Home Precious Metals

Have'nt seen silver at $28.00 + for awhile !!

Comments

• That 31.20 area on the Dec Silver held smartly. It was tested twice at 31.265 and again at 31.295 both times reversing back upwards showing pent up strength just above the 31.20 area.

Now at 32.20, this area seems to present a smaller degree of resistance than did the 30.70-31.20 range. The histogram on the daily isn't looking the greatest but it is not confirmed by the hourly, 90 minute, nor the weekly or monthly, so at this point I'm discounting it as being a significant marker at this time.

The next objective and an area that appears to present some more significant resistance is at he 34.97 area on the Dec Silver.

We will have to keep an eye on this 32.20 area for indications of roll over, 31.40-31.50 would be the next buying opportunity if that occurs.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • The dollar is getting a little support in todays trading and is in a support area in both the daily and the weekly. It appears that it is not being wholy supported at this level or is being defended weakly. The bigger trend on the monthly has clearly rolled over and is projecting at least a target of 79.75-78.00

Again the 82.25 area is support on the weekly of which it has broken under but is not yet beyond its potential recovery on a short term basis. If this 82.25 area is clearly/solidly violated then a target of 79.75-78.00 is in order.

This dollar action today coincides with the current resistance we are experincing at the 32.20-32.45 area on the Dec Silver Contract. 32.45 is also a .625% area of (49.82 high x 3.50 low) it is somewhat significant and most likely explains the Histogram negativity on the daily Dec Silver, but again the weekly and the Monthly Silver is solid and appear to be projecting at least the 34.97 area.
  • We spent 4 days in the 32.20 - 32.45 resistance area and finally broke through it today.

We have already tested this as a new support are twice this a.m., once at 32.37 and bounced back up with a vengence. Again at 32.51 and reversed up.

Our next objective is the 34.97 area. The Weekly and the Monthly are still solidly projecting an uptrend.
  • Well the bears just were not willing to let that move past the 32.20-32.45 range (.625 resistance area) last. We now corrected to the 32.20 of that support floor (now that we have came back to it) If this fails to hold we would be looking at the 31.60 area for a potential buy area.
    We were getting a little extended, and these corrections are to be expected and offer buying opportunities within the larger up trend.

Thought I'd keep updating this until I win the coveted "EGG ON MY FACE" award. Someone please let me know when I've earned it, as most of us egotistical chartist just cant seem to see when weve already got egg on our face.
  • As mentioned above the Dollar was getting weak support at the 82.25 level and has now clearly violated that area. It is now headed to the projected 79.75-78 area that the weekly & monthly has been indicating. This event inversely has helped propel our Silver up about a buck this a.m.

Dec Silver hit 32.00 early early a.m. just below the 32.20 floor and above the 31.60 secondary support and received significant buying. The 32.45 area should now offer a good support and buying opportunity if it is visited.

The 34.97 mid term projection is not far off and the next projection based on the monthly and weekly is 38.01-38.24. This area is a combination of 75% of all time low to high, and 50%
    of the april 2011 high to the june 2012 low.

All indicators on the weekly and Monthly remain solid at this time.

Edit was to add the following only: The Dollar 82.25 number in each place used above, was meant to read 81.25, Sorry for the error. Thats what happens when I move from chart to the forums, I usually catch it, but I carried this error forward until now.
  • The dollar is getting support on the weekly and daily in this 80.20 range and it may continue for a day or two, but it don't appear it will be significant, and then the downward march to 79.75-78 should continue based on the monthly. It eventually is projecting the 76 area.

An update on the Dec Silver: the hourly, 90 min, daily are pointing to a potential buying opportunity at the 32.90 area and if that does not hold then the 32.45 area mentioned earlier. this coincides with the dollar action above.

The Monthly and Weekly Dec Silver still solidly up.
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

<< <i>..pointing to a potential buying opportunity at the 32.90 area and if that does not hold then the 32.45 area... >>

Nice! Thanks for the update.
    COA
  • 2nd update for 9/10/12

The weekly dec silver ema's are converging from below and are right at the potential crossover point.

Being we have had quite a blast of a run the past three weeks we may see some stickiness in this area we have been in the past three trading days.

A $1.25 trading range may develop over the next few days while this crossover battle is fully engaged where winner takes all.

The lower end of the range may be a good buy (mentioned earlier) and the high end a temporary sell.

We will have to watch this weekly cross over area for guiding developments in this battle... remember winner takes all.

The Monthly is still saying up up and away !
  • I can not actually believe what I'm looking at, but it appears dec Silver is setting up for another $1.00 push up at tomorrows open.

Now this could be quashed by a lot of determined bears that do not want another round of short covering.

We will just have to see who wins this one.
  • Well the bears appear to have sucessfully quashed the early move at 33.87 this morning.

The bulls made an effort, but the sellers were their to match and raise.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well the bears appear to have sucessfully quashed the early move at 33.87 this morning.

The bulls made an effort, but the sellers were their to match and raise. >>

Not enough energy in the charts. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Very close to hitting the first objective on the dollar based on the monthly, we hit 79.79 on our way to the 79.75-78 area and potentially the 76 area.

The decline in the dollar today was not inversely matched in the Dec Silver and shows again there is not a lock step reaction in each move.

On the dxy dollar monthly this area may have some support but it appears that it will be temporary at best per the monthly.

Still following the previous posts on Dec Silver.
  • Well we visited the 32.45 area breifly this a.m., as mentioned earlier this was the low in which a good buy could be had. So far we have had a quick run up to 33.05 area on the dec Silver.

We need to get above 33.12 and hold that securely to remain short term bull, other wise we may see 31.25 and that would be a screaming buy based on the Monthly and the Weekly.

If we can get above 33.12 and above and hold the next two days then the 34.97 objective should be shortly had.

The Monthly is still pegging Up ! The weekly is up to neutral, the daily is neutral overall, and the 5 min- 90 min are fluctuating overall neutral between bull/bear.

The DXY dollar crept down and is inside the Monthly target area, it still appears weak but its in an area where support is being provided. Once this area faulters we should be looking for the resumation of the downtrend to the 78 area and potentially 76, per the Monthly.
  • Bounced along the 33.12 area for quite awhile last night and this a.m., then we took a quick 15 minute dip lower only to come rushing back over the 33.12 support on up to 34.87

Now the 34.97 objective was only .10 cents away so I'll say we met that objective. As mentioned earlier the expected 34.97 was to shortly come, and that was short.

On a quick look the 34.07 area should present another good buy area if we visit it on the way to the next objective of 38.00-38.24

The Monthly Dec Silver is still Pegging Up and the Weekly went from Up-Semi Neutral to Up.

Expecting some consolidation at this 34.97-35.17 level, as we are experiencing now.

I don't plan to continue to update daily, but chime in here and there. I can see why people want paid for this type of daily analysis, even if its not 100% correct.

Another great day in the Silver market !!!
  • Ok we made out good so far at the 34.07 buy point mentioned on the 13th and we did hit 35.10 just under the 35.17 top end resistance point expected. So if you bought the 34.07 area and sold the upper range of 34.97-35.10 you did fine. If you did however, you need to get back in at some point.

If tomorrows 9/20 open heads south we may be looking at the 33.91 area as a good buy area.

On the dollar, inversely we may see a furthering of this short term up trend to the 79.83 area. We should then see a resumation of the down trend.

The dec silver monthly is still pegging up and the DXY dollar monthly is clearly in a down trend.
  • Ok, If you have been buying the 33.91 area every time it has been reached since 9/20 your sitting in the cat bird seat.

The nay sayers are ready to capitalize on your holdings and hoping to slam you down hard. Hang tight 38.00 could only be a week and a half away.

The weekly silver has improved, the monthly has maintained its upward trend and is projecting much further progress to the upside.

We are poised and the battle is on, and the long and medium trend is currently up. The daily and hourly have been seesawing for two weeks, is it distribution or accumulation?

It is both. There will be a winner and my money is on the accumulation. We should have two good weeks of uptrend before we get to a moderate reversal phase.

In the mean time be prepared to pare back down at the 38.00 area, and we will consult the weekly and monthly and come up with our new entry point for the next upswing at that time.

Wow, I'm already counting this one in the bag.

• image >>

Well I earned the Egg on Face, "Bad Call" badge, for the $38.00 in 1 1/2 weeks projection.

Now looking at $31.92 as a very good buy area on the Dec Silver.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's wise, when utilizing a crystal ball, not to publicize ones prediction on a daily basis. The egg on your face is well deserved. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Thats why I did it, I knew if I kept it going long enough I would win the coveted "egg on the face" prize eventually. Its in the numbers, its in the odds.

This is what I posted on this thread Sept 6th: "Thought I'd keep updating this until I win the coveted "EGG ON MY FACE" award. Someone please let me know when I've earned it, as most of us egotistical chartist just cant seem to see when weve already got egg on our face".

NP. :-) 'Thanks for the buy hole, actually.' $38 later is fine. Peel the egg off, and keep predicting.

Got 2, 10oz bars, and a 2oz Yr of the Dragon today. ($33.50/$737)

COA
  • We hit the 31.92 buy area as mentioned above and briefly sold below it by .21 cents. That took out any very close stops. Unless your sticking to a very tight money management system, you should alow for an approximate .30 cent momentum/stop eater margin both on the up and down side. This 31.71-31.92 area should now hold, and provide the base for a realatively quick recovery to the 35.00 area and on up to the 38.00 area. We could see this happen quickly, so be prepared.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sticking with "30 before 35" as I believe the current correction has more legs.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

<< <i>We hit the 31.92 buy area as mentioned above and briefly sold below it by .21 cents. That took out any very close stops. Unless your sticking to a very tight money management system, you should alow for an approximate .30 cent momentum/stop eater margin both on the up and down side. This 31.71-31.92 area should now hold, and provide the base for a realatively quick recovery to the 35.00 area and on up to the 38.00 area. We could see this happen quickly, so be prepared. >>

With your recent track record, I'll stick with derryb prediction over yours. Lets see if you can redeem yourselfimage

• << <i>

<< <i>We hit the 31.92 buy area as mentioned above and briefly sold below it by .21 cents. That took out any very close stops. Unless your sticking to a very tight money management system, you should alow for an approximate .30 cent momentum/stop eater margin both on the up and down side. This 31.71-31.92 area should now hold, and provide the base for a realatively quick recovery to the 35.00 area and on up to the 38.00 area. We could see this happen quickly, so be prepared. >>

With your recent track record, I'll stick with derryb prediction over yours. Lets see if you can redeem yourselfimage >>

Oh I see, I make a month and a half of correct calls and then when I make one mistake you throw me over the side with no life preserver and tell me sink or swim.
    There just isn't any loyalty anymore image......... Hope you know I'm joking image

Seriously, I think you would have to have a really thick skin to be in the professional forcasting game, or a just don't care attitude, ie make it up as you go and not really caring if your right or wrong, just pump out the words and numbers to the voracious appetite of the money enthusists.

<< <i>

<< <i>

With your recent track record, I'll stick with derryb prediction over yours. Lets see if you can redeem yourselfimage >>

Oh I see, I make a month and a half of correct calls and then when I make one mistake you throw me over the side with no life preserver and tell me sink or swim.
    There just isn't any loyalty anymore image......... Hope you know I'm joking image

Seriously, I think you would have to have a really thick skin to be in the professional forcasting game, or a just don't care attitude, ie make it up as you go and not really caring if your right or wrong, just pump out the words and numbers to the voracious appetite of the money enthusists. >>

How true.....I'm sure you know that when it comes to money or investing...the old saying is: "what have you done for me lately," and not 6 month's ago or even last year. BTW, I love reading your positive post's. The ones that make sense to a layman like myself, I'll pay attention to, the ones that don't, I'll take with a grain of salt. NO ONE CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE, NOT EVEN THE MAYANS, but to be on the safe side, I'll make sure that my vintage Chivas Regal will not go to wasteimage

<< <i>image >>

That is one mean looking old coasterimage
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need training wheels image
  • Well I'll take that as a bottom. If using the 31.71 bottom, missed it by .18 cents (31.53), thats not bad.

We did not get another down draft, as none was expected. If this area does (31.92-31.53) not hold then we could be looking at the sub 30.00 area and which would mean all bets are off on a bull continuation any time soon.

This is not however expected and the resumation to $38.00 and up is.... Commencing Now !!

<< <i>Well I'll take that as a bottom. If using the 31.71 bottom, missed it by .18 cents (31.53), thats not bad.

We did not get another down draft, as none was expected. If this area does (31.92-31.53) not hold then we could be looking at the sub 30.00 area and which would mean all bets are off on a bull continuation any time soon.

This is not however expected and the resumation to $38.00 and up is.... Commencing Now !! >>

Good grief...not you again with your charts & predictions...lets see if you can redeem yourself with the above one.image
    Numbers.....time for you to throw away that crystal ball & charts image
    Its down right now. Go buy some before it hikes back.
    COA
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Numbers.....time for you to throw away that crystal ball & charts image >>

Or he has a perfect inverse relationship?! image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

• << <i>Numbers.....time for you to throw away that crystal ball & charts image >>

You may be right... I won another "EGG on The Face" award and all within a 3 week period.

I did however gain a new Grand Daughter and she is very healthy and cute as can be. We spent the past 3 weeks visiting our children and grand children.
    I have basicaly been away from the news world, the election and the markets.... And a computer screen. It was nice to shut that side of life off for awhile.

But now I'm rejuvinated. And now that the populance has spoken and we are a clear "give me" country forevermore, lets make our plans accordingly.

The Dems now have a super majority in the state of caleefornia. No budget increase too small and no tax hike will go forlorned any longer.

Buy silver and stash away some more gold and love life.
    Most of us wear egg. This IS the egg forum.

• BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    not worried about a doomsday thing, however, being an investor, I definitely see things getting much worse before they get better so silver is going to be my primary investment purchases for awhile and I'll leave my stocks alone for awhile and let them sit. At least until I see that we're at a bottom or the stagnant economy changes.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>not worried about a doomsday thing, however, being an investor, I definitely see things getting much worse before they get better so silver is going to be my primary investment purchases for awhile and I'll leave my stocks alone for awhile and let them sit. At least until I see that we're at a bottom or the stagnant economy changes. >>

Why is silver the primary vs gold? I like both but most of the conversation on the boards is about silver for investment.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
    No reason other than I can buy small segments at a time and resell the same. AGE's can be had at 1/10s, of course, but I'd rather avoid the premium.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

<< <i>

<< <i>not worried about a doomsday thing, however, being an investor, I definitely see things getting much worse before they get better so silver is going to be my primary investment purchases for awhile and I'll leave my stocks alone for awhile and let them sit. At least until I see that we're at a bottom or the stagnant economy changes. >>

Why is silver the primary vs gold? I like both but most of the conversation on the boards is about silver for investment. >>

at current prices, over last four years silver gains are 300% and gold gains are 200%. I personally think silver will continue to perform better over the long term. Keep in mind that silver prices are much more volatile, but we did see it get close to $50. Also keep in mind that at one time gold was $35.

Also, gold is getting at that range where the average Joe just won't be able to get in. At about $33/oz, any working stiff can buy 1-3 ounces every day. More potential buyers in the silver game.

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost 7 yr bump.

"Have'nt seen silver at $28.00 + for awhile !!"

Me neither!!

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:
    Almost 7 yr bump.

"Have'nt seen silver at $28.00 + for awhile !!"

Me neither!!

Those were the days. Would be nice to see again, I have a boatload to sell but not holding my breath.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would be nice to see silver hit a high again.... except we might not like the reason behind it.... be careful what you wish for....Cheers, RickO

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe most are holding waiting for higher prices ( $30's)

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2019 10:35AM

The apostrophe goes between the n and the t, not between the e and the n.

But we can probably trust the math, lmao

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2019 5:03PM

@ricko said:
    Would be nice to see silver hit a high again.... except we might not like the reason behind it.... be careful what you wish for....Cheers, RickO

Head on over to the bay, I've still got a few pieces listed there above the $28 mark.

Feel free to throw me an offer.

• ARCOARCO Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody who bought silver at the $28.00 is only underwater about 45% after almost 8 years. Metals, what a splendid "store of value".

edited November 11, 2019 10:43AM

@ARCO said:
    Anybody who bought silver at the $28.00 is only underwater about 45% after almost 8 years. Metals, what a splendid "store of value".

Its insurance. Get it right!! Haha

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

again, it's picking time frames.

we've seen this movie a thousand times. new words to discuss are welcome.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@MsMorrisine said:
    again, it's picking time frames.

we've seen this movie a thousand times. new words to discuss are welcome.

When an asset has its days in the sun only once a generation, there aint much new to talk about.

All thats left is hyperbole and cartoons. I wish it was different.