Any horse racing cards available?

HallcoHallco Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭
edited June 19, 2018 6:47AM in Vintage Sportscard Trading

Prefer 70s or older. Oddball stuff welcome as long as it is genuine. Please message me if you have anything available. Looking for bigger names(Seabiscuit, Man O' War, Triple Crown or Ky Derby, Preakness or Belmont Winners, Horse Racing Hall of Fame members, etc). NOT looking for Jockey cards. Thanks!

Comments

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 576 ✭✭✭✭

@Hallco said:
    Prefer 70s or older. oddball stuff welcome as long as it is genuine. Message me if you have any. Looking for bigger names(Seabiscuit, Man O' War, Triple Crown Winners, etc).

Nice pursuit - good luck!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• bishopbishop Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭

The only horsey cards I have are a set my daughter left behind that pictures all Kentucky Derby winners that was put out by the Kentucky Derby Museum near Churchill Downs. She updated it each year with the new winner card until she left for college. Not sure what the first year of issue was but it did picture all winners on individual cards back to the beginning. Do not know if it is still updated or if not in what year they stopped.

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • bishopbishop Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭

Hi Bishop. Thanks! Yes, I am very familiar with those. I actually have all of the ones I care about at the moment. I really appreciate you showing me those though. Thank you!

Belmont eve bump! :)

• What are some of the rarest and best horse racing cards?

What are some of the most overpopulated worse horse racing cards?

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭

I've got a 1968 Atlantic Oil panel with Damascus (67 Preakness & Belmont winner) if you're interested.

@LarkinCollector said:
    I've got a 1968 Atlantic Oil panel with Damascus (67 Preakness & Belmont winner) if you're interested.

Dr Fager's rival! Pm sent :)

@LarkinCollector said:

Just in case others are interested in what they look like, and I just think threads are more interesting with pics ...

and a 1981 Smithsonian Willie Shoemaker on Spectacular Bid

edited June 14, 2018 10:17AM

Also, I don't have any, but there are several horses in the 1937 Kellogg's Pep Stamps set, most notably Exterminator the 1918 Derby winner. Pompoon, Sun Beau, Top Flight, and likely others are in the set as well.

Thanks! I will try to find some.

edited June 19, 2018 7:48AM

@NIPSZX said:
    What are some of the rarest and best horse racing cards?

What are some of the most overpopulated worse horse racing cards?

Rarest are probably cards I have never seen or heard of! Lol. I guess "worse" would just be a matter of individual taste. I personally don't care for many of the Panini releases from the last 15 years although they seem quite popular based on prices.

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Those cards are so cool

Never knew cards like that existed

Good luck in pursuit

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

@jay0791 said:
    Those cards are so cool

Never knew cards like that existed

Good luck in pursuit

Thank you. Still looking for more if anyone has some.