Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

FINAL UPDATE: Charmy's Pawn Stars Filming/Las Vegas Show Report w/Lots of Pics!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It looks like it is designed to blow when you push it down and when you release it.

And did anyone offer Rick a Riccola for his wheezy cough laugh while you were there?

No, I gave up the whole trip to Vegas. Still coughing, so I am glad I chose not to go, although I hear that a few Irish Car Bombs work great as a cough suppressant. >>

for those dry coughs, I give my kid a shot of chocolate syrup (no joke) to get the throat phlegm-y again. It's very short lived and works just before bed.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool! Congrats! Can't wait to see your segment on tv.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    edix2001edix2001 Posts: 3,388
    I just saw a photo by Tim Grat, former chief coiner at the Gallery Mint Museum, now at Sunshine Mint. He was at that pawn shop today as his company was providing a medal to the old man there. Also on hand was Randy Travis and, allegedly, the band Korn.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great meeting you Charmy, and meeting Lasvegasteddy at your table.

You certainly have a lot of sense!

bobimage

PS: good luck at the poker tables!
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    Very cool Charmy!

Regarding that confidentiality agreement, perhaps you want to go edit your previous thread on this subject? Or was it more of a 'from this point forward?'
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pawn Posers! Hey, I got an idea, lets produce a reality(?) show, where everything is staged under contract before we even turn on the cameras! The sheeple will gobble it up!

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charmy, what I really want to know is how you did at the poker tables ............. image
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob, they can't make confidentiality agreements retroactive, but in any event, I did tell them I had already posted my item online and discussed going to film at Pawn Stars.

Coindeuce, from my experience filming at Pawn Stars and personally seeing how the show is run behind the scenes, I think your impressions of the show are a bit tainted. As I mentioned, I can't discuss details until after the show airs (mostly because they don't want me to "spoil" my episode by telling everyone what happened before it has a chance to air) but I can say that I had a woderful experience and it enhanced my view of the show. By the way, Corey was the only one at the Pawn shop when I was there filming so I didn't get to meet any of the other Pawn Star "stars."

Errors, I am ahead playing poker but behind playing everything else - argghhh! I'm staying at the Rio and they don't have any limit games (which is my preference) so I was playing all their other table games (Ultimate Texas Hold-Um, Texas Hold-Um Bonus, 3 Card poker, Pai Gow, and Black Jack) and not doing so well. But after I set up at the show at the Palace Station, I went to their Poker Room and found they have a fun 4-8 limit with a half kill game, and I've done quite well there. So I think that's where I'll be spending most of my non-show time until I leave!!
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charmy, stick to the poker, you are playing against other players and not the house. Poker players only pay the house "rent"

I am up big time this year with poker, I hit the small share (winning hand with A A A A K) of a bad beat jackpot last week and got a 20% share.

Plus I am up on my without that nice addition.

I am trying to talk my wife into letting me a part time pro player ......

lol
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Apparently what happens in Vegas no longer stays in Vegas... >>

Not everything that happens in Vegas needs to stay in Vegas!
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing. This is my favorite among your posts yet Charmy. Is that a Tomahawk inside the shelf together with the muskets and it that a bazooka!? image That is Super Cool!!! Wish i had one of each. image

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how were the prices on the coins we see in the display?
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice wines Charmy... although I have not tried either one, I have heard of the first one. Good luck at the poker tables. Strange you did not do well at blackjack, that is the only game that really favors the players - of course, most players do not understand how to play blackjack. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Friday continued:

Here are the tee-shirts they gave me after my filming at the Pawn Stars – his and hers!

This is the Palace Station where the coin show is held

And this is where I’ve been playing poker inside Palace Station

We had dinner at this Italian restaurant inside Palace Station where the food was surprisingly very good! Since I was drinking Patron while playing some black jack before dinner, I stuck with tequila and only had a margarita – sorry Ricko, no wine for dinner this time around! I know, you’re saying, how could I not have a good wine with Italian food!

Saturday:

The show picked up quite a bit today and has been pretty steadily busy all day. I had some great sales and have been very pleased with the show! From talking with other dealers, most of them said that the show started out rather slow, but then picked up quite a bit and they've had a very good show this year. The Las Vegas Coin Club is adding a second show this year in September (right after Long Beach) and I look forward to coming back here then - if not sooner!

Here is the Las Vegas Coin Club staff who have tirelessly been preparing for and working the show!

And this is the ANA-sponsored kids’ table. Walter and his helper Ed put together the kids’ treasure trivia hunt as well!

Here are some of the cute kids who stopped by my table for the trivia prize!

No, this is not yet a young numismatist, but he’s the adorable son of Scott Western, the supply guy

Monica at ANACS was set up at the show taking submissions

This is Frank and Dawn who put on the Ontario show

This is Al of Arnold’s Coins – he custom made my beautiful oak cases!

A few more forum members stopped by:

Coierww2/Warner and his wife Jennifer

ColeGuy/Guy (CoinTalk

And here’s me at my table – can you find the treasure trivia sticker at my table?

Tonight I’m on my own, so I’ll definitely be playing more poker! Then it will be a short day tomorrow, then a long drive home…..
  • Options
    Well, I just returned home from the show. Between the Pawn Stars filming, the PCGS show at the Venician, the LVNS show at Palace Station, the late nights playing poker and other gambling (and eating/drinking), then the long drive home - I'm exhausted but what a great time I had! I thoroughly enjoyed my Pawn Stars experience, I bought some nice coins at the PCGS show, and sold a decent amount of coins, including my 1877 NGC MS65 RB, at the Palace Station show. The show was quite busy on Saturday, then pretty slow on Sunday which is usual, but overall it was very successful for me. The other dealers said that wholesale was booming but retail was slow for them as well.

As I mentioned earlier, the LVNS is putting on a second show in September, so I look forward to returning for another fun/successful Vegas show then!
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    great job on the report here
    really glad to hear it worked out to be a pleasant overall busy weekend too
    "we'll keep the lights on"...aye
    truly a pleasure meeting you and looking forward to sept now i am
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭
    Great report. I was sad to see that you gave up your spot at our local Anaheim show thoughimage
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    I liked the pic of the YN table & what they were giving out! Reminds me of the table an older gentleman (probably the combined age of the 2 at the table in your pic) has set up at my local monthly coin show, who I give a bunch of odds-n-ends to each time I go.

I recognized the blue SAC/PRES $1 coin cards at the top-middle of the table. Wonder if they'll even bother to produce any more going forward, now that they won't be available from circulation...... I didn't realize they had similar cards for the various nickel designs & the change to the new Lincoln reverse - - at least I'm ASSUMING that's what they are and not just "informational" bookmarks.image

I'd like to get a look at that "Coins for You... Old & New" brochure they had on their table, too...... likely some interesting stuff for YN's.

By the way... they ought to produce similar bookmarks/brochures & distribute them en-masse to stores & banks & fast-food places everywhere, since a great majority of the people I run into daily don't have a clue as to what makes up our coins & currency any more, and either call for their Manager to validate purchases made with some of the newer (or older, like SBA & Ike) coins, or take anything handed to them & represented as U.S. money, like the ones referred to in another post who took Canadian quarters without giving it a second thought when they were told they were some of the U.S. "state" or "territory" (or even ATB) quarters!!

imageimage

- - Daveimage
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm late to this thread.....great batch of pics!
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we know when this show will air yet?

I have the Direct TV set to record all new shows but sure want to be sure to see this one image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Sorry, haven't heard exactly when it will air but they said that it will probably air within a couple months of filming. The new season just started so I am hoping it will be soon. I will be sure to let you all know when I find out.
  • Options
    We were at the Vegas show too!! Great show, one of our guys bought a bunch of nice coins from you.....1913s nice coin (i think you under priced)... but Larry was thrilled.
    Sandy had us up front at the check in table, but had oversold the spots.... so we went to the "back of the bus". We have known Sandy and John for 25+ years, and loved doing their show.
    We went to the Pawn shop last year, and waited in line for a LONG time... ran out of time and had to skip it.
    Can't wait to see what weird/interesting item you brought them... hope it makes the show.....
    Kevin
    coinshop.com
    I'm Just Sayin"

http://www.coinshop.com
  • Options
    Sorry, just keeping this thread up and running..... waiting to hear if/when your clip is gonna run image
    I'm Just Sayin"

http://www.coinshop.com
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry, haven't heard exactly when it will air but they said that it will probably air within a couple months of filming. The new season just started so I am hoping it will be soon. I will be sure to let you all know when I find out. >>

Has it aired yet?

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great story, Charmy.

What was Chumlee like in person?
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sorry, haven't heard exactly when it will air but they said that it will probably air within a couple months of filming. The new season just started so I am hoping it will be soon. I will be sure to let you all know when I find out. >>

Has it aired yet? >>

Yep, at least 3 times that I know of.
    Becky
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Has it aired yet? >>

Yep, at least 3 times that I know of. >>

do you have a link ?

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

Here you go....

Charmy
    Becky
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My new BFF Corey!
    I guess I'll just go about my life and find a new BFF. image
  • Options
    CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭
    Greatimage
    Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers
  • Options

Wow, she did great with the negotiation. I was going to send her some Lincolns to sell, but now I know I would come out on the losing end!!! LOL

Jack

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The episode is on again tonight

"Dirty Sox" Season 5 / Ep 43 2012

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here you go....

Charmy >>

thanks for the link. Saved me from having to watch the entire show! (not my favorite show...none of the so-called "reality" shows are)
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    ......and for those with deep pockets.

Text

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file