping we can have this edit finished so I can release it tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Jeff

@Big80s said:
    Thank you so much, guys! I'm hoping we can have this edit finished so I can release it tomorrow. Stay tuned!

We appreciate all the work and effort you put behind these, Jeff!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

@grote15 Thanks, Tim. I've been having a blast shooting them, but it means a lot to see my CU friends enjoying them! It was this group of characters that got me started in the first place!

BTW - I'm going to be giving away a handful of PackGeek t-shirts to celebrate a great year of rips ahead of us! Here's what the design looks like. @Bosox1976 - it's all the Skolnick you can handle!

Jeff
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bravo!

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you Paul Rudd? LOL.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Roll that ripping footage!

@Darin No, but I am a big fan of his!

Jeff
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

I just checked my YouTube and I never subscribed to your channel. That has been rectified now. Looking forward to all your non-baseball pack rips. ;)

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Big80s said:
    @Darin No, but I am a big fan of his!

He seems like a nice guy. He grew up in KC and is a big Royals fan.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@cpamike - Much appreciated, Mike! The channel friends wouldn't be the same without ya.

@Darin - Yes indeed! I remember seeing several shots of he and Jon Hamm during their most recent World Series run.

Jeff

Okay, here we go...
    PackGeek rip #26 | 1986 Donruss Baseball | w/ guest host Hilary Kennedy

https://youtu.be/tmyfGP0ldys

Jeff
  • JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very entertaining! Thanks for posting.

edited January 31, 2018 8:33PM

Enjoyed it Jeff.

When Hilary said her favorite player was Kirby Puckett.

I thought for sure she was gonna say "Young Girl (get out of my heart)" was her favorite oldie from his group.

Mike

Smart man, keeping her away from the high dollar stuff! Nice video!

• Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Something tells me your gal is in a position where she uses her smarts (medical field, teacher, etc..)...just the way she was spot on with her pronunciations was very impressive...I have watched rips from guys who are sports fans and they butcher names consistently...props to Mrs. Pack Geek!!!!

@JBrules - Thank you so much. I appreciate you watching!

@Stone193 LOL. Thanks so much for being a friend to the show, Mike!

@lahmejoon - Yes, guilty as charged regarding the less valuable rips. I also figured it was going to be more about the conversation, than the cards with Hilary. I think it turned out to be a good balance.

@Kep13 - Thank you for the kind words. She actually works as a Television host - so pronunciation is an important aspect of her job. Now if I could just learn to pronounce names correctly :#

Jeff

Awesome video, Jeff! Very entertaining and you and Ms. Geek were very funny! Loved it! LOL!

• maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great show! You are a brave man to do that with your wife! Lol

@grote15 - Thank you, Tim! I'm amazed she still laughs at my material :)

@maddux69 - I've decided that I will save the really expensive product for the solo videos, and use some less expensive product for the videos with guest hosts. That way we can really focus on the cards during the high end rips. Thanks for watching!

Jeff

Jeff, please tell me you guys met at that rip party! LOL

• vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Agreed. How'd the stone cold busting wax and racks guy meet the rip girl....and marry her?

Super entertaining rip. Wish you'd have at least hit a Puckett.

I am ready for some 70s product though.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.

@lahmejoon - That would have made a great story! As Hilary alluded to in the video, she was pretty confused after leaving the Topps rip party. I think I had a much better chance of asking her out in just about any other setting :)

@vintagefun - It was pure coincidence! I've got my eye on some 70s baseball and basketball currently, so hang tight.

Jeff

Since I've had some interest in the PackGeek t-shirts - I've decided to make them available on the website and on our very own BST board HERE . Treat yourself to a PackGeek t-shirt today. Ripping wax never looked so good!

Jeff

Happy Valentine's Day, friends! Here's a little pack-ripping love for you guys!

Pack Geek rip #27 | 1984 Donruss Baseball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc4wElwaUp8
    Jeff

One of these days, you'll hit a big one. Keep it up! :)

edited February 15, 2018 3:26PM

@lahmejoon I appreciate the encouragement. However, this is a realistic depiction of a pack ripper’s luck :)

Jeff
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

legendary vid with your better half, Jeff. a monstrous hit is brewing...

When you said "I've never pulled a Donny to date?"

I was getting a bad feeling buddy.

Thanx for sharing.

Till next time.

And as Casey Kasem would say: "keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars"

Mike

@galaxy27 - Thank you, buddy! I’ve got several more guest-hosted episodes in the works.

@Stone193 Did I jinx it? :) I guess it will be that much more fun when I finally pull one!

Jeff
  • curchcurch Posts: 590 ✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2018 6:57PM

I always dreamed of pulling an 84 Donruss mattingly too. I remember seeing this card at cardshows as a kid and it was like seeing the Mona Lisa. I neversaw Donruss in my area until 88 so this was only a dream. Fast forward to today, I have a sealed box of 84 Donruss and I just like to think one is in it :)

Always looking for vintage wax boxes!

@curch Very well said. I completely relate. When I finally pull one, it will be for both of us!

Jeff
  • curchcurch Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Sounds like a plan! Best of luck.....I’ll be watching!

Always looking for vintage wax boxes!
    edited February 15, 2018 10:24PM

@Stone193 Did I jinx it? :) I guess it will be that much more fun when I finally pull one!

Not really Jeff.

Just messing' with ya.

I appreciate the honest reportage. I could see someone "staking the deck" just for the TV.

The setting, the ripping, the humor is what I enjoy. But I am rooting for you to hit a big one down the road buddy.

note: I got one of Jeff's T-shirts - really cool!

Mike

@Stone193 Thank you, Mike!!

Jeff
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2018 8:05AM

Jeff... Absolutely love your videos. I would love to see you rip more basketball. What's the chances of an 86 Fleer pack?

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
    edited February 18, 2018 1:14PM

@BPorter26 - I’ve got you covered, Bobby! Currently in the queue are rips of 1987 Fleer bball, 1980 Topps bball, and thanks to a recent REA auction - one 1986 Fleer bball pack. I love ripping 80s basketball, so stay tuned!

Jeff
  • secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@Big80s said:
    @BPorter26 - I’ve got you covered, Bobby! Currently in the queue are rips of 1987 Fleer bball, 1980 Topps bball, and thanks to a recent REA auction - one 1986 Fleer bball pack. I love ripping 80s basketball, so stay tuned!

Sweet!

• PorkinsPorkins Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

@Big80s said:

Looking forward to these!

Hey friends!

There's a new PackGeek episode live - rip #28 | 1987 Donruss Baseball w/ guest Josh Gobin. I hope you enjoy it, and thanks for letting me share!

https://youtu.be/NhRguckyTpA

Jeff
  • JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done as always. Thanks. Great guest you had.

@JBrules Thank you! He’s a fun guy, and I figured he’d make a great guest.

Jeff
  • jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great video Jeff. When I first read this, I thought you were bustin packs with Josh Grobin...turns out Josh Gobin sounds much better.