Home Precious Metals
Options

Bay Precious Metals

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
I ordered a 10 oz silver bar on Jan 31, have not received it yet. Looking at the Ebay profile I note many negatives. I am working with Ebay to resolve issue. Just letting everyone know.

Comments

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭
    I've ordered many things from them on ebay and never had a problem.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: guitarwes

Likewise

I'm reading some of the neg fb, and must admit, there are numerous "brain dead" morons out there bidding on ebay items.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: thebigeng

I ordered a 10 oz silver bar on Jan 31, have not received it yet. Looking at the Ebay profile I note many negatives. I am working with Ebay to resolve issue. Just letting everyone know.

Weather related maybe? Where are they out of, some parts of the Country are dealing with extreme weather.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    The package is tracked to my hometown and stops on February 5th.
  • Options
    The package is tracked to my hometown and stops on February 5th.

Sounds like you've got an issue with PO tracking and not the seller, could be weather related.

• Options
    The seller is required by the USPS to initiate the investigation, as a buyer receiver I cannot do that. The seller produced the tracking number with their shipper, they have to initiate the claim and so far have not done so.
  • Options
    I have emailed them started February 7th the only response was to wait from someone named Jamie, Does anyone have their phone number?

THanks
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just called them about some auctions I won a couple days ago and my coins are shipping today. No indications of a problem. (888) 960-4880
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    The seller is required by the USPS to initiate the investigation, as a buyer receiver I cannot do that. The seller produced the tracking number with their shipper, they have to initiate the claim and so far have not done so.

Nonsense...the seller is not required to initiate a claim. Bullion is not insurable via the USPS, UPS or FEDEX. Insurance is only available if the item is mailed via registered mail. Most big bullion dealers, and they are one of the largest, are self insured. You will receive a refund if your bar is not delivered within a certain time frame. In addition, you can also file a non receipt claim with eBay. Again, after a certain time frame, you will receive a refund. I know it's a PITA, but patience on your end is required.

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Go to your postmaster have him track package , things usually move fast when I have had to.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree...contact your postmaster. The two times I have had issues, once I made this

contact, it was quickly resolved. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing but good from BPM here. Many purchases.

Just today received a $4k order from them. Purchased 2/11.

They are in Bridgwater, MA. Phone number on their invoices is 888-960-4880. My guess is they will do what it takes to to keep a customer and to avoid neg feedback.

Tracking indicates they did ship it and it is USPS problem. Don't hold it against BPM unless they fail to assist you.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    Thanks for the help guys ! Nothing yet, I have not left any feedback. I will give um a few more days.
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    I've ordered multiple things from them and had nothing but good transactions so far. I'm wondering if this is more a failure on the part of this "Jamie" person to contact you. Probably best to call them and let them know what they said. All I know is BPM will make it good one way or another.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Bay Precious Metals have a Web Site where you can buy cheaper than their eBay prices?

I Googled and could not find one?
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by: GRANDAM
    Does Bay Precious Metals have a Web Site where you can buy cheaper than their eBay prices?

Your answer is below

Link
  • Options

AKA Coins 'n Things - very big player

"Due to concerns about security, the company does not have a website."

U.S. federal government's largest supplier of precious metals.

One of only a dozen US Mint authorized bullion purchasers. This takes very big bucks.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    27 neutral/negatives with 6300 positives in last month is not really a lot. If you have USPS tracking to your post office, I would suggest you talk to your postmaster and possibly file a report with postal investigations for fraud/theft.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: OPA
    Originally posted by: guitarwes

Likewise

I'm reading some of the neg fb, and must admit, there are numerous "brain dead" morons out there bidding on ebay items.

one sees it all the time. its to bad to.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: derryb

AKA Coins 'n Things - very big player

"Due to concerns about security, the company does not have a website."

U.S. federal government's largest supplier of precious metals.

One of only a dozen US Mint authorized bullion purchasers. This takes very big bucks.

Wow, 6.5 bil in revenue.I had no idea they were that big! Again, I've had about a half dozen transactions and all positive.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

• Options
    double post

• Options
    Well, the post master looked at me like I was crazy today. You see I went down there because several member thought it would help. It didn't. He handed me back my paperwork and said "Your in the wrong place" "This is a UPS tracking number". "UPS handled your package and the hand off to the USPS did not take place"...He was right. It was shipped by UPS Mail solutions a supply chain part of UPS that works with the US mail system. I assumed it was USPS also as the first one I bought came that way. This package is gone. So then I did get an email from someone named Mary, then Ren. They are going to ship out another bar to me. So we shall see. I am being very patient.....
  • Options
    This is very hard to follow.

Now you're saying it was UPS that delivered it, was it to your house or to a P.O. Box you have at your P.O.?

If it to your house, maybe it was stolen from your mailbox/porch? I've had UPS deliveries that are barely in my yard let alone on my porch, they're horrible, that absolute worst. I will not buy from a seller, of anything, not just pm's, that insists whatever the item is must be sent using UPS.
  • Options
    He's saying he didn't get the shipment. It shipped UPS and in midstream was to be handed off to USPS for final delivery. USPS is saying they never got it from UPS.

When it is more cost effective for UPS to pay USPS to complete a delivery (out in the boonies, or whatever) they do so.

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I agree with POM.....very hard to follow.
    I now understand what the situation is but it was presented in a fragmented discombobulated manner.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    Originally posted by: derryb

He's saying he didn't get the shipment. It shipped UPS and in midstream was to be handed off to USPS for final delivery. USPS is saying they never got it from UPS.

When it is more cost effective for UPS to pay USPS to complete a delivery (out in the boonies, or whatever) they do so.

Thanks for the clarification, and to try and answer your question...I have no idea LOL.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Not hard to follow logistics. UPS contracts with PM company then sub contracts USPS more or less.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    They must read these boards or someone here reads it to them. I note in the sellers negative reply's that they are all dated yesterday Feb 17th.....So that means when I looked before and saw negatives with no seller responses I got worried. When I looked just now the seller had reasonable seller responses to the negative feedbacks on ebay. All where dated February 17th, they same day I posted this topic. Maybe this is a coincidence.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like shipping was done via SurePost~UPS is the initial carrier. They are responsible for delivering the package to your local PO and the USPS completes that last leg for delivery. Sounds like the seller is making it right in any case.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭
    They must read these boards or someone here reads it to them. I note in the sellers negative reply's that they are all dated yesterday Feb 17th.....

I understood everything until here.
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    Did you contact UPS? Seems like that would be a good place to start in trying to find the package?
  • Options
    Yes I have here is what is the UPS Site:

PORTLAND , OR, United States 02/05/2016 2:00 P.M. Package transferred to local post office

Portland, OR, United States 02/04/2016 2:26 P.M. Electronic Shipment Information Received for Package by Post Office

Auburn, WA, United States 02/04/2016 10:31 A.M. Package departed UPS Mail Innovations facility enroute to USPS for induction

02/04/2016 8:50 A.M. Postage Paid/Ready for destination post office entry

02/04/2016 4:03 A.M. Package received for sort by destination UPS Mail Innovations facility

Windsor, CT, United States 02/03/2016 1:15 A.M. Package transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facility

Windsor, CT, United States 02/02/2016 11:54 P.M. Package processed by UPS Mail Innovations origin facility

02/02/2016 7:51 P.M. Package received for processing by UPS Mail Innovations

02/02/2016 4:20 P.M. Shipment information received by UPS Mail Innovations

And yes Cu Kevin it is confusing... Bay Metals reads these posts. Or someone on this board works there or knows them..I did not get any action on this, real action until after my post here on this board on the 17th of February. Maybe this is a coincidence. My problem with Bay Metals is the lack of communication from them to me during this process on this tiny order. I hope it does not happen to anyone here ever.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    joe's woes… image
    Sometimes he thinks there's a thief in the midst.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

coins and things used to be a small coin shop right in the center of bridgewater run by an older guy. He was well regarded , I remember buying things from him and then many years later going back and the shop was gone.

If you looked on the internet it would still come up however as an active store. I had asked around at other shops and was told that the older guy had died and his son was running the business but it was not a retail shop anymore. Everyone had good things to say about the old man I don't know anything about the son. I heard that they were one of the parties that deal in bulk ASE purchases from the mint though , I remember hearing that at least 5 years ago , I'm not sure of the link to bay precious metals

I think they are located in a big brick building on route 18 now
  • Options
    PORTLAND , OR, United States 02/05/2016 2:00 P.M. Package transferred to local post office.

Sounds like it was scanned by UPS when it was dropped off and wasn't scanned in at the PO by USPS. Maybe by accident, maybe on purpose.
  • Options
    Yes Guitarwes you are right. I think it may have been stolen but I have no proof. I became concerned on the 8th or so or 9th and contacted Bay through Ebay. I didn't open a case until the 11th when no one got back to me. It is hard to make the events all clean and in order when all the information is no availalbe all at once. It has come to me piecemeal. The point is I was right about the "lost" package. They said they will make it good and send me a new bar. So I will not be leaving any negative feedback or even neutral. There is other info I have that best not be made public at this time frankly because it doesn't add up...This means what I am being told by seller and sellers shipper doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think its stupid of sellers to use these hybrid shipping services . I sell on ebay and whenever I'm shipping I tend to use a mixture of USPS and Fed ex so I always check every option for cost or delivery time advantages as a seller. Every time I look at something like Fed ex smartpost it is either more expensive than fed ex ground or it may be 50 cents to a dollar less but take days longer.

I cant understand why anyone would choose an option that saves such a small amount but add days to the transit time and add the risk of a handoff along the way.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: bronco2078

I think its stupid of sellers to use these hybrid shipping services . I sell on ebay and whenever I'm shipping I tend to use a mixture of USPS and Fed ex so I always check every option for cost or delivery time advantages as a seller. Every time I look at something like Fed ex smartpost it is either more expensive than fed ex ground or it may be 50 cents to a dollar less but take days longer.

I cant understand why anyone would choose an option that saves such a small amount but add days to the transit time and add the risk of a handoff along the way.

I believe the decision to hand off to USPS is made after the pickup by UPS and is out of the control of the shipper. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Options
    I believe the decision to hand off to USPS is made after the pickup by UPS and is out of the control of the shipper. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you're correct. It's a logistics thing that he bean counters at both services decided on.