Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is any one looking for the 2015 Homestead Nebraska quarter doubled die?

Comments

• RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just checked the Mint Sales Figures for HM1. There were 2,824 boxes of 100 quarters sold. Here are the results by week.

Sorry, I tried but couldn't get them to line up in a column

Week Ending

March 01, __ 1099
    March 08, __ 178
    March 15, __ 85
    March 22, __ 86
    March 29, __ 61
    April 05, __ 25
    April 12, __ <7> returns
    April 19, __ 30
    April 26, __ 955 Numismatic News article
    May 03, __ 37
    May 10, __ 30 = 2579 Backordered
    May 17, __ 275 = 2854 Back on sale & Sold Out
    May 24, __ <19> returns
    May 31, __ <3> returns
    June 07, __ <8> returns - Off sale

So based on the sales, my speculation, and the info provided by SCOTTYC.......

I'm guessing that the initial run of 2579 boxes contained the 004s. That would mean approximately 20% of 257900 = 51,580

Feel free to offer differing opinions >>

Of those 2,579 boxes, some are timed in the 10:00 hour, some are during the 1:00 hour. We already know there is a very slim, if any chance, of getting the 004 for the 1:00 boxes. I have never seen any in the 9:00 hour, though according to this thread they exist. I have also seen some 12:00 boxes. The 12:00 boxes contained them, but not at the same frequency. So, I would argue against 51,580 of them. I really think it is closer to the 20,000 range.

• PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭

<< <i>Of those 2,579 boxes, some are timed in the 10:00 hour, some are during the 1:00 hour. We already know there is a very slim, if any chance, of getting the 004 for the 1:00 boxes. I have never seen any in the 9:00 hour, though according to this thread they exist. I have also seen some 12:00 boxes. The 12:00 boxes contained them, but not at the same frequency. So, I would argue against 51,580 of them. I really think it is closer to the 20,000 range. >>

Ok; based on the percentages posted on here, that would mean that roughly only 1000 of the total boxes contained the 004. Provided the boxes were packaged in the order the orders were placed, that would mean that only the 1099 boxes sold on the first day of sale would contain the 004, yes?
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how this factors in to trying to get a fix on the number. But on Feb 10, at the Beatrice Nebraska Homestead launch, the Mint handed out 1,800 P mintmarks, and some contained the 004 error.
    That is correct. The variety was not just found in the bags, but rolls too.

Also, I have heard of people getting a mix of 1:00 and 10:00 bags. So you cannot go on the order and time of order.
    That's all good info, but I still don't get the math for 20,000. Math is based on facts; and right now all we have is the total boxes sold, approximate coins per box, and lots of speculation.

Would be nice if the owners of "the hoards" could give us more concrete numbers.
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Washington Quarter Collector and Registry player I still have not bought one of the 004.

Most of the Registry players will wait and buy the graded ones. A MS 65 will not be a money coin, there's way to many of these and not enough collectors.

Plus the fact that our host should NOT put any of these Varieties on a Label until they appear in the CPG.

There are many other coins in this series that our host has stated Many times, until the CPG were not going to Attribute.

I think its a cool Variety but I have opened 1 of my 2, 1:05pm Bags and did not find ONE that would have graded MS 67 at pcgs.

Way to many Bag marks.

I think there will be very few 67's and more 66's and alot of 65's.

There were no errors at all in the 1:00 box which kinda surprised me.

With all the different error's you would think all the bags would have some but they don't.

Will be interesting to see the final numbers someday and the grades they produced..Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

<< <i>I don't know how this factors in to trying to get a fix on the number. But on Feb 10, at the Beatrice Nebraska Homestead launch, the Mint handed out 1,800 P mintmarks, and some contained the 004 error. >>

Well, if we apply the percentages found in the boxes; then there were approximately 360 distributed at the launch ceremony.

<< <i> The person I know with 2,000 does not sell on eBay. >>

Rampage- Has he sent any in for grading? What's his highest grade, and how many did he get in that grade?

<< <i>

<< <i> The person I know with 2,000 does not sell on eBay. >>

Rampage- Has he sent any in for grading? What's his highest grade, and how many did he get in that grade? >>

He did, but I don't know the grades. I'll give him a call and inquire.

• dmarksdmarks Posts: 450 ✭✭
    Doubled message. sorry
    Did you know if they were all 004s and if they went to PCGS, NGC, or ANACs? For those of you not very active during the Wisconsin Quarter High Leaf/ Low Leaf variations (myself included), I just checked NGCs Pop report and they graded over 4700 High Leafs and 6300 low leaf varieties and those seem to have done very well. I tried finding out what pcgs graded but I am having trouble with their pop report.

<< <i>Did you know if they were all 004s and if they went to PCGS, NGC, or ANACs? For those of you not very active during the Wisconsin Quarter High Leaf/ Low Leaf variations (myself included), I just checked NGCs Pop report and they graded over 4700 High Leafs and 6300 low leaf varieties and those seem to have done very well. I tried finding out what pcgs graded but I am having trouble with their pop report. >>

They submitted all 004, but they only submitted 20 of them, and all to NGC. NGC has not posted their grades, yet, however. They also indicated that nice coins are very hard to come by.

Please keep us posted.image
    Is there still only one MS 67?

<< <i>Is there still only one MS 67? >>

No, there are five now.

<< <i>

<< <i>Is there still only one MS 67? >>

No, there are five now. >>

One MS 67 is for sale on Ebay.
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much?

Hoard the keys.
    The MS67 that is currently for sale on eBay is an ANACS graded coin for $995. I just looked it up. None of the NGC coins have been offered on eBay, yet. All grades up to and including MS66 have, but not the MS67.

<< <i>
    They submitted all 004, but they only submitted 20 of them, and all to NGC. NGC has not posted their grades, yet, however. They also indicated that nice coins are very hard to come by. >>

If we accept your estimate of apprx 20,000 004 errors. Your friend owns 10% of the total population of 004's.

He only submitted only 20 of his 2,000 004's. That's only 1%!

To say that nice coins (MS 67) must be very hard to come by is an understatement.

Rampage- still just five MS67? I can't check without cert #.
    Updated NGC pops:

MS67: 5
    MS66: 113
    MS65: 425
    MS64: 263
    MS63: 50

Total: 856

The article says that Coneca has one more listing than Wexler; does anyone know which one it is?

Numismatic News

<< <i>Updated NGC pops:

MS66: 113
    MS65: 425
    MS64: 263
    MS63: 50

Total: 856 >>

Still only 5 MS67 WDDR 004.

A big dealer has one MS 67 for sale. He has 8 MS66. They're ANACS, so about the same ratio of 66 to 67 as ATS.

<< <i>A big dealer has one MS 67 for sale. He has 8 MS66. They're ANACS, so about the same ratio of 66 to 67 as ATS. >>

The asking price for that ANACS MS67 started at $1,000, then he dropped it to $495. I have a feeling if it was an NGC or PCGS MS67, that price would have it sold pretty quick.

<< <i>

<< <i>A big dealer has one MS 67 for sale. He has 8 MS66. They're ANACS, so about the same ratio of 66 to 67 as ATS. >>

The asking price for that ANACS MS67 started at $1,000, then he dropped it to $495. I have a feeling if it was an NGC or PCGS MS67, that price would have it sold pretty quick. >>

Right, $495, that's the cheapest one. The big dealer is asking $995.
    NGC updated pops

MS66: 141
    MS65:874
    MS64:407
    MS63: 67

Total:1494

66s and 67s on these are going to be worth some serious money if anybody cares about this coin.
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>NGC updated pops

MS66: 141
    MS65:874
    MS64:407

Total:1494

66s and 67s on these are going to be worth some serious money if anybody cares about this coin. >>

Thanks for the updates on the pops. I wonder if these will ever make it into PCGS holders... The pops so far are quite small, Im wondering when we will find out the true mintage for this error. Its a pretty neat error!
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
    Also to add that there are very few 004s on ebay atm. Julian has his up for $995 in ANACS MS67. Will be interesting to keep following the pricing on this.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

<< <i>Also to add that there are very few 004s on ebay atm. Julian has his up for $995 in ANACS MS67. Will be interesting to keep following the pricing on this. >>

Another one is $395.

Thanks for the pop update.

Only 5 67's out of 1,500. oy vey.

NGC updated pops

MS66: 143
    MS65:891
    MS64:643

Total:1749

<< <i>The NGC Pop Report already has grades popping.

2 in MS67
    27 in MS66
    13 in MS65
    5 in MS54
    1 in MS63 >>

^That was from 2 months ago. Just 5 MS67 after 1749 graded.

<< <i>

<< <i>The NGC Pop Report already has grades popping.

2 in MS67
    27 in MS66
    13 in MS65
    5 in MS54
    1 in MS63 >>

^That was from 2 months ago. Just 5 MS67 after 1749 graded. >>

What are your thoughts Hammer? As I said a while back, I think the high grade examples are the real winners on this and the rest will languish as there will be more around than there are collectors. Either way, its a cool error and Im happy I got em.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many are you sitting on? I've got two raw examples.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
    Bought a set of 20 off ebay right as it started to take off for $10 each. Id say 3 are significantly nicer than the rest and have a shot at 67

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    Why the excitement over these (77 identified errors, by Wexler, so far); mostly various doubled window panes (dots and dashes)? So many that are promoting these here have slammed the '09p lincoln cent doubled dies as being insignificant because of the numbers of varieties found and being difficult to see without a loupe. These also seem to be plentiful; not rare at all. This is just a curiosity. How do these compare in significance, leading to hype and excitement among collectors, to other single squeeze doubled dies? I agree that the 004 is the best and wouldn't mind finding one in my change. Good luck all in your searches!

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    184 + 1= 185

I'm from nebraska. The original home of kool aid.

HE>I

<< <i>

What are your thoughts Hammer? As I said a while back, I think the high grade examples are the real winners on this and the rest will languish as there will be more around than there are collectors. Either way, its a cool error and Im happy I got em. >>

The WDDR-004 is the only America the Beautiful quarter (2010-2021) that NGC has recognized in 5 years. It is NGC VP-001. This is very significant as being the sole attributed variety.

I agree the 67's should go for good money Especially considering out of 1,982 WDDR-004 coins submitted to NGC only 5 have come back MS-67.

No WDDR-004 NGC 67 has ever been for sale on Ebay.
    I misspoke, the first NGC 67 just hit Ebay.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice PCGS sale at $70.75:

Text
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
    I was one of the bidders on this coin as I have still not bought one. I thought it was a fair price as it would cost another 40 to 50 bucks to get into the right slab.

Its gonna be another year before they hit the books. Plus it depends how many MS67 get graded at pcgs, looking at my bags most coins had alot of nicks and scuffs.

Nice job to the seller and the buyer.......

Enjoy image

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
    Since this thread is already at the top, here is the population for the NGC graded coins:

MS67 7
    MS66 174
    MS65 1134
    MS64 829
    MS63 82
    MS62 6

Grand total: 2,232

<< <i>Nice PCGS sale at $70.75:

Text >>

I wonder when the seller discovered he wasn't going to get a WDDR-004 variety attribution on the slab?

Doesn't make sense to send in a MS-66 with no attribution label. Hard to say he knew this ahead of time, and was going to resubmit when PCGS recognized this variety. Because this is a 2015 coin, he sure didn't hold it very long if that was his plan.

<< <i>

Text >>

I wonder when the seller discovered he wasn't going to get a WDDR-004 variety attribution on the slab?

Doesn't make sense to send in a MS-66 with no attribution label. Hard to say he knew this ahead of time, and was going to resubmit when PCGS recognized this variety. Because this is a 2015 coin, he sure didn't hold it very long if that was his plan. >>

Have the new listings for the ATB quarters in the CPG been released yet? IF not, maybe there is still hope and then the new owner can resubmit. Depending on what the seller got the coin for (either out of a fresh bag or roll or circulation), he may not have much in it. Moderns are graded for $16.00 each. I checked the surrounding cert IDs and that was the only ATB quarter. Everything else was a hodgepodge--some neat stuff, some ho hum.

<< <i>

Text >>

Doesn't make sense to send in a MS-66 with no attribution label. Hard to say he knew this ahead of time, and was going to resubmit when PCGS recognized this variety. Because this is a 2015 coin, he sure didn't hold it very long if that was his plan. >>

All I can tell you is there are a few of us who are collectors, and yes after the new CPG comes out next year and if they put it in there, a MS 66 might not be a top pop but will fill the hole in the registry set. I and others have many coins that we hope someday are added to the new guide, and sometimes its better to buy them Before......And the listing clearly stated it is the 004 and NOT on the label...another 30 bucks when sent in with others and postage.....Close to the right price. Can you imagne what a 67 in a PCGS holder will be. The pops for the homestead quarter AT PCGS is....How many varieties do you think are already sitting in these holders...14 MS 67 and 99 MS 66 and 10 MS 65 and a few MS 64. Enjoy image

Link to My Registry Set.

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> after the new CPG comes out next year >>

???

I don't think there will be another one for a few years. The one that was just released (still waiting for my copy to arrive) was the first since 2012. I don't know how much value (other than the 004's) these will hold. I see the bulk of these errors being

given away on the bay already for next to nothing. Too much of a glut probably. I bought one raw sample of the 004 and wouldn't give it much of a chance to break ms64. I'll hold onto it as a novelty but don't see a super future for it.

<< <i>How many varieties do you think are already sitting in these holders...14 MS 67 and 99 MS 66 and 10 MS 65 and a few MS 64. Enjoy image >>

How many of these are 004?

• << <i>

Text >>

To answer your question I already knew PCGS wouldn't attribute and this was simply a for fun tag along to an economy submission. The rest of the sub, (minus) - the franklin were and are varieties. all picked raw including a 64 CAM superbird. For the homestead coin, I only had small change in it. So there was no grand plan, the coin is what it is, regardless of attribution, or lack thereof. Weird listing though, had almost 350 views and 35 watchers. Lastly, I did once sell a tomato on Ebay for $120, and thought this coin had a shot to beat that sale.

<< <i> Weird listing though, had almost 350 views and 35 watchers. >>

Thanks for answering.

That is an obscene amount of watchers for your unattributed coin. Makes me wonder what an attributed WDDR-004, PCGS 67 would go for?
  • That's what I thought, a lot of watchers for "any" auction...I watched it at the end anticipating any kind of bump up....and nothing happened...image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file