Hmmm could there be a big sticker announement at FUN

ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
stay tuned
Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Big sucker might be more like it!
  • DaveWcoinsDaveWcoins Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    I hope the sticker isn't so big that it covers up the coin.

I think the current stickers are plenty big enough.

Dave Wnuck. Redbook contributor; long time PNG Member; listed on the PCGS Board of Experts. PM me with your email address to receive my e-newsletter, and visit DaveWcoins.com Find me on eBay at davewcoins
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    If your referring to the QA Sticker, its already been announced and published in Coin World.

Ref Thread
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not the QA sticker...
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A sticker so shiny that you no longer want to look at the actual coin, perhaps?
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 22,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly how big is this new sticker gonna be?

peacockcoins

• KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope the sticker isn't so big that it covers up the coin. >>

<< <i>Exactly how big is this new sticker gonna be? >>

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Double Post
    Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    The OP probally got a NASCAR sticker for his bus.

Thread is worthless without a photo.
  • BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leo Frese is going to slab and sticker mint and proof sets. To be announced at FUN.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    are any of these new players going to be making a market in the coins with their stickers on them?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Leo Frese is going to slab and sticker mint and proof sets. To be announced at FUN. >>

A better idea is a proof set of stickers. The stickers being made with exaggerated care are carefully assembled into sets and they are of course sealed in plastic so no one can actually , you know , like , stick them on anything.

The idea is you take the whole set and put it in a drawer and forget about it

not positive about the mint set angle . I guess its just a bunch of mints in a case that are left in the sun or something. They would get pretty sticky I bet.
  • bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone cue the dinosaur sticker that I see in a particular Dealer's case every year at FUN. image
  • joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant wait to see how the new lemonade stand stacks up against the other new one! image

guess whos back...

may the fonz be with you...always...
  • stealerstealer Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Leo Frese is going to slab and sticker mint and proof sets. To be announced at FUN. >>

It seems quite absurd to me that the same company will slab coins and sticker their own product while they're at it.
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My crystal ball shows me that an author of an early book on Dollars, might be dipping his toe in the sticker business image

This should be FUN image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2009 Uncirculated coin set
    8 cents
    2 nickels
    2 dimes
    12 quarters
    2 half dollars
    10 dollars

total 36 coins

They are satin finish Can I submit single coins or multiple sets for slabbing one good set into the 36 coin holder or is there yet another opportunity for moderns still open?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    BNB hit the big time image
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to buy stock in glue factories with all this upcoming explosion of adhesion...

With all these new events I wonder how many folks from the sticker collecting community will be drawn to our hobby imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3D sticker of the coin to place over scratched slabs so polishing will no longer be needed

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'll have to get a new bottle of Goo-gone.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stickers will be "toned"?
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rumor is, a notable individual will start grading tarnish....type and eye appeal.... Now THAT is a market maker.... Cheers, RickO
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Rumor is, a notable individual will start grading tarnish....type and eye appeal.... Now THAT is a market maker.... Cheers, RickO >>

Said in jest but not a bad idea. Seems that even the pros have difficulty determining AT from NT.
  • rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what ever came of this possible big announcement?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file