Options

How do you like the new site?

Comments

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

@thesouthdoesitagain said:

@TNP777 said:

@thesouthdoesitagain said:
    I remember the blue arrow box that takes you to the most recent response.
    Do we have that?? I cant find that feature, so that I don't need to scroll thru all the post.

Just click on the thread title. It'll automatically go to the first unread post. Much, much more convenient, imo.

Doest work that way for me, it directs me to the 1st post by the OP. Maybe that's a setting thing I have backwards.

hmmm... that's odd. I just tried on an 8-page tennis card thread. Viewed a page, went back and clicked the link and it went to page 2, went back and clicked the link and it went to page 3... did the first six pages just like that.

I can't see where there's a board setting to change that. I have no clue why it works for me but not you.

• Options

Thanks TNP...I found out why its doing that.
    When there that orange box (new) and says like 20 new or something...it takes me to the first post.
    WHen I returned to click this thread..however it does take me to the last response.

Collecting RC's (mostly 40-60's)
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

In a few months we will forget what the old forum looked like and appreciate some of the new features.

I read the target areas of "fixes" that Jackie referenced and look forward to the improvements.

I would really like if they could increase the size of the avatars - they're hard to see - and they're the way I "ID" people quickly for the most part.

Mike
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2016 2:32PM

I have to say, I'm used to looking north or south after posting to view other topics.

Now, I have to remember to LOOK RIGHT to make that selection and - possibly - do some scrolling.

Mike
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:

I would really like if they could increase the size of the avatars - they're hard to see - and they're the way I "ID" people quickly for the most part.

+10. It may not be possible, but it sure would be nice.

Kevin

• Options

Since the OP is actually a Poll - I want to say that it appears to be way easier to do one of these than it was with the old forum.

Mike
  • Options

@travis t said:
    I'm frightened.

https://youtu.be/i4Dc-J_mD7c

Mike
  • Options

Looks like the haphazard avatar sizing at in the "who's online" area has been fixed. Much better!

• Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Can I grab a picture from my computer? Lets see

1993 Pro Line Live Neil Smith Auto

I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options

@ChiefsFan1st said:

Guess not :/ Gonna have to figure out how this works.

• Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2016 6:00PM

Attaching an image from the PC is super easy. Thanks.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you re-upload your avatar, it should be larger per an admin post over on the coin forum.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have subtracted any posts from defunct forums like the old open forum, which is why post counts are lower.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Hmmm... I know I didn't have 1000-odd posts in the OF. Seems like it was blown up two or three years after I joined. Being a relative newb I didn't feel comfortable jumping in with peeps that had 50K posts and stuff, so I only dabbled there. Something else is impacting post count, too.

• Options
    edited October 12, 2016 7:07PM
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

As with anything new it will take some getting used to, but I think it will be great going forward.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2016 8:54PM

@ChiefsFan1st said:

@ChiefsFan1st said:

Did you select a scan from the "choose files" section? I usually have the stuff on my desktop and then brown/choose and then post here.

Mike
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

After that dismal Giants' loss last night, I'll need a few days before anything starts looking good.

But as a rule, I love change!

Nick

• Options

@TNP777 said:
    Any way to change the text size? Quoted material is a larger font. Seems like all text should be the same size, or maybe have the new comments be larger?

Ctrl + or Ctrl -

imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options

@Stone193 said:

@ChiefsFan1st said:

@ChiefsFan1st said:

Did you select a scan from the "choose files" section? I usually have the stuff on my desktop and then brown/choose and then post here.

I tried a pic. from the "my pictures" section of my computer. Lemme try a different one

file:///C:/Users/Charles/Pictures/1984%20Fleer%20#131%20Mattingly%20PSA%209.jpg

• Options

I tried a pic. from the "my pictures" section of my computer. Lemme try a different one

Edit: Nope that didnt work either. Oh well, I couldnt post pictures before very easily either.

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    They have subtracted any posts from defunct forums like the old open forum, which is why post counts are lower.

Thanks for the update on this issue!!

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it

• Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

I didn't join until just after the open forum was taken down so I didn't loose any post count due to that, but I did post some in the now defunct record forum, so I guess that's what accounts for my slightly lower post count.

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2016 9:10AM

Yep... 'twas pretty dead though.

A few of us posted stuff like this to it...

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... I have given this new format a few days. After kicking the tires and checking everything out, I must say - I like it! And with a new format, comes a new avatar. I had my Pink Floyd avatar for years. Time to change it up. I did however, keep the music theme.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can't jump to a specific page number now, which is a huge problem.
    If I've read three pages of a certain thread, then notice a week later that it is six pages long,
    how do I get to page four without starting over?

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@Darin said:
    You can't jump to a specific page number now, which is a huge problem.
    If I've read three pages of a certain thread, then notice a week later that it is six pages long,
    how do I get to page four without starting over?

Darin, if you've already read the first 3 page all you have to do is click the thread title. It'll take you to the first unread post on page 4 (or 3 if there was room to post on that page).

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Unless I am missing something, when looking at the list of all the threads, you used to be able to see who started the thread. It seems like that is missing and all you can see is who posted most recent.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

@Dboneesq said:
    Unless I am missing something, when looking at the list of all the threads, you used to be able to see who started the thread. It seems like that is missing and all you can see is who posted most recent.

Doug, this is what John, the admin over on the CF, had to say on this subject:

@John said:
    Noted, thanks! We're waiting on the vendor for this one but it's definitely possible in the software. Thanks for your patience :relaxed:

• Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

I will have to get used to it but it looks ok and if others like it that is a good sign.

aconte

• Options

<3 Looks great to me so far!

I like the clean new interface and especially how the site displays on mobile. It's a lot more usable. The "Save Draft" and "Preview" options for leaving comments is an added bonus.

Happy to be a part of the new site!

• Options

FYI: thread authors now show on the main page. Thanks for getting that done, admins.

Also, I imagine Jackie's inbox is starting to blow up right about now.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's great that you can post pictures without having to go the photobucket route. Much easier.

Daniel
  • Options

Looks good so far. It's much better than the old one already.

• Options

@TNP777 said:
    FYI: thread authors now show on the main page. Thanks for getting that done, admins.

YUP ... they are now there. Thanks John/Jackie!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2016 7:54AM

I posted this in another thread. Not sure in which thread it belongs. I have a few questions about the new format.

1. When you go to your private messages, you used to be able to go directly to a certain user whose name began with a certain letter. The alphabet was present and you could click on the first letter of a name and it would bring you to all your PMs whose user name began with that letter. Is that still available?

2. Not sure if it has been brought up, but when you got to a certain post count you were able to get a name underneath your avatar. The name disappeared.

3. Your PM post count used to appear in your PMs. I no longer see it.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, I'll say it - I dislike the new forum. The current layout is a huge waste of space, with the "forum" taking up barely half the width of the screen. Too much junk on the right side that just doesn't need to be there.

I also dislike the low contrast Apple-ripoff color scheme. Too much white and gray.

I'm sure there are things I will like going forward and I'll get used to it, etc, but right now I'm disliking it a lot.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I personally like the sites at net54 and blowout these days....maybe I will get used to this, maybe not.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    At first I liked it, but the more I poke around the less I care for it.
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    much better than the new iphone os, thats for sure.
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

not too shabby

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭

test

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

• Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2016 9:20AM

Don't like it, not a very efficient setup my eyes wonder all over place instead of focusing on the latest post.

Move the original posters Aviator off the post heading when reading the post heading my eyes are pulled
    to there aviator in other words the aviator and post heading are to close and are on same color background
    making it harder to separate.

Also have you have the month and day of post at the to right of each post that is fine but add the year to it.

Also if they could move the new Discussion List and Categories list on the left to the right side make it 1/3 of
    it's current size.

Also in the Categories List get rid of the amount of post in each that is worthless info you can't read more
    than one post at a time.

Also don't like how they have PM setup the old way 1000 times better than this new version.

Also move the Flag Quote · Disagree Agree Like LOL to the top of post just right of the post date.

Also at the top of each board if you can make it were we can collapse locked threads after we
    look at them that would be great I have OCD and can't stand looking at thing that I have already
    read and can't post on them. You are filling up the boards penthouse area with basement info. that
    I will never read again. And you keep adding new locked post in about 5 years half the first page will
    be locked post.

Also sideline pictures are to big and long again.

Also the light on lighter background makes it harder to focus and read.

Also I was over 1000 post going into the software change now I am back down to 900 an some?

Could go on and on but these are top things bugging me right now.

The only good thing I have seen from the new software is uploading pictures.
    Which should have been taken care of on the old software 5 years ago.

James

• Options

@bighurt2000 said:
    Don't like it, not a very efficient setup my eyes wonder all over place instead of focusing on the latest post.

Move the original posters Aviator off the post heading when reading the post heading my eyes are pulled
    to there aviator in other words the aviator and post heading are to close and are on same color background
    making it harder to separate.

Also have you have the month and day of post at the to right of each post that is fine but add the year to it.

Also if they could move the new Discussion List and Categories list on the left to the right side make it 1/3 of
    it's current size.

Also in the Categories List get rid of the amount of post in each that is worthless info you can't read more
    than one post at a time.

Also don't like how they have PM setup the old way 1000 times better than this new version.

Also move the Flag Quote · Disagree Agree Like LOL to the top of post just right of the post date.

Also at the top of each board if you can make it were we can collapse locked threads after we
    look at them that would be great I have OCD and can't stand looking at thing that I have already
    read and can't post on them. You are filling up the boards penthouse area with basement info. that
    I will never read again. And you keep adding new locked post in about 5 years half the first page will
    be locked post.

Also sideline pictures are to big and long again.

Also the light on lighter background makes it harder to focus and read.

Also I was over 1000 post going into the software change now I am back down to 900 an some?

Could go on and on but these are top things bugging me right now.

The only good thing I have seen from the new software is uploading pictures.
    Which should have been taken care of on the old software 5 years ago.

James

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKNX6dieVcc

Hi, James! :p