Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official 2013 BBCE PSA Group Break #4.......LETS SEE WHAT YOU GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    These are the highlights from '78 X2 FB, '79 X 2 FB, '80 X6 FB, '81 X2 FB, '82 X2 FB, '85 X2 FB
    The '85s were horrible
    If you're a Jack Lambert fan you should like this:

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My package still hasn't arrived either, and I live just south of Indianapolis. Darn PayPal !image >>

Me too!! And me too!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Kept one 1975 mini sealed, but opinions welcome on the Aaron.

You have a shot at a straight 8 on the Aaron if they don't hit you with the OC qualifier. Nice pull!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Aaron looks fine for a straight 8. I forgot the miller and dreissen, by all means, sub both if they measure as well.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    I really like that Marino pack. Awesome hits indeed.
  • Options
    Opened up my loose packs tonight. No great hits on em' but it was fun. I'll add some scans after opening the boxes.

1984 FB wax, cello, and rack- I did have one nice hit with an Elway, but it just happened to be in the middle of a Cello with a stick of gum attached to the back. It's stained badly. Nothing else is centered well enough to be grade-worthy.

1983 FB- No big hits, but cards were centered with fairly decent corners

1989 Score FB- No big hits and all cards had a dinged corner

1980 FB- No big hits but cards were in really good shape....may sub a common or two that have a shot at a 10

1981 FB- Centering was rough here...nothing grade worthy

1982 FB- This was the best out of all of them. They had sharp corners with great centering. I'll probably sub several here with the best one being a Taylor IA. I have a feeling some folks are going to be VERY happy with their pulls on the 82's.

1975 Mini's- These were in very good shape. My biggest card was a Brock- sharp corners but about 70-30 centering. Again there's probably a common or two that I'll send in.

I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only opened my 83 rack pack and 2 packs of 82 Topps wax. Landed a very crisp (but unfortunately O/C) Sandberg rc, and a couple of hall of famers from the 82 topps but no Ripken. The 82 topps were really nice, a lot of cards looked like possible 10's, so someone might find a nice Ripken from those packs.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    A lot of nice cards so far. I received mine. Will post some pics next week as I'm heading to Fort Carson to see my son and will not return until later next week. I did get an LT rookie on the back of my 82 Cello.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Haven't finished ripping yet, but here are a few from two 83 topps packs and two 89 Score packs I ripped. No luck on the 84 donny packs. Quick question for Tim, Mike, or other wax experts.

On the 78 Football packs, the cards below had the staining and were the first cards against the seal. However, the gum was actually on the other side of the card stack (i.e. this stain isn't from gum). My first thought was wondering if the packs had been resealed. Is this kind of stain common from the melted wax from the seal? The size and width look like it should be gum, yet the stick of gum was against the card on the front of the card.

Also, I've ripped on mini. A couple of nice commons. The centering was all over the place, but the cards and edges are very sharp.

Some more minis. Bad centering on these ones.

The 1983 Box wasn't great. the centering was quite good, but no Ripken, no Ryan, no Boggs, no Gwynn. Did pull a Sandberg (OC). Anyway, still a fun rip overall. Thank, Mark, for organizing this. Don't worry, I'm not a Manny Trillo collector, but there were a good number of commons that were perfect like this one

• Options
    I had the same staining on my 78 football packs. I think it's from the wax. Opened all my packs and ended up with nothing but a diamond cut Newsome rookie from the 79 football. Was still a lot of fun though.

Jeff
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭
    That LaGrow is nice, and it looks like it measures up. I would definitely sub that one.

On a related matter, I've noticed that every red/yellow mini shown so far from this rip appears to measure up full size AND has very little or no PD. That's unusual. Congrats on some very nice Mini packs you all!
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Awesome hits:

Kept one 1975 mini sealed, but opinions welcome on the Aaron.

[URL=http://s135.photobucket.com/user/iakona8/media/bbce/Card-0001.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s135.photobucket.com/user/iakona8/media/bbce/Card-0002.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s135.photobucket.com/user/iakona8/media/bbce/Card-0003.jpg.html]image[/URL] >>

Sorry, but really think that's going to be an 8 OC on the Aaron but the JJ looks like a 9

Congrats on that Marino rack!
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thunderdan - It looks like you took a picture of my Sandberg. It literally looks the same o/c right to left. Seeing than Aikman makes me want to rip my score packs as well. I try to save some stuff for a rainy day (but it might be raining at my house today)

Vintageinvestments - very nice cards you got from the break. I didn't plan on ripping the 75 mini, but after seeing yours, I might. I think mine is from the same box as yours.

Did anyone else open the 82 topps wax packs ? Any luck ?

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    Of my four 89 Score packs I got 2 Aikman's, 1 Barry Sanders, and 1 Tim Brown. That was just an insane four packs.
    Buying 75 Topps Reg. Size PSA 9
    1975 Topps Registry Set "Scott's 75 Topps Set"
  • Options

<< <i>Of my four 89 Score packs I got 2 Aikman's, 1 Barry Sanders, and 1 Tim Brown. That was just an insane four packs. >>

Yes, that's insane. Very nice!
  • Options
    You got the lucky 84 rack with Marino on top. Nice!!
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    so my package contents:

[URL=http://s653.photobucket.com/user/shu4040/media/photo2_zpscc14de03.jpg.html]image[/URL]

and had this young rookie sitting on the bottom of the 84 rack

[URL=http://s653.photobucket.com/user/shu4040/media/photo1_zps1e59e6d6.jpg.html]image[/URL]

and was thinking of opening 1 of the minis. only two have "face up" cards, which seems to be the better boxes. the one i could clearly read was mr. willie mccovey, so i'll end up keeping that one closed. Might open the 2nd later.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    My package hasn't arrived. I guess I don't need to hold my breath on the 84 Football rack. Congrats to Shu4040 and Vintageinvestments on your Marino Racksimage

Steve
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    I am getting a little worried now, as I still have no package. But congrats to all of you with nice finds!! It is always nice to see great cards come out of vintage packs!!!!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Mine arrived today.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Got my stuff in today. Only opened the Football packs. Not too bad for one 1981 Topps Football. I scored the creme de la creme, however, it was the gum card and the bottom corners are not sharp. I dont see it getting better than a 5 or 6. The back centering is terrible as well. But it was exciting getting! Otherwise, I think the rest will remain closed. Especially the 85 Topps rack with Puckett on top. Very nice to get.

• Options
    I got a bears card too. Mine has that same print line running vertically through Scott and Hampton.
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Picked up my haul today from work.

No real great star power, but a Dickerson Record Breaker on back of 84 cello, a Morgan 83F cello, and a Gwynn and Lynn backed 85 rack, and a Henderson RB front 84 Rack.

Also liked the 82 cello with Giants team leaders including Vida Blue, because it also has a Vida Blue back.

Growing up here in the Bay Area, I'm not only a fan but have an autographed ball that he signed for me when I was 10...so that's cool.

Opened 1 82 wax BB so far, and as others have mentioned half the pack is ruined by gum. Only lost a Jackson IA. Got a decent Palmer.

Still deciding what to do with the rest.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Still no package in San Antonio...
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options

<< <i>Of my four 89 Score packs I got 2 Aikman's, 1 Barry Sanders, and 1 Tim Brown. That was just an insane four packs. >>

Wow! That is an incredible run. Great for you! I am kinda glad I didn't get any Score Packs. Looks like you got most of the hits.

I just received my package today at work. Haven't opened the box yet. Will post pics when I do.

Steve
    Steve
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    Here are the best of my unopened packs.

83T Boggs and Fisk AS on front

83T Brett (w/Boggs) and 84T FB Marino IR
  • Options
    My package arrived yesterday.

Here's a bad cell phone pic of what I received.

A couple of stars showing on my racks. They're in tremendous shape. There's a Kirk Gibson rookie showing on the back of my '81 cello pack, very pleased.

The 82 donruss box looks great, I'll leave it sealed. My '75 mini pack I had planned to keep sealed but it has a tear in it, so may or may not open.

Shawn
  • Options
    We broke 4 boxes of 75 packs. Not one Brett Ryan or Yount has surfaced yet. Come on fellas. You can't take he packs with you!!!
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>We broke 4 boxes of 75 packs. Not one Brett Ryan or Yount has surfaced yet. Come on fellas. You can't take he packs with you!!! >>

I opened my packs last night and got a Yount (OC), I'll share a pic when I get home from work. Overall the centering on the 75's was pretty good, but there were small surface issues all over.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    [URL=http://s610.photobucket.com/user/jimduffett/media/scan0022.jpg.html]image[/URL][URL=http://s610.photobucket.com/user/jimduffett/media/scan0023.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s610.photobucket.com/user/jimduffett/media/500f444.jpg.html]image[/URL][URL=http://s610.photobucket.com/user/jimduffett/media/647440.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Little late for April fools, but what the heck :-) The real pulls sucked so bad, my scanner would have broken.
    The cards above eventually graded 9,9,8,8 if anyone is curious.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    Thanks for the fictitious thrill
    Regardless - nice cards!!!
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    I still haven't received my package here in the Indy area. Is there anyone else out there still waiting for the arrival of their stuff?
  • Options

<< <i>I still haven't received my package here in the Indy area. Is there anyone else out there still waiting for the arrival of their stuff? >>

I feel your pain! Still no package out here in So. Cal. either image

Brian
    I have no collecting direction. I just buy stuff!
  • Options
    Tucson package got here yesterday.
  • Options
    Don't get me started on those who don't open their packs/boxes. I guess it means more to show off the cool stuff to the cool kids, than it does to grow a pair.
  • Options
    BigMKBigMK Posts: 93 ✭✭
    Ripped through my packs this past weekend. The first pack I opened was the 1 pack of minis that I ordered and pulled a Brett. It was basically all down hill from there. The pack of 75 minis were all off center with the exception of the McCarver, which has very nice centering. All the football packs were duds, but managed to pull a nice Roger Craig rc. Here are the photos. Hope they come out ok.

[URL=http://s1323.photobucket.com/user/mikek2065/media/brett_zps38506d6f.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1323.photobucket.com/user/mikek2065/media/craig_zps42507e10.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    Hope you get a 10 on that Craig. Card looks nice.
  • Options
    Nice McCarver, might get a 10 on that!
    Still no cards in San Antonio...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    Ok got mine Yesterday. I wan't to start of by saying that any complaining done is not against BBCE, as BBCE are amazing!!!!!!!! I made a mistake of not hearing the Door and left my package outside a few hours in the Az heat. I only purchased Football with the intent on only opening the cello's and three of my 5 89 Score packs. I have been wanting an unopened-graded 80's pack collection for a while now and figured I would knock a large chunk off of that list. The '85 Topps packs looked the worst. None were salvageable, rips on all except this one which decided to soak up all the dirt and crud....

I was able to put the two 84, one 81, one 82 and 2 83 packs away as I think they may grade ok. I was one of the people that got shorted two 83 Topps Football Cellos, no biggie on that. Steve does a great job to allow these group rips and there is no worry on my part. My two 82 Topps football cellos were also blasted by the heat. They were almost completely open when I got to them. No stars in them anyway...

Lesson learned, keep wax packs you intend to grade out of the heat. Jeesh I failed bad on that one image I was able to save one card from the 85 topps thos. This Montana looks decent. Any fuzz is due to my crappy scanner...

• Options
    Got my package yesterday. Got some time today to open the box and see what was inside. Very happy. Clean packs and boxes all around.

Debated whether to open the shipping box (and lose the BBCE packing tape premium) or not.
    [URL=http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/slum22/media/BBCEBox_zpsa4ef5757.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Opened and had these baseball items:
    [URL=http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/slum22/media/BBCEBaseball_zps770e1c0e.jpg.html]image[/URL]

and these football items:

[URL=http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/slum22/media/BBCEFootball_zpsb248b0f1.jpg.html]image[/URL]

The 84 FB box was an add-on to my orderimage Very excited to have the items (since I was able to score the whole box I will be putting the 84 FB wax packs on the BST soon). Probably leaving them unopened for now (except maybe the Bowman packs, so unless I hit a Manning, that's it for scans from me).

Steve
  • Options

<< <i>We broke 4 boxes of 75 packs. Not one Brett Ryan or Yount has surfaced yet. Come on fellas. You can't take he packs with you!!! >>

Due to the tear in my pack and the wonderful advice above, I opened my '75 mini pack.

It wasn't pretty. image

I'm not sure I've ever had more fun peeling back cards one at a time while opening a pack though.

Shawn
  • Options

<< <i>Got my package yesterday. Got some time today to open the box and see what was inside. Very happy. Clean packs and boxes all around.

Debated whether to open the shipping box (and lose the BBCE packing tape premium) or not.
    image[/URL] >>

This box was worth twice what you paid before you opened it.
  • Options
    Got mine today. Unlike 7-8 group rips before, I just had to open. Sorry I did, none of the racks or cellos had anything close to a star showing. I decided to leave the 75 minis and the 80 & 82 football sealed. The Fleer and Donruss will also remained sealed, just because.

But I did celebrate National Cheesesburger Day with a 1/2 pounder with bacon and jalepenos!
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>But I did celebrate National Cheesesburger Day with a 1/2 pounder with bacon and jalepenos! >>

This was not hanging up anywhere on Long Island ... not at that price! lol
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    The package arrived last week. No big time stars on top. The seals on the 1982 Cello FB had been popped and there was lots of gum dust. The 1985 FB packs were very beat up with torn and punctured wrappers, not good for the Blackies. BBCE refunded the entire price of the 1983 Cello FB price instead of just the difference from 1983 Wax FB that was sent. This was above and beyond was was needed. I requested a credit of the cost difference, but Steve went with a full refund. Wow!
    [URL=http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/custom352/media/8721c746-0e0e-4a6f-8e36-007e179a72df_zps45d628be.jpg.html]image[/URL]

1998 draft #1 & #2 Picks in the same pack.
    [URL=http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/custom352/media/D521EB83-DDC6-4C0E-B076-64E5E4020B41-11680-00000E2A876A3912_zps91e26913.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    1all1all Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Haven't finished ripping yet, but here are a few from two 83 topps packs and two 89 Score packs I ripped. No luck on the 84 donny packs. Quick question for Tim, Mike, or other wax experts.

On the 78 Football packs, the cards below had the staining and were the first cards against the seal. However, the gum was actually on the other side of the card stack (i.e. this stain isn't from gum). My first thought was wondering if the packs had been resealed. Is this kind of stain common from the melted wax from the seal? The size and width look like it should be gum, yet the stick of gum was against the card on the front of the card.

>>

Wow, I can't believe that I overlooked this the first time I read it. That sure as heck looks like gum stain and if these were on the other side of the gum, I'd say your two '78 packs were resealed. It also makes the rest of the packs from that box suspect as well. I may do the unthinkable (for me at least) and open my two '78 FB packs tonight. I'll let you know if I find anything interesting going on with mine.

-Doug
  • Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭
    Those stains look the size and direction of the
    rollers, not gum. Besides the gum probably
    wouldn't be sideways like that.

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Those stains look the size and direction of the
    rollers, not gum. Besides the gum probably
    wouldn't be sideways like that.

~ >>

+1

Those stains look like wax stains from the scan.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    The Oliver Davis and Chris Bahr cards are being questioned ? That is gum stain. 100%