Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

How do you like the new site?

mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

How do you like the new site?

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

MUCH better...it's new and will take some getting used to but you can see it's a huge upgrade vs the older platform.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Much better, I applaud making it more user friendly by making it easier to post pictures as well as giving it a more "Facebook-esque" type of feel as well. Times are changing and I feel this is a more modern upgrade that was much needed.
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

So much cub to like and I've only been playing around with it for 15 mins. HUGE upgrade.

Kevin

• MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

I'm a creature of habit so naturally I don't care for it, but in time I'm sure I will get used to it.

I did notice while typing this that the auto correct spelling doesn't seem to be on with this new site. Not a big fan of that as I "fat finger" the wrong keys often and appreciate the auto correct.

• ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

Every time I try to upload an avatar, Firefox stops working.

• alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    So far so good.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

I'd like to change my answer based on the fact that I can now upload images.

LOVE IT!!

• mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2016 5:34PM

This new site sucks rocks!
    (just trying out the new strikethrough feature. :) )

• TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I see a Preview button. That's a huge step in the right direction.

Now I need to figure out where I put my Angie avatar on my computer.
  • robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2017 7:10AM

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robert67 said:
    Not having to use any photo hosting sites is my favorite new feature. Good job CU!

I agree! Huge improvement.

• bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

trying to get used to the threads, seems like maybe quotes aren't consistent in format? where it isn't highlighted or indented, they're a bit hard to read.

love being able to upload photos direct, that a HUGE upgrade and much better feature than just about any other board i use often.

definitely heading in the right direction here, hopefully the thread formats and layout will grow on me.

also just need to get familiar with where and how the old presentation of some things now appear, takes some time but first blush i'm pretty happy with the change.

The PM history appears to be jumbled and out of order chronologically, too. Does anyone know how to organize them?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2016 6:34PM

One thing I like.

You can post a youtube directly so there's no link to open.

https://youtu.be/6WTdTwcmxyo

Just "post" the youtube URL directly to your comment and it's live.

Mike
    edited October 11, 2016 6:22PM

Another thing I like is that I can pull a scan from my desktop or a file and pasting it direct rather than copying the URL and posting.

I picked this from my desktop so I'm assuming PSA is hosting it?

Mike

The direct upload feature is a huge upgrade, imo.

edited October 11, 2016 6:32PM

In the upper right corner - where the time is - if you make a post - that "gear wheel" is the EDIT button.

Mike
  • milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

I hate change, but like everything else I will get used to it.
    Robert

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net

I'm guessing some things are still migrating? Not that it's a big deal, but my post count is off by about 1000.

edited October 11, 2016 7:22PM

@TNP777 said:
    I'm guessing some things are still migrating? Not that it's a big deal, but my post count is off by about 1000.

They must have deleted all your posts about the Dodgers, Geordie, LOL..

@grote15 said:

rushes to see if my "why I love the Dodgers thread is still there....

.... and it is.

Whew!

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

The avatars are too tiny.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

edited October 11, 2016 7:37PM

Wonder if we will have the ability to hide forums we have no interest in reading? On both of the last site incarnations I had everything removed except Sports Talk, Set Registry, SC&MF, BST and a couple others. I'd like to have that same quick navigation capability. Otherwise, it seems to be a decent improvement on the last board.

• DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really like this new interface.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

Any way to change the text size? Quoted material is a larger font. Seems like all text should be the same size, or maybe have the new comments be larger?

• Like others have said it'll take a little while to get used to. Doesn't mean the change is bad, it's just that once you get used to a certain lay out...

• vols1vols1 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

How do I change the background color? And highlight every other post?

@vols1 said:
    How do I change the background color? And highlight every other post?

I'm not sure we're going to have those kinds of options. Although some of those functions might be unlocked once the main migration has been fully completed and major bugs worked out? I haven't see this board format before, so I'm not sure what it's capable of.

Has anyone else used this format elsewhere?

• travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

I'm frightened.

• sinoth23sinoth23 Posts: 152 ✭✭

Looks great...and user friendly. Agree with others on the photo sharing - big upgrade.

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@TNP777 said:

That is pretty funny! They have also added a like button for posts as well. Fairly intuitive to use all of the features as well.

• TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

So far, so good. I like the ease of avatar upload too. I was able to change mine with no problems.

• WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not fond of change w computers or software in general -- as my experience is people/companies change things just to change it, without a good reason. Microsoft Office or the Adobe Suite is a good example. I liked those packages better 5 years ago. But I will hold off on final judgement with this new forum until I get a bit more familiar w it.

• ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

I've been roaming around trying to figure out how to do this also. I found a "Mute" button at the top of categories, but it didn't seem to hide anything.

@TNP777 said:
    Wonder if we will have the ability to hide forums we have no interest in reading? On both of the last site incarnations I had everything removed except Sports Talk, Set Registry, SC&MF, BST and a couple others. I'd like to have that same quick navigation capability. Otherwise, it seems to be a decent improvement on the last board.

• ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Some great stuff here. I agree with what everyone else has said. This is leaps and bounds better than the last version.

One thing and this is nit picky...the page links that are at the top and bottom of threads are nice, but I don't like that the top page links on the first page show up after the first post, instead of before it. With some of our discussions that have very long first posts (break threads, FF threads, PIF, some player threads, etc.), you have to scroll down pretty far to get to the page links. It would be nice if it was at the very top of the first page. They are found there on the top of pages 2, 3, 4, and so on...just not the first page.

Also, Is it possible to have page links on the forum homepage for each thread? Sometimes, it is nice to jump to a specific page number from the thread list. This is not that important, so no worries if others don't want this.

• alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

Really like most of the site, but love the book marks.
    I miss the ability to hide forums I don't care about.
    I miss the ability to adjust page sizes (aka posts per page)

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page

I also went to edit part of one of my old posts and it told me the "Body is 1112 characters too long." I was editing a post that was already there, just wanting to change the title. So, it wouldn't let me do it. Can this be changed?

• @ugaskidawg I just doubled the "max comment length" - give it a try again and let me know if you still have a problem.

@John worked great. Thanks!

• bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

It's great so far. I haven't found a thing about it I don't like!!!!

Appreciate today-

Bill

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

What happened to my post count?? I am down by about 1,500 posts?? They did fix my icon though.

edited October 12, 2016 9:44AM

@TNP777 said:

Hiya Geordie - go to "Categories" - "PRESS" the gear wheel to the right and "mute" all the major categories or individual forums you don't want.
    Then when you go to this forum e.g. and look to the right, you won't see the "unwanted categories".

Also, probably like others, I bookmark this forum so I'm directly in it and never see the categories unless I log out.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. Now I understand how that "mute" feature works. I was hopeful that the unwanted forums would disappear on the "Categories" page, but it looks like muting affects the links on the right hand page of specific forums. Having the links on the right is different, but I can get used to that.

Just figured out how to use html to change text size and color. It's a little cumbersome, but effective.

Just figured out how to use html to change text size and color. It's a little cumbersome, but effective.

• I remember the blue arrow box that takes you to the most recent response.
    Do we have that?? I cant find that feature, so that I don't need to scroll thru all the post.

Collecting RC's (mostly 40-60's)

@thesouthdoesitagain said:
    I remember the blue arrow box that takes you to the most recent response.
    Do we have that?? I cant find that feature, so that I don't need to scroll thru all the post.

Just click on the thread title. It'll automatically go to the first unread post. Much, much more convenient, imo.

• @TNP777 said:

@thesouthdoesitagain said:
    I remember the blue arrow box that takes you to the most recent response.

Just click on the thread title. It'll automatically go to the first unread post. Much, much more convenient, imo.

Doest work that way for me, it directs me to the 1st post by the OP. Maybe that's a setting thing I have backwards.

Collecting RC's (mostly 40-60's)
  • dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

I like it. I think we'll get to look at pictures of cards and collections some didn't bother to post with the old system. Hope so anyway. I hope they can get the original poster of a thread to display because there are a few posters I tend to skip past.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball