Home Precious Metals
Options

Has anyone ever dealt with the: US Gold Firm?

OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw a page long add in my local Newspaper, saying that they are selling 1/10 oz AGE's for $138 each with free s&h & payments via cc. That appears to be to good to be true. But you can only order them over the phone & not available on their web site.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Comments

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tag. You first.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

The listed phone # in their add is: 1-872-302-1015.....but I'm just curious if any one has ever ordered from them.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Illinois number

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

@AUandAG said:
    Illinois number

Interesting...they are located in Texas. Phone # must be a call center.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That seems odd.... I wonder why phone only.... could be bait and switch, or they are depending on their sales people to talk you into more than your original intent. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope,, never heard of them either.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

never heard of them.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Typically those type of ads have a small asterisk next to the price tying the price to the spot value of the metal.
    I used to see it all of the time in "The Rifleman" Magazine.
    JMO :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

These kind of advertisements have been around for quite awhile, under various names, and perhaps this is just a new one. Typically... they want you to have to call to get the deal... which may be tied in to gold market and may have 'increased' in price when you talk to them. You will likely be talking to a 'trained' salesperson,, who will use various meant to get you to commit to additional items (at higher prices). You will obviously have to provide them with your credit card number... so hope they are reputable. Even if you are able to call, get the great price without any hitches, and end up getting the coins... be prepared for quite a few 'followup' high sales pressure calls to get you to buy more higher priced items.

There is no free lunch. Others on the forum have purchased these kind of deals... and there has been quite a bit of discussion of pesky salesperson calls afterwards. I myself have always stayed away from these offers. (Except for the ones that advertise the wonderful 'golden' dollars recently discovered in a vault and being offered to the lucky few in the public who respond now for the special price!! NOT!!)

----- kj
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh... and in many cases, one can only get a very limited number of the coins at the promo price. Of course... additional ones are available for a 'slight' price increase and a specified 'handling charge'... especially for you for a one time offer! Or you will be offered upgrades such as 'certified' gold which is much more 'rarer'..... again at 'special' prices!

----- kj
  • Options

tincup. You most likely "hit the nail on the head" with your responses. I was not planning on buying anything from that outfit. As the saying goes: Caveat Emptor....I was just wondering, if anyone on this forum will admit to, in having dealt with that company and what the final verdict was. >:)

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting !!! :)

Timbuk3