Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thursday at Long Beach

ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
It did not seem as busy as October. The plethora of gold, Morgan and Peace $s, and Walkers, all in various grades of Unc. were there, as usual. Lots of Commems. Saw a number of Liberty Nickels in PC 5 holders, but slim pickings in PC 6. Ditto re Capped Bust Halves in PC 5.

It seems that if I am not looking for a particular coin, it is available. The soon to be auctioned Registry Set of Barber Dimes was at the Heritage Table. Frisco Mint had the most extensive selection of old (and expensive) copper, although I did see a handful of very nice Draped Bust Large Cents in MS 64 holders, elsewhere. Later date Large Cents in all grades and colors were available. Lot of Unc. IHCs in all colors. Head to Rick Snow's table for the most complete selection, and don't forget to visit Charmy. Illini Mike had a good selection of Unc. early 20th century coins.

There were a number of MS 65 and better 2 Cent Pieces in all colors available. One dealer had a row of PF 65 and better Three Cent Nickel coins in his case. Unc. SLQs were available, but not as many as I have expected to see.

Again, Dustin Massie had the most complete run of Barber Halves in MS 64 - MS 66 available. If you were looking for an MS 65 Barber Half, there were a number of them available at various other tables as well. Dick Osburn had the most circulated Capped Bust Halves available, with Sheridan Downey having a number of AU and lower grade Uncs in his case.

Circulated Seated $s were available. Don Rinkor had a number of mid-grade Unc. Trade $s. I actually saw three Unc. Bust $s.

Highlights of the show were getting together with Col Jessup, speaking at length with Tom Reynolds, and speaking with Todd's father about his upcoming vacation. And a thank you to Heritage for helping me with respect to an on site auction lot consult.

I did not buy anything at the show, sold a roll of Unc. Lincoln cents, and have a bid in on a lot at the Heritage Signature Sale.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
"Seu cabra da peste,
"Sou Mangueira......."

Comments

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good report, and well detailed - thanks!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the nice report!

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Good report, and well detailed - thanks! >>

+1
    Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good report...first one...thanks, Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    KRANKY you are exactly right, collectors should think before they spend with a dealer and best to find a dealer to deal with on a regular basis.
  • Options
    StratStrat Posts: 612 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info Elcontador...I went to Don Rinkor's table today and picked up several nice PCGS circ Seated Dollars!
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Informative summary. Thank you.
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the good report!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file