Home Precious Metals

Have'nt seen silver at $28.00 + for awhile !!

Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
What are your thoughts?
Timbuk3

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't blink. image

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• Breakout Time !
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    just keep stackin and fuggetaboutit
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
    buy any dips
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    That was the number I was waiting for to dump my 40%, war 5c and slick SL quarters. I expect price to drop later.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Breakout Time ! >>

I hope you're right.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    What do I think? huh...lol, is that ever a loaded question.

With regards to $28 silver, I feel it's false hope yet again. This has happened before recently only to fall back to $26's, which does appear to be strong support. I still am not buying in any signifcant quantitiy and will sell every oz. i own if it gets to $35.
    Probably not the popular opinion, but it's an honest one at least. I feel I have been manipulated too long I guess and if reaches my decent profit point, I will be out(for awhile) to reap the reward of my patience.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    My local B+M finally has some gold coins and AGEs on display, so $gold goes up, Doah! But I see signs of creep back down this am. I'm still hoping for another month of good deals. Then willl be on the band wagon because we all know its going back up.

Piecesofme: Good affirmative. If that's good for you. I'm getting my 'base' done for long term. Then I'll see what I do shorter term afterwards, and will do some flipping from time to time.
    COA
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Speculation / anticipation that the Fed may QE.

<< <i>don't blink. image >>

you blinked.

I bought, then I blinked...
    AGEs:
    $50-1oz nice,
    $25-1/2oz mintstate,
    $5-1/10oz proof

<< <i>

you blinked. >>

COA

• << <i>

you blinked. >>

I don't know much about blinking other than I do a lot of it, but the Silver knockdown today was brought abought because it smacked its head against the 70 ema on the daily.
    This is normal operation. To be back in a true uptrend the 28.00 must be breached and held. The weekly is looking good indicating pull backs on the daily may be a good buy. If we continue to break down then the weekly will turn negative again and the monthly is teetering right on the brink. This is an area that the bulls and bears are doing serious battle and a lot of indecision or absolute conviction is lacking in both.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • She barley held on to $28 I was dissapointed since I expected a nice gain of $.20 to .25 not a loss of $.18
    She seems to be losing her luster
    She seems to be losing her luster

Done lost it about a year ago from my perspective. Only really been buying 2 things since...deals that are too good to pass up, or eye catchers like bars I've never seen before. I highly doubt silver will see $30 again if I live to be 90 (I'm 46). There might be one more once in a lifetime run in the next 45 years. Expecting anything else I feel is a happy place I just can't picture. Sorry, all jmho.
    What? No one wants to admit they went for the head fake? image
    Silver aint ever gonna see $30 again, you (may have) heard it here first. Sorry to break the bad news.
    Not trying to be a downer, just being realistic. Dont kill the messenger.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, silver will probably break $30 again, that's only +10% from here.

But I do agree with your central premise that silver is capped at $50 because it agrees with my own emotions: I'll start taking profits above about $35 and would sell most of it at $45, I would start to be a buyer below about $24 and would buy heavily below $15

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

I'll start taking profits above about $35 and would sell most of it at $45, I would start to be a buyer below about $24 and would buy heavily below $15

I agree with those key points except for I would sell most at $35-40. I wouldn't wait on $45.
    With these predictions, I'm glad I got my base amount of PMs. But there will always be swings.

Now ya tell me... Ever? I'll take that $30 bet!
    (messenger keep ur head down now...)

I'll sell silver on a good price to rotate to better stock.

That sounds like good buy numbers for the next cycle, -after the crash.

COA
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that the "perma bulls" have not chimed in along with the "doomsday preppers." What is this Forum coming to? image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    I saw the thread title, - thought, "Yeah. Well don't blink." - Then I opened the thread...

Derryb, get outta my head! image
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm surprised that the "perma bulls" have not chimed in along with the "doomsday preppers." What is this Forum coming to? image >>

Sorry, was at the store buying 90% since it's about to go to the moon.image
    and I was stocking up on MREs

<< <i>and I was stocking up on MREs >>

Good one....You better make it corn or soybeanimage
  • WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    Silver aint ever gonna see $30 again

I'll take the over on that.

Well don't blink

Too late!
    Let it be known that I never offered a bet. Already been banned for doing that once LOL.
    It's merely my opinion.
  • The monthly and weekly are still bottoming and they look pretty good (dec Silver) todays action on the daily brought it right back to the 70 day ema for the third time.
    we do need to breach this 70 ema as a confirmation of the weekly and monthly action. Still looks good to buy on any pull backs on the daily.
    A note on the hourly... for months we could not get our head above the 72 hour ema and hold it for more than three days. In the most recent couple of weeks we have breached it and held for three days, lost it and now over it again, this is an indication that the bulls are beginning to win this battle at this price level 25-28. We need to rise above 28.50 and hold it and move on up from there.

As mentioned the daily is smacking its head for the third time on the 70 day ema and so we could see a little weakening, but it might have played its self out today. Look to buy on any pull backs.
    We need to rise above 28.50 and hold it and move on up from there

I agree, that's about it in a nutshell. $28.50 might as well be $100 though the way it gets b-slapped back down each and every time it tries to overcome it.
    My "prediction" from earlier in this post is still my sentiment. I'd love to be wrong, but so far I'm right. I know, it's a long road, but it's very hard to make anything when the waters are so stagnant.
  • Its looking pretty good the last couple of days, hope you picked up some on that last little pull back.

30.00-30.70 is the next area to get through and hold above it. If we can do that then we will be witnessing a true break out. This base has been built over a few months so we have an excellent spring board to propel forward/upward from.
  • Ok, we are getting into an area on the dec Silver where the Monthly and the weekly are indicating there maybe some resistance and consolidation at the $30.25-$30.70 range. Times past we have surmounted this obstacle and then retested and consolidated right within this resistance area. These are fluid resistance areas based on the ema's. More than likely some fibinachi numbers fall into play in this area as well as Gann %'s. A little consolidation is good.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Silver aint ever gonna see $30 again, you (may have) heard it here first. Sorry to break the bad news.
    Not trying to be a downer, just being realistic. Dont kill the messenger. >>

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What? No one wants to admit they went for the head fake? image
    Silver aint ever gonna see $30 again, you (may have) heard it here first. Sorry to break the bad news.

Saying silver will never get to $30 is the same thing as saying the US dollar index will never get to 80.

I'm honestly at a loss of words for both predictions.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im wondering if not silver right now how about oil? just curious

• << <i>and I was stocking up on MREs >>

According to a Texas Judge yesterday you might need those MRE's sooner than you may think.
    lmao. I know some people have been chomping at the bit for $30 silver just so the can post here and say egg on my face lol. That tells me alot about those kind of people. All I can say is, hindsight is easy and, all the $26 and $27 Silver I bought could give a crap less image
    Did I not say all along that I hope that I am wrong? I REALLY wish people would read the WHOLE post when people post something here, and not just the part that they want to read, apparently over & over (and STILL not get it right lol).
    What can I say, I expect nothing less. You gotta laugh when the jokes on you. Go ahead, yuck it up, have a good one on me. lol
    So to the know it alls, where does it go from here. How about YOU go out on a limb and forecast what you think will happen?
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I sure wish I knew where it was going from here.

I do not do well guessing except for one time.

Most of the time I am wrong.
  • Was able to buy some 90% for 18X and a silver eagle for $30 from a pawn shop hungry for business (only $100 sale though) today with CC. The Aden sisters article on Kitco today looks very positive on pms....
    I'm thinking it's light hearted and we're all relieved its going up. You too? I'll use that pic as my FB icon.

Hear that! shhh, listen...
    -The trees shaken out sellers.
    -Writers typing up articles about predicting this and hype for tomorrow's publications (still chk spot before they press publish).

I'll happily predict it will keep 'creeping up overall' but erratic. This is just a teaser for Sept and beyond.
    COA
  • $30 for silver is an important psychological barrier. If it continues to stay above that then we could see forward momentum. I don't see any good reason for a significant pullback at this point. My advice to others would be to pick a good exit point as the momentum builds--$40/oz.--how's that for counting your chickens before they are hatched?
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>lmao. I know some people have been chomping at the bit for $30 silver just so the can post here and say egg on my face lol. That tells me alot about those kind of people. All I can say is, hindsight is easy and, all the $26 and $27 Silver I bought could give a crap less image
    Did I not say all along that I hope that I am wrong? I REALLY wish people would read the WHOLE post when people post something here, and not just the part that they want to read, apparently over & over (and STILL not get it right lol).
    What can I say, I expect nothing less. You gotta laugh when the jokes on you. Go ahead, yuck it up, have a good one on me. lol
    So to the know it alls, where does it go from here. How about YOU go out on a limb and forecast what you think will happen? >>

I guess you mean me but if I had read your post a few days earlier, with all honesty, I would have replied exactly the way I did today.

My views on the price of PM's are well known on these boards.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Silver aint ever gonna see $30 again, you (may have) heard it here first. Sorry to break the bad news.

image >>

It will go up and down, much like the egg, except you will have a hell of a time removing all that silvery yolk!

Messenger still breathing. Relax.

For those that held and continue to hold, don't fret about the daily charts, way to go!

BTW, Sinclair is still the man.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see you posting, Miles. This group needs more exposure to steady hands such as yours.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    "A price rebound for metals across the board encouraged speculators to start to rebuild bullish positions in precious metals futures and options, according to U.S. government data released Friday."

The "market makers" are testing the waters.
  • We will see if this 30.70 area holds, its an important area for both resistance and support. Since we broke it on the upside somewhat smoothly we should expect it to now act as support.

This 30.70 is an inportant area on both the monthly and weekly dec Silver. on the down side 30.55 would be the next expected support. We have spiked up rather fast and a little (few days or so) of consolidation is good.
  • With 5 waves down on the hourly we are holding just above the $30.55 level on Dec. Silver. The dollar looks like it is trying to make a run at 82-82.25 but it appears to be a weak try thus far.

The daily and the weekly Silver are looking like they want a little sideways channeling to happen right in this 30.55-31.00 range. The Monthly still appears solidly up, but with some resistance still at the 30.70- 31.20 level.

The next great place to buy is at 30.00 or just above, if it hits it.

*****Buyer beware in all commodities markets*******
  • On the Dec Silver the 30.55 bottom on the hourly has been tested twice and held. We are spending much more time at the top of this 30.55-31.00 range thus showing that the bulls are not

want to let this run slide as in the past. We have smacked the 31.00 level 5 distinct times and met with sufficient selling to stop any futher upward movement, but again we have only had 2

visits to the 30.55 area. This so far is looking like a good buy area each time it visits, we may not see the 30.00 range. The sideways channeling is taking place and may continue through the

week (consolidation).

The monthly is still looking strong, but to remain so we eventually, over the next 3-4 weeks, need to push solidly over this 30.70-31.25 range, and into the 32.00 range for some more consolidation.
  • That recent six day run up in silver was more explosive than any 5-10 run dating back to the 2008 low. At no time from the 2008 low to the high set at 49.82 was there a run so explosive.

Anyone want to take a gander at the meaning of the explosive magnitude, and what if anything it is projecting into the future?

Looks like over the next week or more the 30.00 range (29.65) is our retrace target for this short term correction. The 30.55 area finally broke, this may take a while of 29.65-30.55 before we burst through the 30.70-31.20 level. You have to give it to the shorts, they don't lay down their weapons easy. They may retreat in the face of an onslaught, but they are good at regrouping choosing their stand and launching effective counter attacks. A tough opponent we have here.
  • As mentioned earlier, this $30.00 area or just above may be a very good buying area, on the Dec Silver. The weekly and the monthly still look solid.
  • Hit 31 today
  • Still buying; I picked up decent Peace dollars and Morgans for $25 today and AES for $32 each and I could have bought a lot more if I had the ready money.
  • Wow ! wasn't really expecting a 1.00 move today, and it burst right through that 30.70- 31.20 Dec Silver resistance like it was not even there. I'm affraid some (a lot) of those Silver shorters had their stops busted up and a frenzied spat of buying had to take place. One week of consolidation and BAM !! Great Move, now lets see if we can hold this above the 31.20 area, it should now act as support and another buy opportunity area.

The Weekly and Monthly dec Silver are still looking solid.

The dollar was hit inversely hard and looks like it wants to visit the 78-79 level again.