Home Precious Metals
Options

Puerto Rico

rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
I'll be the 1st to commentate that this maybe the big canary that could pummel pm's...
Alot of hedgies on the hook, how it's handled will be big...all hush hush right now ...
Could crush liquidity...
keceph `anah

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll be the 1st to commentate that this maybe the big canary that could pummel pm's...
    Alot of hedgies on the hook, how it's handled will be big...all hush hush right now ...
    Could crush liquidity... >>

Maybe, but 70 billion is small potatoes in the scheme of things unless there is a Domino affect i/e California, Michigan, Illinois etc.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bag full of small potatos can be a pretty big bag to peel.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'll be the 1st to commentate that this maybe the big canary that could pummel pm's...

Maybe, but 70 billion is small potatoes in the scheme of things unless there is a Domino affect i/e California, Michigan, Illinois etc. >>

Eyeroll, the implosion of a hedgefund is immaterial to i/e California, Michigan, Illinois etc... I don't see how your thought process on this one works.....
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Maybe, but 70 billion is small potatoes in the scheme of things unless there is a Domino affect i/e California, Michigan, Illinois etc. >>

Eyeroll, the implosion of a hedgefund is immaterial to i/e California, Michigan, Illinois etc... I don't see how your thought process on this one works..... >>

My line of thought was: PR going bankrupt. What kind of hedgefund exposure are you talking about?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Refer to original post...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    "Maybe, but 70 billion is small potatoes in the scheme of things unless there is a Domino affect i/e California, Michigan, Illinois etc. "

California is fine....Gov Brown at the helm.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been to Puerto Rico a number of times. Like everywhere else on Earth and the rest of the Universe, it's a package deal. Ya takes the good with the bad and do yer own math on the relative merits for you.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Greece, they cannot print their way out unless they leave the "union." More likely they'll join officially to get what's needed to bail them out.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lived and worked in Puerto Rico for almost three years.... and other than tourism and some beautiful women, they have nothing to offer... Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>I lived and worked in Puerto Rico for almost three years.... and other than tourism and some beautiful women, they have nothing to offer... Cheers, RickO >>

Lol, they had some bond offerings though don't forget...lol...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One way or another the US will bail them out. It's not a country you'd want anyone else to come in and pick up. A well positioned, strategic island in the Eastern Caribbean. What difference does it make if the US debt goes from $18.326 TRILL to $18.414 TRILL? If there are derivatives linked in there that run back to the US banks....they will be handled similar to AIG.

$370K in national assets per US citizen $819K in liabilities per citizen. Puerto Rico should shore up the difference. image

Debt Clock
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold