Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Bids on HOF Coins Falling Big Time - Dump them?

124»

Comments

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    The reason the price crashed was the big dealers were allowed to buy to many and they killed the market by flooding it will all their coins.

These will hit a bottom and then hold and start going up once all the inventory gets sold.

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I may cancel 11 of my MS silver. Just hate cancelling a sold out issue, but prices are falling, but seem to be stabilizing at around $72 for the silver. But the majority of these have not even shipped by the mint yet, so they will probably fall to around issue price is my guess when they flood the market. Wish I knew. >>

I have the same quandary... keep the order and hold, for who knows how long or simply cancel and move on.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The reason the price crashed was the big dealers were allowed to buy to many and they killed the market by flooding it will all their coins.

These will hit a bottom and then hold and start going up once all the inventory gets sold. >>

I disagree. The mintage is too high, and unless there is an on going demand for these coins, they will be dead as most other modern commemorative coins.

I'll tell you one thing about the numbers you see on the Gray Sheet. When I was dealer I could only sell modern commemorative coins at those prices, and it was not to other dealers. Those were the retail numbers. Dealers will only pay less. When you see a price on the Gray Sheet, don't expect to get any more than 90% of that number from a dealer, if he or she is buying at all. The only "floor" on that is the melt value, and even then dealers will pay less than melt if they can get away with it. The reason is that more than a few of these coins have gone to the scrap heap over the years.

Having said all of this the mint probably did me a financial favor by canceling my order. But as a collector, who likes modern coins in the original boxes, it is disappointing.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The reason the price crashed was the big dealers were allowed to buy to many and they killed the market by flooding it will all their coins.

These will hit a bottom and then hold and start going up once all the inventory gets sold. >>

I disagree. The mintage is too high, and unless there is an on going demand for these coins, they will be dead as most other modern commemorative coins.

I'll tell you one thing about the numbers you see on the Gray Sheet. When I was dealer I could only sell modern commemorative coins at those prices, and it was not to other dealers. Those were the retail numbers. Dealers will only pay less. When you see a price on the Gray Sheet, don't expect to get any more than 90% of that number from a dealer, if he or she is buying at all. The only "floor" on that is the melt value, and even then dealers will pay less than melt if they can get away with it. The reason is that more than a few of these coins have gone to the scrap heap over the years.

Having said all of this the mint probably did me a financial favor by canceling my order. But as a collector, who likes modern coins in the original boxes, it is disappointing. >>

don't think many dealers buy modern coins , proof sets etc .. less then 20% back of bid ..seen even some pay 20- 30 % back of bid for modern Mint coins
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way i look at it if you have the $$ to hold it is 1st coin made this way, Your in at mint prices and it's made of silver why not keep it, Put it up for for a bit you never know. You can aways sell it at any time. But to buy it later for more when you had it at mint price is just crazy. That's just me thinking dumb Type2. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just received an email from the mint that the HOF gold coin was sold out, and that I won't be getting one. This was after they sent me an email that they would be shipping me a coin on August 1. All I ordered was one coin, and that's all I wanted.

Many thanks to member ERICKSO1 who sold me a coin a few months ago. It was a very classy thing to do. image

What you have seen here is the kind of service you get from the government, yet many want to make themselves "wards of state." These are only coins, which we can live without. Just imagine if you were a veteran who is depending upon the VA for medical service. >>

Yup, I got the same email, telling me to not hold my breath for my gold. I just can't understand WHY it would take them almost 4 months, to the day (ordered mine late in the day on the 27th), to figure out people weren't going to get their gold. The Mint has turned into one giant cluster****.

On the plus side, there seems to be no problem getting the Kennedy set that went on sale today for $10!!! (I am passing on all Kennedys except for the silver set that they haven't announced the sale date for yet)
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    JefferyJeffery Posts: 115
    Guess the bottom line for me is I actually like the coin (proof). & the OCD in me requires me to have the set so I guess I'll keep the Unc also. I think there is a better than 50% chance that the gold coin will be worth more than the $600 I could get for it now so I'll keep a few.
    If I'm wrong I can always sell it later (very unlikely it would go under issue price) or be stuck with a coin I like.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What you have seen here is the kind of service you get from the government, yet many want to make themselves "wards of state." These are only coins, which we can live without. Just imagine if you were a veteran who is depending upon the VA for medical service. >>

Well said.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>... So if all the gold has been shipped, then the mint will be sending out 10,300 dear john letters. image ... >>

And in the meantime, they've probably been earning a real nice interest on all those payments which have yet to be refunded? or were they refunded already? A shrewd business would charge the payments and then refund after the "dear john" letters get mailed. All that money in the bank earning interest could probably fund a portion of the next product.

You guys and gals are right about VA health benefits but I don't see the connection to Mint products. Yes they are both government, I guess, but one is health / medical and the other is strictly a for-profit business. The sole job of the Mint is to make money, both literally to strike money, and by selling products for passive revenue streams. Everything the Mint does is geared towards turning profit. Which is why I am baffled that we still produce cents. But the BEP is still printing $1 bills, so I guess they each have their faults don't they ... I know it's mandated by Congress and blah blah but it's sucking a lot of profit.

Maybe BillJones and some other folks like to hold onto their boyhood visions of the Mint as their secret friend or cool uncle who occasionally sends them stocking stuffer mint sets and proof commems because they're cool and fun, but it's time to grow up and recognize they're a BUSINESS and NOT looking out for your best interests! Obama does not dictate how quickly the HOF coins are shipped to your house! Obama's White House staff do not get personally involved in your Mint orders! You can't tell me the behavior of the Mint and the VA Hospital are tied together.

Intended with the deepest respect to all veterans, including most of my family, who are now dependent on care from the government which enlisted them to serve.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loch, I'm not jumping too far in this but they are connected because several key jobs at both are political appointees, and don't have be be qualified or efficient...they just need to know somebody.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    Understood. And a good point to note! I'd like to think the appointers believe their appointees are qualified but I understand your point. Point taken image

Well then just remember it's a business and should be treated as such. Nobody complains when other manufacturing industries report their over/under final quantities, it's a part of the business. So why do people complain when the Mint says they fell short? or when they strike more than estimated? Maybe it's on purpose, and if it is, that's fine too ... because they are in the business of turning profit however they deem necessary (whether or not we agree with their methods).
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So why do people complain when the Mint says they fell short? or when they strike more than estimated? >>

Because they've been successfully making and distributing coins for 240 years. You'd think they would it have down pretty good by now.

Edited for grammar.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>What you have seen here is the kind of service you get from the government, yet many want to make themselves "wards of state." These are only coins, which we can live without. Just imagine if you were a veteran who is depending upon the VA for medical service. >>

Well said. >>

all part of government being too big ,,, just to serve it's employees not the consumers.. look no farther than the soviet union ..
    PCGS 69s 2014 gold Hofs ..just sold on the bay for $ 573-581
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So why do people complain when the Mint says they fell short? or when they strike more than estimated? >>

Because they've been successfully making and distributing coins for 240 years. You'd think they would it have down pretty good by now.
    Edited for grammar. >>

Sorry Sparky64 that is irrelevant. Manufacturing always comes with an uncertain over/under. It has nothing to do with how good they are at making them. It's part of the process. When you make stuff in large quantity with machines, sometimes there is overage, sometimes there is less than projected. Most companies will make their customers sign an agreement about the over/under final total. If a fixed quota must be reached, they will make a few hundred extra, so that after inspection, there is good probability enough items will pass inspection to fill the quota demand. However in the case of precious metals (like coins) there may not be enough extra resources to make enough extras. Maybe they could melt it down, and find a way ... but I'm guessing they had difficulty with these because of the unique shape and there were many which didn't pass inspection accounting for the underage.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    tander123tander123 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    Now you all have me wondering what I should do. I have 3 orders of silver unc (5,5,10) and one order of silver proofs (10) backordered. What would you cancel?
    Excellent BST board members who complete their deals: WONDERCOIN, DABIGKAHUNA, GEMSTATECOINS, FIVECENTS, SILVEREAGLES92, NEWMISMATIST, GTOster, SCHMITZ7,
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>What a clown show the Mint is. Does it really take over 3 months to mint a coin? Cancelling silver orders as its going to be a complete flood when they come out, prices will crash just like the Gold. Ok spend a lot of money minting the coins and then stuck with a boatload of them - what a crap operation. >>

They will be stuck with zero coins.....exactly why they severely oversold the issue. I have a feeling they knew precisely what was going to follow. >>

Now you done made me go look.

Gold..................................... Proof .......Unc
    .........Apparent final mintage: 32,026.....17,974
    Number of orders at sell out: 39,269......22,015
    Total cancellations since s/o: 679...........277
    Cancels in the last 4 weeks.: 207..........117
    ...............Cancels last week: 132..........51
    ..................Still oversold by: 6,564.......3,764

So if all the gold has been shipped, then the mint will be sending out 10,300 dear john letters. image

Silver.................................... Proof ........Unc
    .........Apparent final mintage: 262,091.....137,909
    Number of orders at sell out: 288,383.....151,046
    Total cancellations since s/o: 5,841.........4,210
    Cancels in the last 4 weeks.: 2,469.........2,123
    ...............Cancels last week: 817............821
    ..................Still oversold by: 20,451.....8,927

So cancels are picking up, but I don't see the mint getting stuck with any.

Oh, "last week" is July 14-20.

If anyone cares about the clads, they've sold 199,555 proofs, 127,954 uncs, or about 43% sold.

The proofs should pick up once the Y/N set is released, and in the week between 7/6 and 7/13, there was an increase of 15,000 uncirculated clads above the average sales. (The Mint was averaging about 2,000 clad unc's sold per week for the past couple of months, and it suddenly jumped to 17,000.) Someone or some company bought 15K units? >>

Where are you getting these numbers?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    It's a secret image

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And in the meantime, they've probably been earning a real nice interest on all those payments which have yet to be refunded? or were they refunded already? >>

1) "nice" interest these days is 0.5%....lucky if you can get that

2) there were no "payments" made so no interest received. Coins are not charged until ready to be shipped.....Unless you think they cleaned up on the $4.95 shipping charge that also would be refunded
  • Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the large mintages I see the bids going down over the long term especially after baseball season. Fad coins can only hold collector interest so long. The latest L&C Coins Pricelist has a good pricing structure on these and I plan to use that in pricing mine for retail if I ever get any.
    So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    HOF market keeps going down, 07-25-14 CDN: Bids for the unc / PF dollars are both down to $60. $5 Gold unc down to $550, PF remains at $640 bid. The half dollars have dropped to $25 bid in both unc and proof. Will bids drop further especially after baseball season?

Looks like the winners are the guys who got this stuff early on, blew them out fast doubling their money. Did you win on these or you an end user?
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Moved all of mine early and have no complaints.

If yours have not shipped then dump them right back on the mint.

They deserve them for their screw ups from day one.

I refused the last 39 that I had coming and if the rest of you do that maybe the mint will learn a lesson but I doubt it.
  • Options

<< <i>HOF market keeps going down, 07-25-14 CDN: Bids for the unc / PF dollars are both down to $60. $5 Gold unc down to $550, PF remains at $640 bid. The half dollars have dropped to $25 bid in both unc and proof. Will bids drop further especially after baseball season?

Looks like the winners are the guys who got this stuff early on, blew them out fast doubling their money. Did you win on these or you an end user?[

At the dealer back of bid buy price, the silver,clad are below Mint issue price if lucky.. the MS gold is below MInt issue at 25 % back of bid
  • Options
    Okay, tired of biting my tongue but I feel compelled to defend the other side of these negative nelly posters. First, this is the internet and people can post whatever they want, be it true, just an opinion, or even purposefully misleading - a/k/a untrue. You don't like the coin, fine.... so be it. But, quit quoting things as truth if they are not, or be prepared to back it up with facts. The gold is trending toward $700, "2014- W PCGS MS70 Baseball HALL of FAME HOF $5 GOLD UNCIRCULATED Coin MS 70", with an hour left on Ebay currently bid @ $718.88.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Box of 20 silver uncs and 20 silver proofs and 1 each of the gold all unopened, staying that way. Maybe in 20 years I'll test the waters. For some reason I hold to long and now have all these boxes of unopened Mint products. Still have 2001 unc Buffs unopened.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

<< <i>HOF market keeps going down, 07-25-14 CDN: . $5 Gold unc down to $550, PF remains at $640 bid >>

So my PF gold is bid at $200 more than I paid a couple of months ago and I should be upset? I guess I am missing something.....but it is really a non-factor since I have zero intentions of selling them anytime soon..

Last two raw PF sold (7/24) for $630 and $649.99 ..raw unc sold same day for $679.99
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Moved all of mine early and have no complaints.

If yours have not shipped then dump them right back on the mint.

They deserve them for their screw ups from day one.

I refused the last 39 that I had coming and if the rest of you do that maybe the mint will learn a lesson but I doubt it. >>

I once refused a shipment to save on return postage. The Mint promptly reshipped it to me. image
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Where are you getting these numbers? >>

It is from a compilation from the last 17 Monday cumulative sales reports published by the mint.

I've decided to start collecting these reports to try to figure out buyer behavior on mint releases. The first release I have complete numbers for is the HOF release...
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Okay, tired of biting my tongue but I feel compelled to defend the other side of these negative nelly posters. First, this is the internet and people can post whatever they want, be it true, just an opinion, or even purposefully misleading - a/k/a untrue. You don't like the coin, fine.... so be it. But, quit quoting things as truth if they are not, or be prepared to back it up with facts. The gold is trending toward $700, "2014- W PCGS MS70 Baseball HALL of FAME HOF $5 GOLD UNCIRCULATED Coin MS 70", with an hour left on Ebay currently bid @ $718.88. >>

If you've kept up with these threads on these coins, the longer it took the mint to get them out, the more "untruth" and baseless innuendo became the norm.

If anything, it gives you a pretty darn good idea who's posts you should give more weight to, and who should be taken less seriously...
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, I think all the negative talk is sour grapes. Yeah, sure, the early birds definitely won big and those who had to wait missed out on some great flips. You can't rewrite history. But hey, I'm happy with medium sized flips. Once I finally got through on ordering day (4:00 PM eastern), I ordered 3 proof and 3 unc golds. I pre-sold one set of proof and unc for $1625 on the Bay. Once I received my coins in mid-June, I sent them to our hosts for grading. Too late for First Strike and before the new special labels were available, they came back in regular blue labels, but all were 70s. I just sold a pair of the 70s for $1900 two days ago. I'm keeping one pair of 70s for my collection. So net, after all was said and done (fees, shipping,etc.), I've got a profit of around $650 plus a free set of the gold in PCGS 70 slabs. I don't know where these things will go from here and I don't really care. The ride so far has been just fine IMO...
  • Options

<< <i> I just sold a pair of the 70s for $1900 two days ago. I'm keeping one pair of 70s for my collection. So net, after all was said and done (fees, shipping,etc.), I've got a profit of around $650 plus a free set of the gold in PCGS 70 slabs. I don't know where these things will go from here and I don't really care. The ride so far has been just fine IMO... >>

Nice work.....

"sale of 2 70's for $1900 TWO DAYS AGO" ....fantastic...but, but dealers are selling them for $370 and $380. image
  • Options
    lol hard.. the bloom is off the rose for the hofs..a late august/early sept sell for our hofs, with our just about can't lose buy price .
    . now ,with probably many others , the money , attention shifts to the Kennedy gold
    hope forum members keep on talking up the hofs the attention may better our sell price
  • Options
    PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Seems like a lot of hot air and nonsense about the "below issue price offers"....Ebay raw gold sales have a pretty steady floor of 650.00 per coin...so all these posts from fear mongering "potential buyers" trying to scare you into selling the gold HOF coins below 400.00 are just NONSENSE.....the flood is OVER, flippers have already dumped their coins to pay their credit card bills..... and prices will steadily rise from here....The HOF gold will follow the same pricing path as the 2009 Ultras.....So hold on and IGNORE the noise....
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Seems like a lot of hot air and nonsense about the "below issue price offers"....Ebay raw gold sales have a pretty steady floor of 650.00 per coin...so all these posts from fear mongering "potential buyers" trying to scare you into selling the gold HOF coins below 400.00 are just NONSENSE.....the flood is OVER, flippers have already dumped their coins to pay their credit card bills..... and prices will steadily rise from here....The HOF gold will follow the same pricing path as the 2009 Ultras.....So hold on and IGNORE the noise.... >>

Prices have already started to creep back up since the cancelled order notices began to show up. It's all uphill from here.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So hold on and IGNORE the noise >>

I agree.

Additionally, the dollars will easily find their way back to the $100-$115 level raw. Anyone cancelling is very foolish.
  • Options

<< <i>Seems like a lot of hot air and nonsense about the "below issue price offers"....Ebay raw gold sales have a pretty steady floor of 650.00 per coin...so all these posts from fear mongering "potential buyers" trying to scare you into selling the gold HOF coins below 400.00 are just NONSENSE.....the flood is OVER, flippers have already dumped their coins to pay their credit card bills..... and prices will steadily rise from here....The HOF gold will follow the same pricing path as the 2009 Ultras.....So hold on and IGNORE the noise.... >>

Let the market speak ....other words are hollowimage
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Prices have already started to creep back up since the cancelled order notices began to show up. It's all uphill from here. >>

That might be because a some of the disappointed buyers are purchasing some coins.

I'll stand by my prediction that this issue will seek a lower level because the mintage is simply too high.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

<< <i>

Let the market speak ....other words are hollowimage >>

Thank you for the confirmation....image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So hold on and IGNORE the noise >>

I agree.

Additionally, the dollars will easily find their way back to the $100-$115 level raw. Anyone cancelling is very foolish. >>

While my feelings about the gold are obvious, the silver is another concept entirely. I was feeling fine with my stash until I read this week that there were still 375,000 waiting to be shipped. Not good for my curved little silver friends

edited to add: I forgot to mention yesterday's sales: 2 PF's at $649.99, one at $695...unc's 1 at $649.99 and one at $629.95
  • Options
    Has anyone seen any of these HOF Coins for sale at any Ball Park Gift Shops, major or minor league? How about
    at the MLB Hall of Fame itself?

I'm just wondering. I don't get out much, I tend to work 7 days / 12 hrs most of the time.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    The silver dollars are at the perfect price point for the average buyer
    The golds are just too expensive, only for the true collector, not the masses
    Weak hands will let them go, after all the nonsense ends they will settle
    in the 100-115 range raw
  • Options

Funny but isn't this where we are with the Gold Kennedy?

In the words of Yogi Berra. It's like Deja Vue all over again.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭
    The silver $1's continue to drift toward Mint issue prices. I just saw 2 UNC's sell in the high $50 range. $58.75 and Signed PCGS MS69 OUCH!!! Those thinking these will recover to$100 are sadly mistaken imho!!!
  • Options
    Yes the bids are down in the sheet once again. I would not be surprised to see bid drop below mint issue price at least on the dollars. Sadly, this is the nature of gambling on US Mint issues and I feel for the people who paid big bucks into the label mania on these and are most assuredly the end users. Individuals who sold while there was still money to be made did well and seem to have made a good choice.

I never ordered any at the beginning but enjoyed buying a couple at the lower prices juts to put away in case.....

I believe the Kennedy Gold will suffer a similar fate but probably more severe as mintage is unlimited......
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's some raw silver going out in the $70s

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>There's some raw silver going out in the $70s >>

I got 2 raw silver uncs I can't give away. Thinking about donating to local ymca for a raffle.... I would do that before I sold them below my cost
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I waited out all the hoopla and finally took the plunge, bought the $5 PCGS PR70DCAM First Strike, won it tonight at an auction for $735. Though it was a relatively fair price, I figure at this point there is probably nor more than $100 to the downside, so why bother and try to time the market. Anyhow, can wait to receive it and see what a curved coin looks like image
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am patiently holding quite a few silver uncs and proofs in boxes of five units each mint sealed as well as 8 gold (4 of each finish) in mint sealed boxes of one proof and one unc each. I think that in several years these will do very well.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Does the silver proof $1 coin come mint sealed? So, there is a wrapper before one gets to the coin's box?
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does the silver proof $1 coin come mint sealed? So, there is a wrapper before one gets to the coin's box? >>

Not like a clear shrink wrap. Just the mint card board outer shipping box sealed with tape, inside brown paper packing material, the coin box and the mint packing list. The coin box has a slip cover over the mint inner sort of fancy box. Inside that box is the coin in an air-tite like clear inert plastic capsule.

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well I waited out all the hoopla and finally took the plunge, bought the $5 PCGS PR70DCAM First Strike, won it tonight at an auction for $735. Though it was a relatively fair price, I figure at this point there is probably nor more than $100 to the downside, so why bother and try to time the market. Anyhow, can wait to receive it and see what a curved coin looks like image >>

I think you did well with that one.
    They are pretty cool coins.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file