Hh

SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 25, 2018 8:37PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Kp

Comments

• Options
    RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

cool toning

Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Old toned and gold. Love it.

• Options
    edited May 24, 2018 5:34PM

Not Coinstar (nobody would believe that anyways even if true) .... but instead found in the “wild” at a local B&M shop ... for me anything not online is wild ...

• Options
    USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh ya I would have picked that up in a New York minute.

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love it !
    Very nice, and in my favorite plastic !

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome find!

WTG SS.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am interested. VERY interested. Love it!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool look

M

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love it.

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reminds me of the MS70 cleansings in the other thread but nice pickup!

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2018 8:45PM

Nice, looks like honest natural wear, and not messed with. A good score. The obverse looks to have a tad more detail than an 8 imo, but tough to tell from the photos.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

<3

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL - your name DID come up when he showed me that piece at lunch today. The bugger was early so went to a local coin shop before meeting up with me. Didn't even invite me to the coin shop, can you believe THAT? :#

@jwitten said:

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭✭

Great looking coin!

• Options

@Bochiman said:
    LOL - your name DID come up when he showed me that piece at lunch today. The bugger was early so went to a local coin shop before meeting up with me. Didn't even invite me to the coin shop, can you believe THAT? :#

@jwitten said:

And Bochi treated...but then he made me pay retail+ for one of his widgets...should have been Ruth’s Chris instead of Red Robin. :astonished:

• Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2018 11:27PM

Nice coin. I like it.

Not coincidentally, the toning on your coin reminds it me a bit of my example of the type:

Thanks for sharing...MIke

Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool the color is so deep it looks like it hurts.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BruceS said:
    Nice, looks like honest natural wear, and not messed with. A good score. The obverse looks to have a tad more detail than an 8 imo, but tough to tell from the photos.

The obverse is VF. The reverse is a VG8 though and that carried the grade here.

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice old gold... that has seen some commerce in it's time.... Nice find. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find and score. It's worn and aged , perfectly

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a really nice coin!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file