Home U.S. Coin Forum

Does anyone wear a coin ring?

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not mine, but I came across it on eBay. I'm curious to see what other members have!

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2017 7:37PM

The ring outshines the owner. It would look better if he has some nail polish.

Advice from a guy who used to run three costume jewelry stores by time square and a whole sale in downtown nyc. :p

• CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. My wedding band is a spooned 1892 Columbian half.

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2017 8:28PM

The OP ring is tacky in my opinion. Too big and bulky.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a bad photo shop job or someone dropped a coin on that hand. Doesn't look natural or attractive in the least bit.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

No coin ring for me. I do wear a holed 1833 bust half on a leather necklace off and on though. I used to have a necklace with an 1829 bust half, but lost it while snorkeling in Magen's Bay in St. Thomas.

• silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

no coin ring

but i do have my moms 1945 Mexican gold peso ring

• kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are actually kind of nice, of the 1 ounce ring looks huge. The 1/2 ounce proof looks really good, but I wonder how long that finish would hold up. 22 karat gold is really soft.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would think that the gold ASE would not hold up very well, but I do like it.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do occasionally wear a walking liberty half dollar made into a ring.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never had one.

• TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one that's my birth year coin. It's made from a 64 Kennedy half just like the gold coin ring above. I very seldom wear it.

Trade $'s
  • Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, but i have thought about getting one.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a coin ring in the Navy... .made it out of a WLH.... did not wear it though... looked too much like a wedding band .. :D Cheers, RickO

• labloverlablover Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but it's not located in a place the public can see. :o

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • JJSingletonJJSingleton Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those AGE rings look pretty nice. I'm not much of a ring guy though.

Joseph J. Singleton - First Superintendent of the U.S. Branch Mint in Dahlonega Georgia

Findley Ridge Collection
    About Findley Ridge

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I remember it I wear a 1903-S Barber Half made into a ring at shows!

@JJSingleton said:
    Those AGE rings look pretty nice. I'm not much of a ring guy though.

I really like the craft and talent that goes into creating really well made jewelry, but never wear any myself. Not even a watch!

• goldengolden Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kiyote said:
    These are actually kind of nice, of the 1 ounce ring looks huge. The 1/2 ounce proof looks really good, but I wonder how long that finish would hold up. 22 karat gold is really soft.

Very cool!

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a ring "spooned" from a Morgan minted 100 years before I graduated college but it's kind of bulky

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• BIGAL2749BIGAL2749 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭

I wore my wedding ring I made for myself that was made from silver US quarters.
    Wife's ring was white gold so polished silver looked the part especially since I mimicked the pattern of hers to match.

40 yrs ago dentist hadn't started wearing gloves so obviously not hygienic so knew I wouldn't be wearing a ring.
    After 6 hours I found it irritating and never ever put it back on.
    It is kept with wife's good jewelry in a SDB.

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have gold coins on my silver watch band. I love it.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a $1 Gold coin ring that I wore to shows. A relative stole it from our house about 15 years ago but we can not prove that he took it.

• SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

I almost never wear it, it's generally kept in a drawer, but I love Franklins, and it is my birth year...

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would wager that the AGE ring would hold up fairly well. The actual contact wear would be less than a pocket piece coin I'd think on average.

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not exactly a coin but emblematic of my favorite. I wear it 24/7.

• AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 947 ✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2017 7:06PM

The 1 oz Gold Eagle ring that was posted was one of mine! I also create gold rings (satin and polished finishes) from 1/2 and 1/4 oz gold eagles. They do seem to wear fairly well. I made my wife and I a couple for our latest anniversary, which she wears daily. They're neat conversation pieces that contain much of the original gold weight (14 grams for the 1/2 oz coin). Plus, the dates are great for many different sentimental reasons.

I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!

Those are really cool, AGFlyer!

Can you do .999 gold as well or is it too soft?

• AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

I could do the .999, but they would be too soft to wear frequently. The 22k Gold Eagles seems to stand up to everyday wear much better.

I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!
  • mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only piece of jewelry I've ever had is a wedding ring, and I don't even wear that.

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2017 3:24AM

My
    ring

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file