Home U.S. Coin Forum

Love this website

Hi collectors, I am new here and I can already tell that the quality of THIS site is far better than the previous coin related forum I tried out. Newbie collector here trying to learn as much as possible and share my personal favorites etc. Excited to be a part of this community. Thank you.

My Collection (so far): Silver American Eagles, Gold American Eagles, Silver Proofs, and Gold Proofs.

My Precious Metals Dealer: U.S. Bullion Reserve in Los Angeles, CA

Comments

• Thank you Smudge, super excited. I'm already in love with some Silver and Gold Eagles (my first coins ever, and I am 34 years old...) so I can only imagine what else is available out there. Thanks for the welcoming, have a great day!

My Collection (so far): Silver American Eagles, Gold American Eagles, Silver Proofs, and Gold Proofs.

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the best site ever as experts will answer your question usually within minutes.

Pay attention. Learn who knows what. There are some blowhards.

You can learn a great deal here.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@david214 ...Welcome aboard....Silver and Gold Eagles are beautiful coins... and there is so much more to explore in the world of numismatics....and if you like history, there is a world of history in coins as well. Cheers, RickO

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome. Sorry you didn't like us on the other site, lol.

• BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome, Show us some of your favorites.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.

I see you've already included a link to the company we had a hunch you worked for ;)

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    Welcome. Sorry you didn't like us on the other site, lol.

There is another site? (sarcasm)

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    I see you've already included a link to the company we had a hunch you worked for ;)

Good point, links to dealers can get flagged.

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard. Don't take anything personal and remember its about sharing & Learning. Great folks on this Board. It has a great Question & Answer section and the best advice is to listen read learn and enjoy. Welcome aboard. We look forward to your posts, pictures & thoughts.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

@Smudge said:

@jwitten said:

Good point, links to dealers can get flagged.

His one and only thread on the other site got poofed. It read like a sales pitch for the company he links in his sig line. We mentioned that, he didn't like it. I missed why it got poofed, unfortunately.

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome abroad! You have unlimited access to wealth of information here...proceed with open mind and thirst for knowledge :)

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome. I am sure you will like this site.

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome.

• ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

You mean youre not interested in crypto currency consulting from a guy who already owns a gold AND a silver eagle at the ripe old age of 34?

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to have you onboard.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

• alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome

• david3142david3142 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see you’ve chosen a name very similar to mine. Welcome aboard!

• CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome. You've come to the right place. This is where the "big boys" tend to hang out. Absorb everything and ask anything!..

The more you VAM..
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome - there's also a Precious Metals Forum where we do talk about Gold and Silver Eagles as well. :)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Thank you jmski52, I will take a look at that shortly; I appreciate it.

• Not sure what makes people think I work for a company or here to advertise. That's the issue I had at the other forum as well. Having a signature and profile picture (E.g., not a newbie to forums, but a newbie to collecting coins) does not mean I am here for those reasons. Please quit that noise, its not only annoying its like asking someone why they have their Facebook profile filled out, or... "why do you have a profile pic or an about me section" ... I am here to learn, and gain knowledge and share experiences. Thank you!

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome! What is your series of interest? If you don't have one yet I'll throw Peace Dollars in as a suggestion. :)

Collector, occasional seller

• ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

welcome!

K

ANA LM
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello and don't forget to bookmark every reference link you see and there will be some great ones. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• ChrisH821, for now I think I am going to try collecting as many Silver or Gold Eagles as possible but 1x per year. E.g., 2014, 2015, 2016, etc. I think that will help me understand the differences (if any) by year, value, collectibility etc. That said, I'm taking safe bets as of now in a way but also collecting what I think is appealing in regards to design. The second step (where actual investment of my savings will go towards) is perhaps rare and valuable coins that may benefit me more than just something pretty to look at? Will see. For now, just eagles =)

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 23,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

to the forums.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like people. Coins are okay, too. If you like research, history, etc., be it sports, coins, currency, autographs, stamps, or even beanie babies...... Those like minded individuals gather here in coin universe. These are almost "sacred halls", but I can't go that far. HRH will ban me. LOL

And let me tell you : The MAJOR players are waiting in the wings. Waiting to pounce ( kidding) .

My advice : Respect authority and expertise around here. It is essential, on the road to higher learning.
    We're blessed with the finest.

HE>I

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file