Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Changing the original name of a thread.

Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 22, 2017 4:14PM in U.S. Coin Forum

While this can be humorous, especially when well known, long-time, very knowledgeable and admired posters do it; does anyone besides me think it can become really "old" or a cry for attention if we all were to start that practice with nothing to say?

Comments

• Options

That makes three of us so far but I'm not going to include the two 4 or 5 star very knowledgeable numismatists into the mix. I think we all have been enjoying the Rick and Andy "hide the thread" antics.

• Options
    nk1nknk1nk Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭

It's beyond annoying! There are threads I purposefully avoid then the name change happens and I'll check it out only to enter a random mind warp of nonsensical foolishness.
    There was a time I avoided this site because management seemed to rule with an iron fist and I hated the Willy nilly banning of members but these days the moderators seem to be non existent. I don't mind an occasional departure from numismatics but it's getting a little out of hand. I might need another break for awhile.

• Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only time I ever change a title is when I am reviving one of my old threads with new information, be it PCGS grade results or a CAC update like I did earlier this evening. I always keep the main topic identical to what it was before and just add new information in brackets.

"[Green CAC Update]" is what I added to the beginning of my thread title earlier today.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

I often update the titles of my threads, since the threads I create tend to be of immediate and ongoing developments of a US Mint product.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2017 6:14PM

I thought Andy's thread was well played.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another thread about threads....

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Andy's thread added a bit of fun to things around here. Well played for sure.

Larry

• Options

@BruceS said: "Another thread about threads...."

I can understand that. As for me, I'm a one year+ virgin to Internet forums. I thank God for that as I would have flunked out of school, lost my eyesight, and become a hermit if I should have joined a decade ago.

That said, there are a few things I should change.

1. No title changes for any reason, start a new thread EXCEPT in cases of an update by the OP.
    2. When an OP asks a question about his coin and posts an image, no other coin images are to be added as they muck-up the thread and cause members to post about two different coins. EXCEPTIONS: posting a portion of a coin with the same problem or characteristic or the general threads (post a toned coin) that invite other images.
    3. Push a disagree button and you better state the reason or you are locked out of everything until you do. No time limit on this.
    4. I admire posters who use their real ID. Eventually, I plan to drop off the internet for a while and come back as myself - all cleaned up and acting like a gentleman. I have learned to tell who the "cream" is on this site and I'm positive I know many of them professionally. Hopefully, when I come out, I'll get some PM's from them.
    5. If you don't have something to add concerning the subject, don't post. EXCEPTION: All the long time members who know each other and screw around.

What do you think. I think I should have started a new thread.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think these threads about alts, disagrees, and threads generally are annoying.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think........ hang on, ......I am still thinking........uh oh..What was I thinking about??? ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps we are so attached to formalities, that we cannot entertain informality. It is a chat weenie's paradise here...Where our opinions are often reformed to fit our own mind or chest cavities.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have nothing to add to this thread. >:)

• Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I think........ hang on, ......I am still thinking........uh oh..What was I thinking about??? ;) Cheers, RickO

I have this problem also. I call it CRS - can't remember "stuff". ;)

Paul
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thread titles should evolve (or go downhill) just as the discussion always does.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's this thread all about?
    This forum use to be about coins. What in the hell happened?

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely juvenile!

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    I have nothing to add to this thread. >:)

Me too, I however did enjoy that movie...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file