Home Precious Metals

2016 Investment Contest !!!! FINAL standings posted!

WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 30, 2016 6:25PM in Precious Metals
Post your picks for the best investment ideas for 2016!

Post your picks for standard, trackable, fungible securities with published prices before the calendar changes to 2016, and let them run throughout the year. The goal is highest % increase in one calendar year. One entry per person. Post them here or send a PM. For those of you who pick something where a quote isn’t readily available on Yahoo! Finance, please post a link or website where it can be tracked. Examples from previous contests would include Greek 10 year bonds and bitcoins.

Same rules as last year. We'll start with a $9,000 portfolio (since it is evenly divisible by 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.).

To keep the list manageable, there is a maximum of 4 picks (naturally, performance of both good and bad picks will be "diluted" by diversification from more than one pick).

We'll assume even division among the assets, if more than one is chosen, unless some other proportion is specified before the deadline.

You need to advise me when a split or dividend happens.

We'll track the picks periodically throughout the year. I will commit to at least one update per calendar month. I would like to do it more often, but can’t guarantee that.

At the end of the contest, I will donate a 1 oz silver bar, ASE, etc. to the person with the lowest portfolio balance.

Here's to a profitable year, Have fun!

*NO naked puts.

Comments