Home Precious Metals
Options

Another Shocking Prediction from Yale's Robert Shiller: ACT NOW

giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 31, 2018 6:35AM in Precious Metals

Who writes these? "Bitcoin could be extinct by 2118." It almost makes me ashamed to claim Yale as my alma mater. Sell the gold! Euthanize the animals! Throw out the bathwater! Oh, the horror of it all.

Fixed link below

Yes, and we could all be swimming in methane mix on Europa by then and breathing through our toe gills, and Elon Musk's genius will have succeeding in prolonging his life sufficiently to fix all the Tesla bugs, build an underground rail tunnel from Hawaii (not the Big Island!) to Boston, and live to age 268 through AI.

But I'm not betting on it.

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fixed your link

Nobel Prize-winning economist Robert Shiller questions whether bitcoin will be around in 100 years; he discusses with Sara Eisen.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/05/29/yales-robert-shiller-suggests-bitcoins-future-is-in-jeopardy.html

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

Thank you @OPA

Kind regards,

George

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:) !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard that bitcoin will be 25,000 by this time next year. Guest on MSNBC says so.

bob :(

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although none of us will be around to see it... I am sure Bitcoin and other crypto currencies will vanish and a government controlled currency will emerge... Such an uncontrolled medium of exchange...in mega values - cannot be allowed, it undermines the entire system of political monetary control. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is like a Colonel Jessup thread! :D

• Options

@ricko said:
    Although none of us will be around to see it... I am sure Bitcoin and other crypto currencies will vanish and a government controlled currency will emerge... Such an uncontrolled medium of exchange...in mega values - cannot be allowed, it undermines the entire system of political monetary control. Cheers, RickO

@Ricko frankly at this point I am still worried about next year (he said cryptically). But buying and selling Blockchain for a profit rather than buying one of those nifty handy-dandy crypto hardware wallets and going off and mining virtual wealth (or virtual poverty, more likely in my case) was sweet for me, even if it was only a few hundred bucks.

Kind regards,

George

• Options

There's just so much to worry about ... the fragility of the EU (currently Italy's government, or lack thereof); potential Russian encroachment in _____ (fill in the blank); the crucial outcomes of negotiations between the U.S. and Iran/U.S. and North Korea; impending trade wars with our longstanding allies and ignorantly imposed tariffs (if you think your consumer prices in the U.S. aren't going to soar, you aren't paying attention); ballooning deficits spurred by fiscal injudiciousness; an overpriced stock market looking very long in the tooth; political instability likely with upcoming midterm elections.

I think I'll take a vacation while my dollar still buys something.

Kind regards,

George

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@giorgio11 said:
    There's just so much to worry about ... the fragility of the EU (currently Italy's government, or lack thereof); potential Russian encroachment in _____ (fill in the blank); the crucial outcomes of negotiations between the U.S. and Iran/U.S. and North Korea; impending trade wars with our longstanding allies and ignorantly imposed tariffs (if you think your consumer prices in the U.S. aren't going to soar, you aren't paying attention); ballooning deficits spurred by fiscal injudiciousness; an overpriced stock market looking very long in the tooth; political instability likely with upcoming midterm elections.

I think I'll take a vacation while my dollar still buys something.

Kind regards,

George

Yup....same nonsense we worried about 6 years ago.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear