Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

He's at it again...

I know it becomes tiresome but he raised his prices again...

record price

yet another deal of the lifetime

Comments

• Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I notice his auction STILL says "I CHALLENGE anyone to show me another coin like this?" even though he was told of another one that sold on ebay recently.

Perhaps he felt justified to raise his asking price because he only wants $90K+ for this error.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    It has to be legitimate since it is in an ACG slab. I just wonder how much it cost him to have a six figure coin graded since ACG charges more the higher the coin value is?
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Considering how many times he's posted this auction with different prices, the fees have got to be mounting!
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I think the max fee is only $3.30 no matter how much you ask for the coin...
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fee is only $3.30, so no big deal there. Now it is in an ACG slab (or was it before, I never noticed it). Just being in an ACG slab let's you know the type of person you are dealing with.

Can you say moron?
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy reads the boards and doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to respond here. He sends out e-mails with what you have written on the board and his response. I blocked his e-mail address, so I wouldn't have to read his ignorance. He sent me an e-mail about supply and demand. Evidently, he is too ignorant to see the supply is plentiful and the demand is nill. He has to realize the coin isn't worth near what he is asking, since one NGC certified coin sold for $275.
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Who's that unemployed guy that posts here? He just bought 1 for $200+ slabbed by NGC. I think it was a MS-70.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Michael,

I keep getting eMails from this whackjob also. I didn't block him, though. I'm fascinated by the odd in the world.image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>He sent me an e-mail about supply and demand. >>

Wouldn't that be "supply and demented?"
    Buy the coin...but be sure to pay for it.
  • Options

<< <i>Who's that unemployed guy that posts here? >>

Hey Dog, why you bustin my BA!!S. Go to tell you I cleaned out the closets here and found a bunch of Apple Computer stuff I had Laying around. It was stuff the I collected when I worked for a dealer (lapel pins, books, glasses, ect...). So I put it on E-Bay, the stuff went for over $600. And I just had to have that coin, if just for a novelty and to tell Pat (the $144,000 guy) that I have one too... Graded by a respectable grading company!!!image

• Options
    Even at $3.30 per listing, after about 20 listings it still adds up!
  • Options
    Another funny thing is that the guy originally bought the proof sets for < $100 each.
  • Options
    I think on one of the older posts he paid $8 each...

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A year or so ago I had sold a Delaware quarter with the reverse clad layer missing and only fetched $227. I would think if a few of you guys on these boards have the same coin, put it up on ebay along with this guys coin at 1% of what he's asking $1450. Personally, the coin does not
    look like he's taking a wizz. It's more like someone scratched the die while handling it.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    This guy is a wackjob. It is hard to figure out what some people are thinking sometimes.
    Luckly no one is willing to buy into his crap and fork over the cash.
    Sets Complete:
    Eisenhower Dollar, BU

Set Incomplete:
    Roosevelt Dime
    1900 - Current Type, No Gold
    Silver Eagle
  • Options
    I think one of the problems is the is not an error, it was just struck with old broken down dies which I don't think should add much premium. I know I like to collect busties with old worn out cracked dies but I have never paid a premium for any of them, even considering this is a modern proof which rarely comes with defects this is so minor and a total lack of interest by modern collectors in items struck by broken down dies the demand is probably no more then 4 or 5 even at a couple dollars each. But eventually MANY more will show up and all the ones he has will be worth what ever the current value of proofs are at that time unless someone buys one as a novelty item.
  • Options
    MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Dang, like 10mins and he already sent me an e-mail, he's quick.
    Sets Complete:
    Eisenhower Dollar, BU

Set Incomplete:
    Roosevelt Dime
    1900 - Current Type, No Gold
    Silver Eagle
  • Options
    I just got my "Pissing Minuteman" quarter in (along with the other coins in the proof set) and it really looks like he is taking a leak!!!image

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This guy reads the boards and doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to respond here. He sends out e-mails with what you have written on the board and his response. I blocked his e-mail address, so I wouldn't have to read his ignorance. He sent me an e-mail about supply and demand. Evidently, he is too ignorant to see the supply is plentiful and the demand is nill. He has to realize the coin isn't worth near what he is asking, since one NGC certified coin sold for $275. . >>

I was an underbidder on that coin.
    In my opinion-
    Value of coin: $10.00
    Value of story behind the coin: $100.00.
    I bid accordingly.

I lost.

peacockcoins

• Options

<< <i>I was an underbidder on that coin. >>

Pat, it was way too nice of a coin for you anyway!!!image If I find a G02 in circulation it's yours, baby!!!image

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To think that it will sell at that cost if ACG graded it lower than the NGC example!!! Wow! I want him to email me! I wanna "learn" because skool ain't not 'nuff lernin tyme.

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    Look at this Proof Set he is offering.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boy, it sure is tempting with FREE postage and everything. NOt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MadMarty, what are you doing just sitting there??! There's tons o' dough to be made on your yooorinating fella! EBAY, EBAY, EBAY!
  • Options
    CLASSICSCLASSICS Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

<< <i>I notice his auction STILL says "I CHALLENGE anyone to show me another coin like this?" even though he was told of another one that sold on ebay recently.

Perhaps he felt justified to raise his asking price because he only wants $90K+ for this error. >>

i email him and was told who ever bought the other one made a bad mistake...go figure
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This guy reads the boards and doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to respond here. He sends out e-mails with what you have written on the board and his response. I blocked his e-mail address, so I wouldn't have to read his ignorance. He sent me an e-mail about supply and demand. Evidently, he is too ignorant to see the supply is plentiful and the demand is nill. He has to realize the coin isn't worth near what he is asking, since one NGC certified coin sold for $275. . >>

I was an underbidder on that coin.
    In my opinion-
    Value of coin: $10.00
    Value of story behind the coin: $100.00.
    I bid accordingly.

I lost. >>

.... must be new?
  • Options

<< <i>I know it becomes tiresome but he raised his prices again...

record price

yet another deal of the lifetime >>

how much?
  • Options

<< <i>MadMarty, what are you doing just sitting there??! There's tons o' dough to be made on your yooorinating fella! EBAY, EBAY, EBAY! >>

I bought it because I thought it was a neat error. It goes next to all the other die cracks I have collected.

• Options
    Whackjob (stackgenerator@cs.com),
    I blocked you from sending me e-mails at my other address! If you wish to respond to something posted on this thread, please have the balls to say it here. Nobody respects a coward! And...I deleted it without reading, as your e-mails are insane ramblings!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    How much do you think he will charge for this item he recently purchased?
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    nwcs - 1867 3-Cent Nickel, VG $12.00 for the coin..... $10000.00 for some BS story! You know people really are crazy! I think this guy must have stop taking his meds! What a crack pot!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    UncleJoeUncleJoe Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭
    nwcs, I suspect this coin will show up as a F/VF in a future auction.

It does have a full LIBERTY, doesn't it?image

Joe.
  • Options
    Where do these people get these assnine asking prices for no big deal junk? Where do they get these rediculous stories? The description isn't even accurate. I've NEVER seen a man urinate backwards unless he was doing so into a gale wind. And whats this other storm one with the semen stain? Oh brother.....
  • Options
    He'll be sending you guys e-mails about how supply and demand determine his prices and he'll be wanting to know where you got your PHD in Economics. As far as his ship in the storm quarter, that one is easy to duplicate, since the proof holders can be opened and closed without any evidence of tampering.
    I would like to see him defend his STUPIDITY on the boards.
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    All you guys just hate modern coins! image
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    This guy is just trying to rip off some newbie with more money than sense.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options

MICHAELDIXON
    Expert Collector
    Liar liar pants on fire.Here is the mail I sent to this idiot. See how this con artist twists the content of the letter to his advantage. It was not economics it was coin collecting. He reads but does not comprehend.typical, typical ,typical.I bet he also knows all about tampering with coins since he explained it so vividly.

Rare 2000 S SILVER MASSACHUSETTS DIE CRACK Item # 1377721633
    Date: 9/5/02 8:57:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time
    To: Dixonmjd@aol.com

Michael,
    You stated. This guy has relisted the set with a price of $95K. Stupidity runs rampant in his household!

At what university did you get your Ph.D. in coin collecting? They should have taught you something about supply and demand.
    PAT

AND HIS REPLY IS

Thursday September 26, 2002 9:37 AM
    (NEW!)
    He'll be sending you guys e-mails about how supply and demand determine his prices and he'll be wanting to know where you got your PHD in Economics. As far as his ship in the storm quarter, that one is easy to duplicate, since the proof holders can be opened and closed without any evidence of tampering.
    I would like to see him defend his STUPIDITY on the boards.

• Options

Sorry.... I thought this was Airplanenut's off-topic thread.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    this clown is soooooooooo baked

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
    Hi Pat. Glad to see you showed up.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stackgenerator spewed "I CHALLENGE anyone to show me another coin like this?" and...... it was done. Of course, his is now certified by ACG and we all know about the morals and ethics of people who sell ACG crap.

Now he buys a coin for $14 and lists it for $95,000 calling it rare. Amazing how no one has jumped on these deals of a lifetime.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    pontiacinf Expert Collector

You can't compete with a king learn how to spell. It's so not soooooooooo .
  • Options
    dbldie55
    Expert Collector Says
    stackgenerator spewed "I CHALLENGE anyone to show me another coin like this?" and...... it was done. Of course, his is now certified by ACG and we all know about the morals and ethics of people who sell ACG crap.

Now he buys a coin for $14 and lists it for $95,000 calling it rare. Amazing how no one has jumped on these deals of a lifetime.

I see another one can read but does not comprehend. The fella that sold his coin is one of the owners of the TEN coins total. He made a huge mistake. I only used ACG to show the coin was real to all the sceptics out there. So are you saying the coin is not real since ACG graded it?
  • Options
    MrLee
    Veteran
    Hello,
    Glad to see you also Lee
  • Options
    I recently emailed this seller with a few questions concerning the value of his coins and how he bases their value. Below is a copy of the email he sent me. I also ask him to visit this Forum to express his opinions..image

Hello Whoever you are,
    People ask me questions such as yours all the time. The coin that sold for 98,036.00 less than the one I have is mine. I was the winner of the coin you mentioned. I realized this coin is a rare one and could be the only one like it, hence the high premium. You may find another coin like this but I doubt it. So it seems like I am the only dealer out there for this coin. I just have the ability to spot rare coins and then turn around and advertise them the proper way.
    Next coin THE PISSING MINUTE MAN.
    The seller of these coins did not know how to advertise these coins nor did he know how many there were. I did some research on the Internet and found them to be a rare coin since none were being sold. There are probably a dozen of them out there. That is why the price is so high on these coins and if more are found then of course the price will plummet.
    DirtroadRider
  • Options
    KINCOIN,
    Why didn't you register your member name as "ConMan?" That would be a more appropriate one for you. All of us on the boards know you're just a dirtbag trying to scam a new collector out of their money.

"I bet he also knows all about tampering with coins since he explained it so vividly. " I got it from one of those insane, rambling e-mails you sent.
    "I only used ACG to show the coin was real to all the sceptics out there. So are you saying the coin is not real since ACG graded it?" Smooth! Very smooth! You loser! ACG sure gives credibility to this coin!
  • Options
    KINCOIN,
    To quote from your auction: "This is an EXTREMELY RARE RAW ERROR 2000 S PROOF SILVER MASSACHUSETTS cracked die error." Be a little less ignorant and change all your auction information to reflect it is certified by ACG OR can't you comprehend what raw means?
    Edited to add: I like your icon. What is the LO on the right hand side? Weren't you able to totally erase LOSER?
  • Options
    Yeah...It sounds like a lot of money BUT he pays shipping, handleing AND insurace!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file