Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is the best way to sell unopened cases from 1970-1980?

Comments

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

Yes!

Then it'd be mostly crickets on this forum. Think how much time you'd save! Well with only 2 posts, probably not too much.

Message boards are great to allow anyone with an internet connection to pontificate what they'd do in any situation. The collector in me hopes some of these finds are real, all this negativity stems from jealousy...(disclaimer) in my opinion.

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    edited December 26, 2016 2:19PM

• Options

@RipublicaninMass said:
    90% of the boobs who've posted in this thread couldn't afford it at half bbcex buy price even if it was legit. However, I'm glad they are looking out for other members on the board

Pathetic

I just want a piece of the pie! BBCE, Fritsch,4SharpCorners,Heritage,JustCollect,Probstein,PWCC and apparently you could have the rest! Oh, what a d*ck response. :)

• Options

Thanks for the responses. I hope you all have had a blessed Christmas.

My grandson says that he uncovered 2 1970 wax cases and will set aside one to be opened for everyone here.

I will hand the event over to him and introduce you all to him soon.

God bless.

Jenny
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

@JennyF said:

His name is Rolo Tomassi.

God bless all of you blessed forum members. Your responses and support bring purpose to my life.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Dude in the green shorts could use a coupla Happy Meals.

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 26, 2016 3:58PM

@travis t said:

Dude in the green shorts could use a coupla Happy Meals.

He is on a hunger strike until we get some pictures............he is as good as dead.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

Here it is!

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭

@RipublicaninMass said:
    Yes!

Then it'd be mostly crickets on this forum. Think how much time you'd save! Well with only 2 posts, probably not too much.

Message boards are great to allow anyone with an internet connection to pontificate what they'd do in any situation. The collector in me hopes some of these finds are real, all this negativity stems from jealousy...(disclaimer) in my opinion.

It looks like RIM is in the market for a nice bridge. And best of all, money is (practically, I assume) no object! I imagine Jenny's grandson will be in touch with you shortly. Have the bank wire all lined up to go. Don't wanna miss your chance!

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

As 2016 draws to an end, so too do I hope this thread follows.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

@Dboneesq said:
    As 2016 draws to an end, so too do I hope this thread follows.

Well said Dr. Seuss!! :p

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

MLBfan- I about fell out of my chair with your picture.
    Jenny- 1970 Topps boxes are extremely desirable and are priced at a $20-25k per box to the right collector. Most true collectors of unopened boxes base their pricing on how many boxes exist. Seeing that you have 40 1970 Topps boxes the price just went down from 20-25 to $10K. Thanks for the heads up that these are out there. You saved me a ton of money.
    I am glad you are savvy enough to sell these all at once. You really know what you are doing.

Shane

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options

Thank you for all of the suggestions. Yes truly these are valuable and since there has been so much interest in seeing these cases I thought it was time to share one with all of you. I have been blessed by my husband's foresight and feel comfortable enough with the past months of sales to try and continue his passion for collecting by sharing a 1970 case with you.

I have arranged to have the boxes from the 1970 case sold starting April 2nd. You will have to be patient.

I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year.

God bless.

Jenny
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

What April 1st was booked already?

Kevin

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Close to April Fools Day

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭

i think 1970 had 24 boxes in a case and i think the case had red graphics on it.

like this:

• Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

Wow, a 1971 case! First time I've seen that. Do you have anymore pics of it?

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JennyF said:
    Thanks for the responses. I hope you all have had a blessed Christmas.

My grandson says that he uncovered 2 1970 wax cases and will set aside one to be opened for everyone here.

God bless.

Very excited for an introduction to your bo-hunk grandson and his friend. When you provide pics of the 1970 cases, can one of them be of the bo-hunk grappling with it?

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options

@JennyF said:
    You will have to be patient.

You will need to come visit us out here someday and take a little tour of the town. Being patient could make you an outpatient and being impatient could make you an inpatient. Or you could be patient like a Range Rover Mom with a barrel full of soccer brats. At the DMV. Better yet, become an L.A. Rams season ticket holder.

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully your grandson got an IPhone for Christmas. That would increase the chances of a photo of anything you have mentioned will actually show up on the board. I have $100 to any charity that a legit photo of Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster will show up before anything from "Miss" 867-5309. Why the mods have not shut this garbage down is beyond me.

• Options

There's always hope KC. That one day this whole shenanigan will turn up real and get a mention in Taking My Hacks. ;)

• Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

The funniest part of this thread is the avatar chosen to look like an old lady.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Jenny ... the purchase went very well. Thanks again.

Also, thanks for introducing me to the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause. They were both very nice. HAHAHAHAHA

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have pictures!!!! Apparently...they exist like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

Douglas, I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but that 77 case appears to be resealed, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

The Great Pumpkin visited here and told me what to expect in the case!

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

And to think, each time someone posts in this thread a beautiful little Angel falls from the sky and lands on a pitchfork. oops, another one.

• Options
    West22West22 Posts: 227 ✭✭✭

I second the request for this thread to die. mods...

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

I'm starting to think that Jenny may be legit. I asked her for a photo of her grandson and she replied with a photo just a week later. He appears to be a trustworthy young man that owns a card shop.

jg.jpg 220.6K
  • Options

It's always good fun to RickRoll a thread with Photoshopped images of young Peter Frampton.

• Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭

I heard that Wes Spence and Jenny are dating. Can somebody confirm.

Eyebone

"I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

@eyebone said:

Eyebone

Yes. This is accurate. They met on Plenty of Fish.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

In all fairness to Wes he showed up on my Facebook people you might know and he snagged a nice chick. Good for you Wes!

• Options
    edited January 9, 2017 2:44AM

@eyebone said:

Eyebone

It's Spece, not Spence. If you're going to be funny make sure your material is factually correct (and spelled correctly) before you post :)

• Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

Those of you calling for this thread to be shut down must be out of your mind. I can't remember ever laughing this much reading through a thread on the internet. Please let the bad theater continue. I can't wait to see what Jenny has up his sleeves in the next act.

The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ClockworkAngel said:
    Those of you calling for this thread to be shut down must be out of your mind. I can't remember ever laughing this much reading through a thread on the internet. Please let the bad theater continue. I can't wait to see what Jenny has up his sleeves in the next act.

This. +1

Kevin

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

Alas, while a Jenny/Wes union would be met by the collection community with great joy, it is assuredly a specious proposal at best.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ClockworkAngel said:

I must say the Great Pumpkin and Wes Spece references had me chuckling pretty hard.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

@Cakes said:

@ClockworkAngel said:

I must say the Great Pumpkin and Wes Spece references had me chuckling pretty hard.

What? No love for Rolo Tomassi as Jenny's grandson? Would Randall Stephens have worked better?

If you're confused, think LA Confidential and Shawshank Redemption, respectively.

• Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

My favorite is the name tag that says "Hello, my name is Jenny's Grandson". That's just gold. And the avatar of the little old lady for Jenny is classic

The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options

@TNP777 said:
    Alas, while a Jenny/Wes union would be met by the collection community with great joy, it is assuredly a specious proposal at best.

Nice work Geordie! I see what you did there--certainly can't speak for everyone else but at least i know i'm observant! B)

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

@georgebailey2 said:

@Cakes said:

@ClockworkAngel said:

What? No love for Rolo Tomassi as Jenny's grandson? Would Randall Stephens have worked better?

If you're confused, think LA Confidential and Shawshank Redemption, respectively.

I actually liked it too but not enough to overtake the Great Pumpkin.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    1957Braves1957Braves Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

I just want to comment to say I got to comment on this thread. Saying you got to comment will be something you'll be able to tell your grandkids about. Lots of people are going to say " Oh yeah, I commented on the Jenny thread", but how many really did? Sort of like how 400,000 people attended the Ice Bowl.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1957Braves said:
    I just want to comment to say I got to comment on this thread. Saying you got to comment will be something you'll be able to tell your grandkids about. Lots of people are going to say " Oh yeah, I commented on the Jenny thread", but how many really did? Sort of like how 400,000 people attended the Ice Bowl.

Or Woodstock.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

@1957Braves said:

In

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't expect to see any posts from me about this nonsense.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph