Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Forum Awards!

KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, and welcome to the Forum Awards! For the next couple days, you will have the opportunity to nominate and vote for forum users in a variety of categories (listed below). You can nominatesomeone by simply typing their name in the comments below, along with the category you are nominating them for. For certain categories, such as "most interesting thread" topic, I would highly recommend providing a link to the thread to help your case. You can vote for someone by either agreeing with the person nominating them OR typing their name into a new comment, which will count as a vote as well. The cutoff for nominations and votes is the end of April 1, 2017. At that point, I will tally the votes and will let you know the winners. You cannot nominate yourself, but you can vote for yourself. If you have any questions at all, please PM me or ask them in the comments below so we can get you voting ASAP. Now, for the categories:

• Most Interesting Thread (link recommended)
  • Funniest Post/Comment (link recommended)
  • Best Profile Picture (Post of picture recommended)
  • Best Original Research/Most Helpful Post/Comment (link recommended)
  • Make Your Own Category (If you feel there should be another category, simply post the name of the person you nominate and what category you have created that you think fits them. Please no trolling; I just wanted to add this in case there was a person you particularly wanted to recognize. If your created category gets 5 or more agrees, your category will become legitimate.)

Let's get started!

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2017 8:40PM

Person you wish would post more---- tie. Stewart Blay and Cardinal

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

CU's Best "coin-dip proponent": ricko

CU's Best "money is boring but my collection sure isn't": Tradedollarnut

Here are some ideas without my vote ;)

CU's Best "troll hunter": ?????

CU's Best "CAC hater": ?????

CU's Best "is that a troll or isn't it?": ?????

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, "Most Missed". Russ, The Accented Hair King.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2017 11:28PM
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2017 1:13PM

Great idea!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

This will be fun to watch.... I will have to think about it... I have already agreed with several above.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hchcoin said:
    Most missed --- Bear RIP

Good call, Bear could tell a great story.

I would like to second Charmy's show reports, they are wonderful.

What happened to the guy who wrote the book about modern's? He was good too.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would be fun to have a Best Cherrypick/You Suck! category. There are quite a few posters on here who spend tireless hours in Ebay and elsewhere, then they show up with a coin worth many times more than what they paid for, due to variety knowledge and just knowledge in general. I'm not talking about rip-off artists or scamsters, just very patient collectors.

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a category for someone who forgets stuff on a regular basis? If so, wait, where were we?

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2017 11:08AM

@Azurescens said:
    Is there a category for someone who forgets stuff on a regular basis? If so, wait, where were we?

Winner! Whoa, what wonderful wording with W's, wisely worked wordsmith. We whistle well wondering when we win with wiley willpower. Who would want white walkers with wavy ways wearing whantnot? Wait, what? Wow! Wink :wink:

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the prize?

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not bad for a wordsworthian wanderer, I guess.

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd give Colonel Jessup an award just for being a numismatic mystery man.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

_ I nominate Roger B. For "best original research". See the numerous post of the old mint correspondence he is saving and digitizing._

Second the nomination.

• Options
    OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know I'm overlooking or forgetting some great threads, but Bodin's posts about building a cabinet for his medal collection had me checking back frequently for updates, so that's my nomination for "Most Interesting."

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

What about "Best rookie poster" for new members (under a year).

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dpoole said:
    _ I nominate Roger B. For "best original research". See the numerous post of the old mint correspondence he is saving and digitizing._

Second the nomination.

I also second the nomination!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

Thank you for the input so far! Make sure to keep voting!

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

I nominate Bill Jones for the Bill Jones Award, morning coffee is 100 X's better reading his posts

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would also nominate Bill Jones for Most Relevant Coin Photos, for his ongoing contributions of great pictures of great coins that he posts in many of the topics that arise on the forum.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most Intelligent Sense Of Humor: Mark!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

For being the poster who has "Finally Posted His Own Coin Photos" using the new forum software I nominate - @SanctionII

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ms70 said:
    What's the prize?

A blivit.

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Highest average words per post. Roadrunner

Analyst if you include quotes, rebuttals and links

Mark

The biggest pedantic fart: justacommeman

For keeping track of such minutiae

:D

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2017 8:20AM

I am unable to nominate anyone specific for the awards since I am still unfamiliar with most of the members. However there are a few interesting categories that would be fun.

1 Captain Nuke= for identifying counterfeits sold on ebay. ( Credibility to call in reinforcement)

2 Lonely Man= for most disagree votes on this forum (Amnesty of being taking seriously)

3 Phat fingers = for most typos in a single post. (Amnesty of spelling mistakes)

Many more I can think of that would be on the border line of trolling.

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Most Intelligent Sense Of Humor: Mark!

Assuming you mean @Justacommeman

I agree! Even his name is clever!

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be hard to nominate the most interesting post. Many of those have been deleted!

• Options

This is the last day to nominate or vote so do it now!

• Options

Results coming soon!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

TomB for insightful numismatic commentary. LordM for storytelling. BillJones for coin quality assessments.... Broadstruck for token history...... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2017 7:18AM

@Justacommeman said:
    Best Defender of Moderns------Cladking. And he manages to do it with grace. I don't know moderns but I appreciate his posts

mark

I'll second that nomination. And agree.

And of course I am late to the party. Oh well.

Belated ditto on the Broadstruck token history nomination, though.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2017 7:20AM

@lordmarcovan
    Welcome back, even if only briefly.....do not be a stranger :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file