Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

TruViews in: more of the herd graded: GTG

ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
Finally got results back from my submisson at the Baltimore show. Six pieces, all purchased PCGS originally, made raw for an album set for a number of years, and now resubmitted for registry and Truviews. Here is half of the submission. Take a stab at guess the grade. No peaking please. Commentary to follow.

Comments

• Options
    jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...

1913-S MS65
    1913-D MS64
    1916-D MS65

I could be low, they are pretty nice...
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,631 ✭✭✭✭✭

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS is all about luster on these....so I'll guess

63+

63+

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not got the brainpower for GTG right now (or even looking up the cert numbers), but I will say I love the look of that '13-S T1.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    barberkeysbarberkeys Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really nice half-a-herd.
    Vern
    l
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    65-63-63+
  • Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look better than they smell. The herd, that is.

oh image

edit to add my guess. MS 65, MS 64, MS 65, respectively.
  • Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All three pieces at least choice uncirculated....

Lovely '13-S type I....It's a gem IMO...

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't roller skate through that buffalo herd...really nice agglomeration of Buffs!
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    65, 64,64..... The '13S is really nice...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Thanks to all the commented. This half of the submission was selected for a reason. All were originally purchased PCGS 64 then made raw for an album. All three graded 63 on resubmission raw. This now brings my total tally of 50 previously graded coins that were resubmitted coming back as a different grade to 27. More than 50%.

My predictions I shared with other board members before these results came in were roughly as follows:

I figured the luster and eye appeal on the 13 S give it a shot and upgrade to 65. 63 makes no sense to me.

The 13 D is a darker coin making the 63 somewhat justifiable. But I had counted on the other outstanding attributes to keep it as a 64. Has a strike to die for and very clean services.

I always felt that the 16 D was a solid 64. There is nothing I can phantom to justify 63.

For the GTG I gather that most of you generally agree.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't grade these at all, but all are beautiful coins to me.
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins!
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the look of your 13-d type 2. A lovely Buff image They're all quite nice.
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 13-D type 2 is properly graded but I like it as a nice 63. Luster dampened but very clean and pleasant toning.

This is the date that made me a coin collector. My grandmother gave me a few older coins and this was one of them (maybe a very fine example or so). When I looked up the value in an old Stacks price guide, I was hooked.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This now brings my total tally of 50 previously graded coins that were resubmitted coming back as a different grade to 27. More than 50%.

If all 27 were lower, then you need to take a look at your buying habits. I have always considered it a better value to pay a bit more for a high end coin than to be a price buyer.

If a mix of higher and lower...well...I've always said that grading unc buffs is like a monkey throwing darts.... image
  • Options
    Originally posted by: tradedollarnut
    This now brings my total tally of 50 previously graded coins that were resubmitted coming back as a different grade to 27. More than 50%.

If all 27 were lower, then you need to take a look at your buying habits. I have always considered it a better value to pay a bit more for a high end coin than to be a price buyer.

If a mix of higher and lower...well...I've always said that grading unc buffs is like a monkey throwing darts.... image

The split is about 50/50. The saving grace in money terms are upgrades with big next grade up swings. This time was getting my 20s from an AU to an MS holder, joining my 14-d, 18-d and 19-d that had the same thing happen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file