Comments

• Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Stick it in the freezer first.

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude!!!

Serious rip right here. Good luck!!!

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

Live cast this on youtube!

Fun rip, but pricey. Hope it is a 4 jeter box for you!

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Risky rip, but best of luck to you.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

@BALROG said:
    Oddball from Kelly's Heroes says there are too many negative waves here to rip it. Joey tried to help me find a job a while ago. When I finally got it, I didn't want to go. Oh the party Mary gave for me, when I just walked away. Now there's nothing more for me to say.

What was this guy's deal? I don't think there were any WWII era Hippies. Maybe he was considered a Beatnik? Or maybe I shouldn't be looking for historical accuracy in a movie with a cast that included Dirty Harry, Archie Bunker, Kojak, Uncle Leo and Don Rickles.

"I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike
  • mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

Oooh watching!

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!

@BALROG

I have never left one thing sealed and even when I planned to, some heavy drinking was always the culprit.

That is a lot of dough to potentially have little remaining value.

I will chip in on a 6 pack to see it opened live on cam. Get a few more peeps and you'll be forced to open. xD

• vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

6 pack? I'll ship ya a case brother.

As much as I dig your rips, this is road I likely wouldn't travel myself. But will support you in whatever your choice.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
    edited May 8, 2018 11:19AM

I am curious if you plan to build the set or just crackin' for Jeter (and fairly decent 10s)?

A small pot sweetener shall you open would be that I will contribute a good handful of cards from the set extras I have that might help fill your set.

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't do it, man. This whole thing is already cursed. Bad hee-bee-jee-bees all over this thing. That box is wearing a tiki medallion it got from Vincent Price.

Arthur

• Just noticed PWCC is running a PSA 10 93 SP Jeter in their current auction - already at $65k. How's that as a motivator to see what your box holds?

@lurkingnomore said:
    Just noticed PWCC is running a PSA 10 93 SP Jeter in their current auction - already at $65k. How's that as a motivator to see what your box holds?

check and mate B)

Some serious string bidding in that Jeter auction. Will be curious to see if some bids get canceled.

• Good catch David - before this started, I would have guessed $50k final price but who knows in this marketplace

• packG0DpackG0D Posts: 19

Moderator, I believe we can go ahead and file this one away as "fake news".

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mrpeanut39 said:

@BALROG said:
    Oddball from Kelly's Heroes says there are too many negative waves here to rip it. Joey tried to help me find a job a while ago. When I finally got it, I didn't want to go. Oh the party Mary gave for me, when I just walked away. Now there's nothing more for me to say.

What was this guy's deal? I don't think there were any WWII era Hippies. Maybe he was considered a Beatnik? Or maybe I shouldn't be looking for historical accuracy in a movie with a cast that included Dirty Harry, Archie Bunker, Kojak, Uncle Leo and Don Rickles.

GREAT movie. GREAT theme song.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@packG0D said:
    Moderator, I believe we can go ahead and file this one away as "fake news".

welcome to the boards

• tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

@BALROG said:
    i STILL get mesmerized...and must watch the gif repeat over and over for at least a minute each time, the popcorn girl's left arm push up on the hoot action. It's utterly innocent, yet... completely hot.

oh yeah.. sorry about the fake news here. I see bids are at a six pack. This would be three of those, to gather the cohonies.
    'packGOD'. sorry man... no such thing. :)

Awe Come on!...there are even instructions on the back on how to open the box, it can't be that hard :)

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭

Man, you guys are going to make me come out of pack ripping retirement.

Nikklos
  • miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nikklos said:
    Man, you guys are going to make me come out of pack ripping retirement.

They had me looking at some of my unopened and considering ripping it, so I had to go pick up a cheap box of modern and rip it just to hold back the urge to open the vintage on the shelf.

• hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BALROG said:

Underrated song B)

• minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Vintage Breaks pulled a minty Jeter from 93 SP last night. Go to the 2:25 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLqaYIMIt-w

Thank you Michelob Ultra!!!

Good luck!!!

This is awesome! Cannot wait to check back after more Michelob gets consumed!

• ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy.... :o

Andy

• jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

The PSA 10 Jeter just sold for $99,100. These box prices will make a huge jump in the next few days.
    James

• maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet fancy moses it's happening! Good luck on pulling a stunner of a Jeter.

• lseeconlseecon Posts: 318 ✭✭

wow. good luck. lets hope you pull a better jeter. You have bigger cajones than me for ripping this box. But what entertainment for everyone. thanks!!

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nooooooo! Why, Balrog!? WHY!?!?

Arthur

• FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't quite get my mind around the idea that a box from 1993 could contain a card worth 100k today. I hope you get another Jeter that has a shot at a 10. Good luck!

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

hope you get a better jeter!!!

also love the videos with the rip

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have balls of steel. I hope you pull another Jeter. I regret selling my box, knowing what they sell for now. WOW!!!

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON

I am not sure the $99,000 sale last night was legit for the Jeter. I can no longer find a record of it on Ebay. Can anyone else find the sale?

I can now find the sale in a link from sports collectors daily, but when I search for the sale on Ebay on my own, it is not showing up. I may just be ebay search challenged.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

It can take up to 24 hours for completed listings to show up.

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fishy last bid cancelled by a 1 feedback bidder on the bid history page:

Bid retraction and cancellation history
    Bidder
    Action Date of Bid and Retraction
    f***s(1)

Cancelled:$99,200.00

Bid:16 May 2018 at 6:23:58PM PDT
    Cancelled:16 May 2018 at 6:27:22PM PDT

https://ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/352347658004?item=352347658004&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565