Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Silver Krugs

KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 1, 2017 12:51PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Time to Stack up. MCM just launched a special deal mcm.com website its called Silver Kruggerand happy Stacking

Best place to buy !
Bronze Associate member

Comments

• Options
    coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up.

• Options
    edited June 1, 2017 12:43PM

@coinhack I just order 15 at this price you cant go wrong. I will probable send 1/2 to Grading keep other half raw for rainy day. :)

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

Link?

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

even after I entered the code, they are still $50 a piece. that's still too much a premium over spot for me. Do you need a minimum order?

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2017 12:58PM

www.moderncoinmart.com I am not too tech oriented

https://www.moderncoinmart.com
    @crazyhounddog

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

@BruceS the coins are better quality then the ASE and will always be higher as the produce them like the Gold. I got them for 47.95 and took the check discount option to save more :)

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

May I ask what the additional discount is?

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kkathyl said:
    www.moderncoinmart.com I am not too tech oriented

https://www.moderncoinmart.com
    @crazyhounddog

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

@TomB its 2% so you save money if you pay by check and they don't get hit with the CC fees so they pass the saving back to you. As long as you can wait 10 days to get them . why not

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the information.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 401 ✭✭✭

Bullion exchange on Ebay has a deal going on right now with volume pricing and ebucks bonus.
    Buying one at $50 and getting $4 back in ebucks and 2% using a CC should come to $45 each 1-9,
    $44.10 each if you buy 10-19, and $43.20 each if you buy 20+. Prices given are assuming you have the
    current ebuck deal and a CC that you can earn 2% on.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sale-Price-2017-South-Africa-1-oz-Silver-Krugerrand-Premium-Uncirculated-50th-/162518591111?_trkparms=5079:5000006556

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kkathyl said:
    @coinhack I just order 15 at this price you cant go wrong. I will probable send 1/2 to Grading keep other half raw for rainy day. :)

What is the price you can't go wrong with?

I think I am missing it?

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

just a note
    the SA Mint is selling the "premium uncirculated" for 600 rand, which is about $46.50 right now.

mintage? 1,000,000

the market price 1 year from now is yet to be determined.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weiss said:
    Awesome! Not a 3% premium or even a $3.00 premium over melt. Whoa no. Try a 300% premium. Literally three times the value of the silver in a just-produced, mass-produced, silver round whose entire reason for existence is as a non-numismatic, spot-value legal tender bullion product.

I can't wait to not order any!

I agree, they are a mass produced novelty with little aesthetic quality. They are a round.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would buy 1 or 2 pcs slabbed MS69 or MS70 IF the spotting problems on bullion didn't exist.

I can't see putting this kind of money into something that most likely will spot badly in a couple of years.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver Krugerrands should not have been produced in a sane world, but anything goes nowadays.

Somewhere, somebody is going to put some kind of light Gold finish on these Silver KrugerrandS and attempt a swindle.

The future will be very slightly worse with this kind of greedy short-sightedness.

• Options

I'm not here to throw anything in people's faces.

I just note that the silver actually has "R1" on it, which is quite low for a denomination.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

For stacking, I too will remain with ASE's..... I believe their liquidity is - and will be - better than any other round. Cheers, RickO

• Options

I like variety so the Krug in silver is good deal to me. I am of humble means and just got a Big tax figure in the mail. Cheers.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm probably crazy, but I just got an example. I guess $50 isn't too bad for a slabbed example:

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll bet the silver KRand will be more popular worldwide than our silver eagles.

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

We'll see. :wink:

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

At $50 for $17.75 worth of silver I don't understand the attraction. The springbok is nice, but......?

• Options
    edited September 13, 2017 4:09PM

Coins to commemorate earlier coins are mostly dumb; some of the Roman "Restoration" types under Trajan (and others) seem valid; maybe the 2016 Gold coins commemorating the new silver coins of 1916 will eventually pass the test of time because they mark an important moment in the artistic history of American coinage AND the new gold coins seem well executed. I am wary of a freakin' SILVER Krugerrand.

• Options

@RogerB I buy what I like and yes if all your interested in is the metal, I could say we have a lot of overpriced Morgans being bought & sold each day. To each his own. I buy what I like and don't spend too much on something I feel is to flip back to market. This one is staying until at least I meet my maker. I bought the Proof as well and I can say it was not 50.00.

I bought my cousins son a 2016 Congratulations ASE last year $64.00 from the mint and the 70's are selling for a few thousand this year. You just never know what will happen. Market always decides what is a good & what is a bad investment. Only time will say on the first year issues of the Krugs.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

Prices falling.

SD bullion has them for $43 and change right now.

• Options

@Kkathyl said:

I bought my cousins son a 2016 Congratulations ASE last year $64.00 from the mint and the 70's are selling for a few thousand this year. You just never know what will happen. Market always decides what is a good & what is a bad investment. Only time will say on the first year issues of the Krugs.

Presumably you haven't had that thingie graded, so you don't have a "70" as yet, and even if you did, you still have to find a greater fool to buy it at that high price. Not easy. So kid yourself, but you don't have all that much, maybe not even what you paid. Most modern novelties end up to be duds.

• Options

@Billdugan1959 well thanks for the Complement Bill it was rather unexpected. This Lady sure appreciates the positive input. Cheers

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks! Buying what you like is fine -- that's what collecting and enjoying are about. :)

• Options

this would have best been placed on the precious metals forum

• Options

Tuition is expensive and somebody is going to get schooled.

I've paid a fair amount and took my lessons to heart (and wallet).

Buy some real historic coins.

• Options

Thanks @MsMorrisine I will keep that in mind next time. I usually stick to my own page but the complements just pour in here. LOL I have to say you must have taken a few punches yourself to get to 21,204 posts.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

@Billdugan1959 if you had access to my PCGS registry I don't think you would be saying anything to me right now. I will leave it at that.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

Tuition can be very high for the stubborn and to those who ignore the signals/ the reality of collectibles markets.

I occasionally buy stuff like this Silver Krugerrand (but from Canada and the U.K.), and I get a bit of pleasure from ownership, but financially they are almost always duds.

This novelty stuff is consumption, not investment.

• Options

@BillDugan1959 I think the Canadian mint does really great work.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

The RCM is a great precious metals refiner and their designs are okay (often computer generated nowadays, it seems). I usually like their animal designs. But they have fallen into the trap of over-issuance of too many designs in any given year. They are also issuing on too many different standards of weight, fineness and denominations that do not correspond to any given logical monetary system.

I would not be surprised in some upcoming year that the RCM would issue five hundred new distinct coin types.

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because it's my experience that the B&M and dealers at shows like to sell TPGs enclosed bullion for $49.00 and buy it for $20. I find NICE COINS like this one to be too expensive. IMHO Too expensive.
    Great company MCM and have done business.

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillDugan1959 said:
    Tuition can be very high for the stubborn and to those who ignore the signals/ the reality of collectibles markets.

I occasionally buy stuff like this Silver Krugerrand (but from Canada and the U.K.), and I get a bit of pleasure from ownership, but financially they are almost always duds.

This novelty stuff is consumption, not investment.

I agree that tuition can be high for the stubborn. That includes those that fail to see the values realized and interest generated by certain foreign coins and random items like the 2016 Congratulations Set, which has paid off quite well for those that bought it from the mint. ;)

I also don't understand why people continue to bash or ignore large segments of coin collecting. Yes it is true that Canada, the UK, Australia, etc... releases many coins that go down in value. However, these countries do produce winners-some financial, some innovative. And many people enjoy these items and avidly collect them. The people/dealers that ignore this segment are some of the same that wonder why the coin business is struggling or why young/new collectors don't emerge. There are interesting items being produced worldwide and people like collecting them, yet they get bashed for following their passion? Something seems awry.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file