Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is any one looking for the 2015 Homestead Nebraska quarter doubled die?

1235»

Comments

• leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Featured in Numismatic News

Lets' see how fast this gets into the CPG (stepping on beard) image >>

I don't see how this is a double die. Doesn't the entire coin need to show doubling? It looks like someone in the retooling room got cute and cut in a reflection in the window.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can try to gauge everything, but with this hobby, … time always tells. And who's having fun ? People who enjoy the hobby. Nice to see the Huskers win one image (barring football this year)

HE>I

• OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    $335 for the 67 isnt a bad price realized on this error. Thanks for the link.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭

<< <i>

I don't see how this is a double die. Doesn't the entire coin need to show doubling? It looks like someone in the retooling room got cute and cut in a reflection in the window.

Leo >>

I'm surprised that you'd say this. Sure the most dramatic doubled dies affect all devices, but there are many notable/valuable doubled dies that affect only the date or motto.

This one will have an avid following.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Papi for sharing this sale...
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Leo >>

I'm surprised that you'd say this. Sure the most dramatic doubled dies affect all devices, but there are many notable/valuable doubled dies that affect only the date or motto.

This one will have an avid following. >>

Did a transparency pic, well, with another image I found on the internet and was amazed how everything lined up exactly. But I just think there would be more detail in a broader sense. For instance, why doesn't the plunger bar below the two bars also show in the next window pane below to some degree, even if slightly faint? Anyway, an interesting variety.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• dmarksdmarks Posts: 450 ✭✭
    Its nice to see a 67 sell that high. I have some NGC 65 and 66s for sale. I think I am going to try to get $85 for a 65 and $125 for a 66. Does that pricing seem fair?

<< <i>Its nice to see a 67 sell that high. I have some 65 and 66s for sale. I think I am going to try to get $85 for a 65 and $125 for a 66. Does that pricing seem fair? >>

NGC or ANACS?
  • dmarksdmarks Posts: 450 ✭✭
    NGC. I know everyone thinks 65s are common but the population reports are definitely skewed higher by submissions where coins that don't get slabbed because their grades are too low. As always, these rejects are sold as raw on Ebay.

<< <i>Its nice to see a 67 sell that high. I have some NGC 65 and 66s for sale. I think I am going to try to get $85 for a 65 and $125 for a 66. Does that pricing seem fair? >>

One NGC66 starting auction price of $149. I don't see any others listed or sold in NGC66.
    NGC 66 VP-001 (WDDR-004) just sold for $159.
  • unclebobunclebob Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    fwiw... be patient

After owning them for 20 years I just sold a MS Lincoln 1995 DDO in the raw for $18

Lost $182

I've got three more to sell... LOL
  • OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

reviving an old topic. is there still a market for these ddr's (especially the 004) I don't see many listed on Ebay but thought they were hot errors at one time.

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2016 10:30AM

ha ha...apparently not so hot these days...zero replies....the reason I asked is I just picked up two boxes of the Homestead HM1-P sealed mint boxes dated 2/2 in the 10:30 am time frame and thought these might have the Wddr-004's in them from reading past threads on this forum. I kind of answered my own question about values though by looking at recently sold listings on Ebay. I also went to Wexler's site and was amazed (shocked) that there are 162 identified varieties of these. Well, wish me luck, hoping to get the 004's. Was I right about the date and times on the boxes that the 004's were found? Seller assures me these are original, untampered with, sealed boxes. I'll know soon enough... :smiley:

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey I remember this one. Let us know how you do I steel think they are cool and have fun looking.

Hoard the keys.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have not found one of these yet.... actually, kind of forgot them.... well...I have a ziploc bag of quarters....the large size... so I can look through them.... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file