Home Precious Metals
Options

Just shorted Boeing at $133.06

13»

Comments

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thank you guys for answering my question earlier about "shorting a stock" .
    I have much studying to do with regards to the stock market and investing.

In addition and with regards to a question asked earlier, here is an update through my message box in EBAY, received today:

"Hey Twosides. A couple of the posters on the precious metals forum are looking for me. On Tuesday I tried to log in after a long weekend off and apparently got banned. All is well and if you could pass the message to a member or two on the PM forum it would be appreciated."

~MGlicker~ >>

Hope to see you again sometime MGlicker! Don't sweat shorting Boeing either, I've learned more from my mistakes. image
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $157 now.. a new high on positive comments

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$157 now.. a new high on positive comments >>

Up 20% in the last 30 days. image
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Article in Barron's this weekend with target price 196-200.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Article in Barron's this weekend with target price 196-200. >>

Wow, what a bad call to short this!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exhibit A as to why those who believe they know better often don't.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got to give credit to MGL. He held true to form...wrong in all of his hype and non PM related imminent world wide doomsday threads. still batting 100%. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Give credit where it is due. He had the balls to post what he was doing BEFORE he claimed to have done it. Regardless right or wrong.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options

<< <i>Give credit where it is due. He had the balls to post what he was doing BEFORE he claimed to have done it. Regardless right or wrong. >>

That is no reason to give him credit.

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Give credit where it is due. He had the balls to post what he was doing BEFORE he claimed to have done it. Regardless right or wrong. >>

lol, where has america gone?...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>

That is no reason to give him credit. >>

Judging from how it has been going on the forum, most post AFTER that they "made" a good sale, successful trade etc, not BEFORE. As it turns out his trade was not a good one, but the credit that i was referring to was the fact that he hasnt come in here after all the bashing and make excuses for the trade etc. That isnt the norm for some people that frequent this forum. So many quick to jump on a bad deal, yet most forget or dont even respond to the good trades/sales.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Judging from how it has been going on the forum, most post AFTER that they "made" a good sale, successful trade etc, not BEFORE. As it turns out his trade was not a good one, but the credit that i was referring to was the fact that he hasnt come in here after all the bashing and make excuses for the trade etc. That isnt the norm for some people that frequent this forum. So many quick to jump on a bad deal, yet most forget or dont even respond to the good trades/sales. >>

He needs an alt to be able to come back.image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Judging from how it has been going on the forum, most post AFTER that they "made" a good sale, successful trade etc, not BEFORE. As it turns out his trade was not a good one, but the credit that i was referring to was the fact that he hasnt come in here after all the bashing and make excuses for the trade etc. That isnt the norm for some people that frequent this forum. So many quick to jump on a bad deal, yet most forget or dont even respond to the good trades/sales. >>

I do appreciate what your saying, but I wonder what his motives were to make a post like that anyway. MGLICKER threw out so much investment advice and econmic opinions so often on these boards and was so wrong in his assessments that to post a trade like shorting BA I thought was like the other hogwash he spewed and akin to bragging. Just my sense.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I do appreciate what your saying, but I wonder what his motives were to make a post like that anyway. MGLICKER through out so much investment advice and econmic opinions so often on these boards and was so wrong in his assessments that to post a trade like shorting BA I thought was like the other hogwash he spewed and akin to bragging. Just my sense. >>

No clue on motives, just looking at what was presented.

He isnt the only one that spews tons of investment advice on here, right or wrong. Just sayin...

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

He needs an alt to be able to come back.image >>

Hmm maybe thats why hes been quiet and my logic is flawed image

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously his timing was off in this imaginary market.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Goldman Sachs came out a few days ago with a SELL opinion and 132 target, fwiw.

• Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    If I'd seen this sooner, I could have helped him out and bought a few shares.
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Advice on this forum is worth what it costs.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Goldman Sachs came out a few days ago with a SELL opinion and 132 target, fwiw. >>

That cause they are buying it...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Still a bad call...Boeing is still above the short entry price even after another 3.5% drop today!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    Not anymore. ( $131.62)

Same would have been applicable to most DOW stocks. The long overdue correction has finally arrived. My guess, we have another 5%-10% to go.
  • Options
    The long overdue correction has finally arrived

Thank goodness! These markets really needed to take a breather from their intermediate-term trends, for the sake of their long term health.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP would have had to pay the dividend out as well so his cost basis is higher then $133.06.

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    cover!

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good call
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Who da dummy now??? image

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plunge Protection Team to the rescue.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who da dummy now??? image

image >>

That was over 7 months ago. Will a broker carry somebody that long [NPI]?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    As long as you pay the divs out and pay margin interest along with any cash call, theoretically you could keep the short as long as you like.

The reality is, almost no one will keep a losing short for long in these conditions.
  • Options

<< <i>As long as you pay the divs out and pay margin interest along with any cash call, theoretically you could keep the short as long as you like.

The reality is, almost no one will keep a losing short for long in these conditions. >>

+1 no one does that!