Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Lunar eclipse starting, post a pic of it, or a curved clip or crescent toner

BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
Are you guys watching the eclipse? some clouds rolling in but it's starting to show a little, like this cent

post a pic of an "eclipse coin", or the moon tonight

Edit to add pic just taken

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Comments

• Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like we've got a pretty good view of it here bailey. Also available live on Nasa website. 12:07am is beginning of total eclipse and when I'm going back outside.
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    sure do zube, been a wonderful year weather wise here in SoCal, moon looks very 3-D through binoculars, trying to get a good pic with a bad camera and a 50 kb limit here

edit to add

• Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    Ahhhhh.... Red Moon, exactly the same as the one I saw outside of my window -)
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    red moon

along with blue Spica

I'll bet the real photographers are having a field day with this one, the most spectacular eclipse I've ever seen, by a mile

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭
    Clouds image
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Minor clouds in south Maui tonight for the eclipse....still a great show.
    I always appreciate how long the lunar ones last.
    It may be just my impression the solar eclipses are shorter.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my crescent toner...

1882-CC $1 PCGS MS64 GSA VAM-2B Stage3
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Clouds here.... will just have to enjoy the pictures... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The eclipse was at 3:45 AM. Do you guys all have insomnia? It sounded neat, but when I heard the hour, I decided to sleep instead. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

Sleep Here as Well... lol

My Ebay Auctions

Currently Listed: Nothing

Take Care, Dave
  • Options
    GeorgeKelloggGeorgeKellogg Posts: 1,251 ✭✭
    The images are courtesy of BluCC Photos. I believe that this would be considered a waning gibbous moon phase.

"Clamorous for Coin"
  • Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a quick shot with a zoom lens. I was too tired & lazy to drag out my telescope and take a really good photo at that hour, but this quick & dirty shot is not so bad.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file